In defense of the HA's Instant-Win shield

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by M4L4CH1TE, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Casterbridge

So first let me say I'm an average player perhaps even below average, I lone wolf it and I generally only play infantry and mostly just HA.

I decided that with the shield nerf, which I didn't really get to try and play other classes a bit more, I went with the engineer, probably the least direct combat class.

Gotta say still don't get the HA hate. Carbines are very nice guns, and while I have to reload more often I certainly don't have to worry about running out of ammo, and then the mines, have I been missing out geez those little bundles of fun, both AP and AV are so nice, leading two enemy soldiers to chase you through a doorway and to have them both get hit by the mine and then finish off the one that was still standing is great. Not to mention sneaking up behind tanks, I know you could do the same thing with C4 and a HA but still.

I even made use of turrets, not to shoot them but to act as shield and distraction, it's hilarious how many people will target the empty turret and ignore the engineer standing a few yards away that's actually killing you.

I do miss the Rocket Launcher and AV grenades a bit, primarily because it's easier to take out max units with, but the mines work too, just not as well or as easily.

Anyway conclusion, I still don't get the HA hate, and I think this shield nerf is unnecessary but hey at least now I'm having some fun with the other classes.
  2. TheTickles

This is where I stopped taking you seriously. HA effective at all ranges? Really? Was not aware that the EM6 could effectively kill in less then two seconds at 75m+. If you really believe he is effective at all ranges you have not played HA as much as you claim.

Not certain what you are talking about here. Engineers and medics are a cert rain. Especially in large fights. I have rarely seen it where there isn't medics or engineers running around the field of battle.

If you cannot hit a near stationary class who at the start of the engagement is facing 180 degrees away from you then how on earth is it OP? It just takes a few more bullets which almost every primary gun in the game has enough to handle the shield. I would bet all my certs that HA's die more often in an ambushed scenario then not after activating the shield.
  3. Hiding in VR

I will continue to play HA, Sniper Inf, SMG Inf and Engineer. What I expect is that when I play SMG Inf, it will get even easier. Which it really should not.
  4. JRCoonington

theres already a two way delay called ping. client side HD means when u pop ur shield its not actually on for a good half second depending on ur ping, ur opponents ping, and wether SOE fed their server hamster that day.
  5. Jawarisin

Infiltrators are the main anti-infantry class, and also the most hated. Go figure, I could use the same arguments to justify nerfs against infiltrators.

For instance, Infiltrators are the sneaky class, why would you put neon stripes on them to make them look like glowsticks. Why would you make the cloak sound be heard up to 200 meters for the sneakiest class. Why would you make it a base health of 900 if this is supposed to be anti infantry. Why is the cloak so easy to see (med+) that anybody can spot you under 50 meters when you're supposed to be sneaky.

Part of it is balance, part of it is ******, part of it is hate. You got to accept all of it :)
    HA's getting some hate too right now, deal with it, other classes had it worst!
  6. Corezer

counter argument:

Go play WoW

and no, I am not an FPS purist ignoring the MMO part of the game, I am an MMOFPS purist disregarding the non-existent RPG part that you would see implemented.
  7. M4L4CH1TE

And I would completely agree with you. Why the hell would a sniper want a bullet tracer that draws a bright line all the way back to where they are shooting from? That is stupid. And why should a gun that can kill a tank not punch a hole through a silly nanite generated soldier. Many (but not all of these) are examples of not providing good map design. Some are made because someone got mad after bringing a knife to a gun fight.
  8. Jawarisin

I dont think you got me. Aside from that, let's put this in a more real set up.

Not every soldier can carry rockets etc etc. Accept this as a game, dont blame map design. Some stuff is stupid yes, but other is balance or hate. A lot of it is also balance. Hence the shield changes.
    • Up x 1
  9. MasterDemoman

Let me clarify, for everyone saying the shield is OP
    HEAVY assault
    HEAVY
    HEAVY
    HEAVY
    HEAVY!!
  10. Kafein

11. TheTickles

1. If you think that infantry is not a threat beyond 75m then you have not used burst mode on many of the weapons in the game. Many are pinpoint accurate up to 150m. Double the effective range of an HA's weapons.

2. Either show me some raw data showing that HA's are used more then the other classes or drop this point. No evidence then no point.

3. You do realize that at the ranges an ambush occur in the ambusher drops the target (including HA's) in less thne 1.2 seconds right? If your saying that the person with more health should be able to turn around and finish off a full health target (while slowed down by his ability) more often then not in that time frame then you sadly have no clue.

4. From personal experience I find that ambushers die to me as HA only when they missed so much that they would not have killed me anyways.
  12. Hiding in VR

Really? Not in the game I play. Mainly its Engineers. And god knows how many Infs there are, but thats the point of the class ;)
  13. KnightCole

Hell, when guys are lagging or w/e, an infil takes 10x the amount of rounds a normal, non cheating HA takes. ****, even with my shield I drop in a second or less...sometimes I dont even get to react...so shield OP? not really.

In normal game play without all the "helpful outside aids"....HA are barely any tougher. I have dropped shielded HAs in like 13 rounds. Meanwhile, a hacking HA, I cant kill with 40...****, I fired another 60 at a VG clan HA, didnt kill him, he ran like 100m across an open field on indar. Lets say half missed him...which about half did, that is still 30 hits....which should kill him atleast twice over.

Helghost to....caught him with like 50 rounds one day...nothing lol.