Why double xp only for sub-player

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ENGTX, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pacster

Says who? Your imagination? Without any statistic an attitude like that towards customers would be a very risky business behaviour....
    Again, this games most important asset is the number of players. The more the number decreases the less interesting it gets for many players....and the harder it is to balance faction numbers(cause the loss of a few players already makes a huge difference then).
  2. doombro

They should make double XP weekends a normal thing for everyone.

Give members quadruple XP. :)
    • Up x 5
  3. Luighseach

Double XP is not member only.

It is that Members get Double XP every month while none subscription players get Double XP when it is a special event.
    • Up x 2
  4. bPostal

Non subscribers don't get double XP weekends anymore. Don't feel bad though, nobody gets 2x or 3x SC sales.
  5. QuakerOatsMan

The idea is that members get a guaranteed/set/more-frequent x2 exp whereas it would otherwise be on random holidays. Regular players will still probably get the normal random x2 exp weekends as well. I don't mind it because the member perks weren't very good to begin with, and it helps generate some cash flow to keep game development going.

It only looks like a bad move from SOE. However, it's actually pretty beneficial for all players because members have an incentive to log on, leading to regulars also joining in because of the larger pop and bigger fights, which in turn creates bigger fights throughout all servers.

(As a regular, you also get x2 assist experience if a member finishes off your target, which can be more than if you killed the target yourself).
  6. Maljas23

I see no problem here.
  7. Bravo2-9

Once upon a time no game was f2p either.
  8. ENGTX

Dont make it f2p then . simple . if you want money . make it for money .
  9. ENGTX

if you want money . then do it for the money . No need for f2p . I played last year world of tanks . in specia occasion they give free tank and upgrades .
  10. ENGTX

I hope they make no f2p .
  11. kadney

Would have been nice to see some double exp weekend for everybody this time since we got the long easter-weekend.. but well... missed opportunity... :(
    I think they should be open for all if they fall on special times a year, especially like easter and christmas.. :oops:
  12. Kunavi

While I agree paying customers should get some "Premium" stuff, are we just defending our loss to feel better about it? What are we really paying for, here? Nothing. We're just supporting a F2P and we're reduced to protecting our "Right" to Double XP- Not worth the fuss. So I agree with the other voices here saying that 2XP is no big thing and should be done regularly. Those who want to stay will stay no matter how many Certs they have, PS2 is a grind IMHO, let them enjoy it a little more. And Subbers should definitely get a lot more benefits, not just being able to spend SC on other titles(!?Rly?! That's a benefit?!) or play those titles with the same meager advantages, literally funding SOE's experiments(H1Z1, PS2, PS2 on PS4 and who knows what else) just like Player Studio is there to also take some load off their backs. Note I said "ALSO" and yes that's just MHO and I could be wrong but we'll never know.

SOE should give us more important benefits, they should give 2XP to the lot of us. It's the least thing that'd annoy me about PS2 allowing "Free-Loaders", if all the other problems they caused were taken care of that alone would never vex me nor make me feel I'm being ripped off.

Did I make it clear enough that I think Free-Loaders hurt more than help(Because of how PS2 works and what it currently needs, IE MONEY and to not scare away people who give it, by 4th Faction to mention one way)? Well I did now again just to be sure. No offense.

All we're paying for right now is to help pad PS2 out of a drunk Beta state. Throw a bone, we may kind of like what PS2 is, its concept, but I think we need to open our eyes and see it's not getting there as soon as it could, I for one feel milked. And give your F2Pers a token of appreciation now and then.
  13. Goretzu

Once upon a time you paid for the game and got everything (or at least the chance to access it) within that price.

These days it is very quickly heading towards MMO companies expecting you to pay a subscription AND buy everything from the Cashshop (which was fairly unimaginable just 6 years ago). :(
  14. Apples

Because maybe people aren't dishing the money as quickly as then. It's really not such a big deal is it?
  15. AxisO7

I do hope normal users still get the 3 or 4 double xp weekends a year (while members get one every month), but this weekend is one where I would have expected it. That they didn't get it is disappointing. As far as I know we've had no confirmation either way whether free users will ever get double xp weekends again.
  16. ENGTX

you are paying t feel more and be more ''Premium'' . the f2p gamers are here for the game. while you are because you want to pay . Its up to and your pocket . How about this . block the server and make it available for those who pay . maybe then you appreciate the f2p gamers . Plus dont change the rules now , because you cant win money . last year was free for all . easter is for all , not for those who pay . this is discrimination . If you did this for the money . then Soe should do i for the money from beginning . Not only me as a f2p gamer . even you membership player already wrote problem on not 2X sc offers .SOE should give us more important benefits, they should give 2XP to the lot of us.? And you still paying ?
  17. OddChelsea

You guys all too often confuse 'paying costumer' with 'subscribed member'. I can't afford to have a monthly fee but through SC I have spent a ton of money on this game over time. I could have had quite a few discounted or even a few full priced new releases but I chose to support the game with it. Honestly people who support the game through SC should still be rewarded with double exp sometimes. I'm even going to buy another heroic boost when my 6 month anni pack boost runs out.
    • Up x 1
  18. DrPapaPenguin

I only cared when I had the 100% 3-day XP booster which I could pop during the 2x weekend. 1k certs a day, yeah....
  19. Astriania

You'd kind of expect Easter to be one of the open-to-everyone double XP weekends. I think it's fine that subscribers get additional double XP weekends, it's a straightforward and obvious incentive to give SOE money and a game like this needs quite a bit of money.

Personally I'm not that bothered, double XP weekends tend to be horrible to play in because everyone's farming and there's no objective related gameplay anywhere.
  20. eldarfalcongravtank

who needs boosts... who needs membership.... who needs double xp....

fighting semi-sized battles as medic, i get 100+ certs in less than an hour. and i ain't even a great shot
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.