Old lynx

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zar, Apr 17, 2014.

1. RIctavius

You serious or trolling?
  2. asdfPanda

In addition to having it's hipfire nerfed, it's damage per magazine lowered, it's 0.75x ads speed multiplier removed, it's minimum damage range nerfed to 50m. It's less of a CQC beast. It gains stability in medium ranges, but looses out in close quarters.
    Except that it's hipfire was nerfed. Previously, the Lynx had SMG-tier moving hipfire(although it's hipfire-bloom was the same as other carbines). The old Lynx was a better hipfire weapon than the new Lynx in many ways.

Both are good weapons. However, I'd stick with the Jaguar because of it's better hipfire, damage per magazine, and 0.75 ads speed multiplier. If you need a faster ttk, go with the new Lynx.

Old Lynx is better than the new Lynx for many reasons that I have previously stated(higher damage per magazine, better hipfire, 0.75x ads speed, blooms less because of it's rpm).
    In addition to the old Lynx having a better moving hipfire than the Jaguar. Also, the Jaguar dropped off to 112 damage instead of 100 damage. So, people took the Lynx for pure CQC purposes, and took the Jaguar for a weapon that could deal with both close and medium ranges. Similar weapons, completely different purposes.

He seems to be serious. OP essentially had a weapon that he paid SC/certs for removed.
    • Up x 2
  3. Winfield

This is an MMO. Things change.

I still don't understand people whining about things like this.
    Vanguard Shield changed, am I frustrated about it? Maybe a bit.
    Am I gonna whine to get my certs back? Certainly not.

You guys need to get off your high horses, especially the people who buy blatantly OP crap and then cry for their certs after it gets nerfed. Not saying this is the case with Lynx but come on.
    • Up x 1
  4. asdfPanda

Did the Lynx need a revamp? Moreso, were people already satisfied with the CQC niche it fulfilled? Changing the Lynx hurt the TR carbine arsenal more than it helped it.
    Except, in the case of the Vanguard shield, it wasn't revamped, only nerfed. The Lynx was revamped entirely, and for previously mentioned reasons(look at some of my other posts regarding this subject), the old Lynx needs to be brought back.

I'm not saying that the new Lynx is a bad weapon. I'm saying that having both the new Lynx and the old Lynx would be optimal.
    • Up x 2
  5. Winfield

It's irrelevant how you feel about the gun. In your eyes it's clearly a nerf and hurt it, stop lying to yourself.

Fact is, in a game like this many things change and instead of crying for reimbursements you need to take a step back and think a little on how things work.
  6. asdfPanda

Actually, you should stop shoving words in my mouth, because you clearly don't read.

I'll say it again. The new Lynx is a good weapon. The old Lynx is a good weapon. On the other hand, without the old Lynx, the TR carbine arsenal lacks a dedicated CQC weapon. The new Lynx trades some CQC capabilities for medium range versatility. However, the new Lynx competes for a niche already had by weapons like the Jaguar and TRAC-5.

Also, don't give me that "look at the big picture" crap when you clearly don't understand it in the first place. I'm not crying for reimbursements. I'm arguing for a change.

Also, the people that are crying for reimbursements certainly have the right to do so. They bought a weapon months or weeks ago thinking it would be a CQC monster. However, the new Lynx may be good in CQC, but it doesn't even come close to the new Lynx.
    People bought the old Lynx to fulfill a certain playstyle. The new Lynx is entirely different.

I don't advocate taking away Taco Bell and replacing it with McDonalds.
    • Up x 1
  7. Dieter Perras

Looking at your kill board and at how you use your weapons it seems to me the problem here is that you almost exclusively used that weapon. So you got really used to it and when its play style changed it messed with that system you had. I don't think they are going to realese a second lynx just for you so I would suggest either;

a) adapt to the new version
    or
    b) find a weapon with the same functionality as the old lynx and use that.

I know my suggestions still suck but I think it's the best you're going to do under the circumstances. When you specialize to much in one area you risk a great deal when that thing changes. good luck.

