Fellow NCs...and you TRs, lets show VS support- SOE, unnerf Saron! Lets do something good

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mystogan, Apr 18, 2014.

1. XXBLACKATTACKXX

It definitely hurt.
    But now it can sort of infantry farm
    I was on indar with my mag with fpc saron
    and i was spamming saron at the shield and the infantry anywhere near it would die.
    Granted most of the were not flak armor infantry but still.

now it is harder for the saron to hit infantry attacking you tank and easier to spawncamp?
    SOE is weird.

Remember it is only a couple days so strategies still need to adapt and once they do then we determine the saron.
    Also it looks bad on paper but not too bad in game.
  2. AssaultPig

eh, I don't really mind the AV tank coaxial nerfs. AV weapons shouldn't be good at anti-infantry fighting; vehicles should have to specialize.

plus VS have the ridiculous PPA if they want to kill infantry
  3. Frosty The Pyro

supernova is better AI than the Titan is.
  4. NCDaniel

5. Gundem

They are identical in every aspect, yet the Magrider has to turn it's entire hull in order to engage a target.

Unless you are talking about the stock cannon, which then the NC have better velocity, direct hit damage, and better turret angle in exchange for that slower reload.
  6. gunnner10

Thanks, Mystogan, for looking at balance in such an unbiased way. I have faith that SOE uses data in their decisions to nerf, not just $. I personally never use the mag, because to move the main canon horizontal, you have to turn the entire tank. Too much trouble and no fun for me :)
  7. Hoki

I think all AV secondaries should be ****** against infantry. They're the best weapon against vehicles, yet still perfectly good against infantry.

Its partly why there is no goddamn diversity. Most tanks just use the AV secondaries because why not, its still good enough to kill infantry.
    • Up x 1
  8. Maelthra

If SOE reads this they're going to nerf the Enforcer and Vulcan!
  9. sestun

I want the old TR tank lock-down back, but I know that's not going to happen. Just call it the nerf wind. Just go along with the wind.
    • Up x 1
  10. Akeita

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  11. TheStonehawk

As I've said before. When SOE hits things with the Nerf brush they use the whole damn paint bucket.

Sorry VS for your loss. I didn't get killed much by the Saron as infantry. I don't see why it needed nerf.
  12. XXBLACKATTACKXX

Tanks use AV secondaries because they go after vehicles.
    Infantry however sees tank and shoots missile at it.
    Is the tank supposed to die to that one infantry???

AV weapons should kill infantry
    AI weapons should farm infantry

Very few people use AI secondaries because you lose the AV abilities
  13. Hoki

I roll ap lightning and prowler with a walker usually.
    No splash at all on my tanks, so you'll find no sympathy from me.
  14. Epic High Five

There's lots of reasons to not use the C85
  15. Ttariel

Why stop there, i honestly dont see a good reason why all 3 factions got nerfs for those weapons.
    Saron was really fine, 2 shots was already wonky thanks to the strange hitbox.
    Enforcer was one of those weapons nobody was complaining about, hell i forgot that was a thing.
    And Vulcan was broken on the Harraser, the prowler verison didnt need that hard of a nerf.

SOE forgets that the AT weapons are not that easy to use against infantary and expect every player to be a no error robot.
    And maybe more would use the infantary version if the performance wasnt so lacking on most of them.
  16. TeknoBug

ridiculous and PPA doesn't belong in the same sentence.
  17. CrashB111

Tell me again why the lowest performing AV tank secondary needed to be smacked with the nerf bat? And if you say Harasser I will smack you.

Yes because a weapon that has no range limitation at all, does good damage, massive clip size, and can keep entire squads pinned because it never stops firing is totally legit right? Especially when its competitors the Marauder and Canister are non-factors because the Canister has always been *** and the Marauder got so nerfed that you can't even direct hit people to kill them anymore.
  18. p10k56

To hell with Saron.
    Gimme Banshee for Prowler:D
  19. ColonelChingles

Except maybe here:

Uh... what? Paperlamp, something wrong with you (more so than usual)? The latest changes to the Vulcan were a buff. It got an effective range increase from 75m to 100m.

So I was supporting a buff to the Prowler's Vulcan cannon, which statistically it needs. I dunno what's your problem with that.
  20. Modern Ancestor