Points turning on their own

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gunnner10, Apr 18, 2014.

1. gunnner10

Running a squad on Amerish during an alert. At Crux headquarters fighting for Auraxium Network. The "B" point kept changing to TR owned even though the map showed 100% VANU at Crux. TR were defending Network. This bug was difficult to deal with!
  2. Li3ber87

Seconded, been having this occur at least a few times per play session these past few days. It's really annoying as we end up having to leave someone on the point until we flip the next base...
  3. Despia

I've seen that also many times, only cappable when 2 players are at A. Sometimes one player only stops the phantom capping...
  4. Elrobochanco

Yep it's a (I think) known bug. Where a point continues to flip because the server still thinks there is a player there. You might notice this happening to you if down in your map it's telling you you are in a base different from where you are at (I don't mean the mission, I mean the map location string). Related to zone desyncing.
  5. Hoki

6. TomoB

Haven't seen points turning by themselves, once I suspected a bug but there was apparently very skilled stalker inf taking it after all.
  7. AxisO7

I had a bug on Howling Pass about a week ago. Captured B point, then ran on to whatever I was doing only to realise I was still 'capturing' B. The progress bar was on my HUD, the VS needed at least two people on it to capture it, and every time they left it the point was flipping straight back again as if I were there.

I tried capturing C hoping it would make the bug update itself and see I wasn't on B, but the bug just kept going (I'm fairly sure I was also able to capture C while I was on the point, so getting two at once, but not 100% certain). It also lasted after I was killed and redeployed. Eventually I had to relog my game to get rid of the bug.

It sounds like exactly how this bug is happening, but the result of this bug (points flipping by themselves) seems to be a lot more common than getting my glitch itself. It's the only time I've had it, and as far as I know nobody else in my outfit has ever mentioned having it. Whereas we seem to run into half a dozen bugged points each night. Of course, maybe some of them are just extremely well hidden stalkers, but we normally check them out pretty damn well and can't find anything.