P.S. Don't mind the rude people on here with unhelpful comments, they probably just come on forumside to get their anger on the game out.
    • Up x 1
  8. Winfield

I'm sure the TR have a weapon that fills the "old" lynx's niche.

All you're doing right now is being the "doomsayer" on these forums.

I also spent certs ages ago on my Harasser and my reaver(Launch reaver) when they both were extremely OP. Did I cry for reimbursements? Nopeh.

Grow a pair. Plox.
  9. asdfPanda

Again, stop shoving words in my mouth. I'm far past the point of "doomsayer". I'm disgruntled more than anything.

I'm arguing for the old Lynx to make a comeback. The new Lynx is good, but the old Lynx was better for CQC.

TR does not have a weapon that fills the old Lynx's niche as well as it did.

-800 rpm
    -SMG-tier moving hipfire(best among all carbines)
    -0.75x ads speed multiplier
    -5720 damage per magazine
    etc, etc

TR does not have a carbine that could or can compete with the old Lynx in CQC, because of it's insane moving hipfire spread and good RPM. The Jaguar comes close, but still loses out in RPM ,hipfire, and DPM. The new Lynx comes close, but loses out on hipfire, 0.75x ads, 5720 damage per magazine, and a marginal amount of RPM. Also, the new Lynx blooms more because of it's higher RPM.

The new Lynx and Jaguar beat the old Lynx at medium ranges. However, the old Lynx was unparalleled in the TR carbine CQC department.
    • Up x 1
  10. Winfield

So basically it got nerfed and you want your certs back, gotcha.

EDIT: I also didn't like it when SOE "changed" the "GODSAW". I dealt with it.
  11. asdfPanda

You're likely trolling, but you amuse me, you small man.

Lynx was changed, not nerfed. I never said I wanted my certs back.

Until you can actually provide a logical stance against my claim, you may as well be taking a dump in thin air.

I've never stated that the Lynx was nerfed. I pointed out the changes made to the weapon, yes.

Your statement is irrelevant because the old Lynx was never OP. In fact, it was out-dpsed by the likes of the GD-7F and Serpent.
    • Up x 1
  12. Wraith9961

As an NC player i still remember how the gaus saw used to be an awesome weapon until it got nerfed and now you need to compensate for the lack of stats with your own skill.

NC got nerfed since day one of planetside and everyone knows it ,if you can't handle one single weapon stat change never join NC or as Winfield told you "grow a pair ". :)
  13. asdfPanda

I'm not saying that I hate the new Lynx. In fact, I like it. However, I also liked the old Lynx.

The old Lynx wasn't OP. In fact, its horizontal recoil was considered garbage to some people.

Discussion of NC is irrelevant. We're talking about TR carbines.
    • Up x 1
  14. Hiding in VR

You can, but it has to be called Axe in America.

Ba Dum Tish
    • Up x 3
  15. Winfield

Took me wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long to get this.

+1. Made me smile out out loud.
  16. IamDH

i LOVE the new Lynx
  17. Zar

See People like this make me happy cause, I may be jaded and have my own issues but any time i see posts like this.... all i can think is wow thank god I didn't turn out like them. don't want a refund all "we" asked for was our gun back keep the new one too it has its place in the universe but the old lynx did as well. please leave this thread you are not helpful nor arguing a point you are just spewing venom and bile.
  18. z1967

They likely removed the .75 ADS because none of the other high DPS carbines had it. Granted, if that is the case then the GD-7F and Serpent are probably also going to end up losing their 45 rpm (which puts the DPS/DPM in roughly the same area). That is just my guess for their future balance plans for the guns. I don't know what they actually plan on doing with those guns since they feel, incomplete. Something small that just puts them off for me. I don't know what though.
  19. Kinan Eldari

Of course, they could just up the RPM of the current Jaguar to recreate the old Lynx at least in part. It has comparable stats to the Trac 5 right now and this may make some people happy.

That said, the new Lynx takes a fair bit of getting used to. It's not a weapon you can simply pick up and stomp people with. But that said, despite having a little low damage per bullet ratio, it's damage output is fairly comparable to the old version.