What's it like on Connery?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheShrapnelKing, Apr 17, 2014.

1. come1l

Connery ---------------------- PARTY FARM PARTY FARM PARTY FARM LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

Seriously, nobody gives a nanites about victories and territories in Connery.
    • Up x 1
  2. VanuSShooter

Connery is a great server and I would recommend going on VS, if you're still interested of going over ... anyway reading this thread ... I will try out Mattherson sometime, sounds like a fun server.
  3. Patroclusx

Connery is a large server full of many very well organized outfits with a decent command channel. On any large servers your going to have walkingccerts farming or getting farmed. Tr has alot of great outfits that work together. Nc has a few good ones with recursion becoming the power house . The majority of vanu is zerg sadly though , who also tends to have server pop.
  4. Xervous

I'll just echo it again that you won't find many pilots on connery, just highly mobile clusters of cert piñatas
  5. TeknoBug

Yes I share that view, when I play my NC on Connery I mind my own business when it comes to teammates, if I roll with a crowd I end up getting killed by other NC more than both VS or TR alone so I tend move away from the crowd and approach the objective in another way. Ever had multiple Ravens and Scattermaxes to the back of your head by the same damn person over and over? How about being rocket podded by your own damn teammate when there's no enemy nearby? How about a friendly Harasser zooming full speed through a crowd of NC just spawning from a Sunderer and getting mowed over by it?

Also I don't remember the last time VS has gone above 35% pops on Connery, maybe not during prime time.
  6. TsubasaKuroi

Least pop probably. Wouldn't say hate, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if both sides merely viewed us as "hey that third side we can take territory from lol" and nothing more.
  7. PWGuy93

Connery is the NC playground all others suffer their population wrath.
  8. EliteEskimo

Lol no you don't want more Vanu like that. Other than a select few outfits/people Mattherson VS almost never says GG or admits TR/NC gave them a good fight. Seeing sportsmanship talk from them is something I see once in a Blue Moon. That being said Mattherson VS are in my opinion the best/most coordinated/ most skilled/ most high BR saturated VS in the entire game. There is no harder group of players in the game to go up against. I don't believe any other server abuses the Lancer from beyond render distance at the consistency Mattherson VS does, and obviously like any other faction on Mattherson they are teeming with highly coordinated outfits of small-large.

I would encourage anyone who fancies themselves a challenge to try playing on Mattherson, specifically Mattherson TR since we're the most hard mode to play as we're organized and only lacking in numbers right now. Overall Mattherson in general has lots of AV, lots of AA, and lots of C4/ AV turret users... I would say with confidence that you just can't get away with the stuff you do on other servers here, and if you can it normally won't last as long, particularly when going up against the organized outfits.

Overall though the biggest thing that makes Mattherson stand apart is that the server is run by outfits, not the zerg or random players, alerts always come down to which outfits work together and coordinate better. Zergs get eaten alive by outfits here. Does Mattherson suffer population wise during the week when it's not prime time, ya totally. Is it still fun during prime time? Yes. Is it still super fun / epic during the weekends and specifically on friday. You better believe it.:cool:
  9. Brahma2

But so many of them though, it's like every day is Christmas.

With the occasionally interspersed Halloween when you run into one of the scary players on server. But no worries... it's not like they'll be alone usually anyways, so the joy is double/tripled when you run into them.
    • Up x 1
  10. Corporate Thug

To answer your question of what is Connery like, I would say it sucks overall. There are hardly ever any good fights unless you like spamming in a vehicle. The quality of the fights on Waterson were typically much better and even better on Mattherson, though those servers can be frustrating when the pop dips really low. Connery is ok for large battles but they are rarely fun. I've played on Connery since the helios merge and at times is was great but lately it's felt like spam, the undesirable parts of meat all clumped together. I still play there since my highest level characters are there but I usually get frustrated by the server performance and general high pings, not to mention all those people playing on potatoes that kill you seconds after taking cover.
  11. HadesR

For a lot of us it's the exact opposite .. We don't prefer to fight TR because we hate them but because they are normally more fun to fight ..

Fighting VS at times is like fighting some weird off spring of the Borg and Golem .. Boring and predictable ..
    I know there are exceptions but Globally they seem more interested in winning than they are of having interesting fun battles, even at the cost of their own fun .. Be in a good 24 v 24 then suddenly it turns into a 24 v 100 ( with 75% of them in vehicles or Max's ).

" WE WE must assimilate the base, we want's it ... OUR PRECIOUS !!!!!! " :p

I know all factions zerg but VS seem to do it a lot more than TR .. Which makes TR more interesting and enjoyable to fight the majority of the time.

So no it's not hate .. But respect for seemingly playing the game in a relaxed enjoyable nature and not taking everything to seriously, that makes it fun to play against them.
    • Up x 1
  12. vanu123

Absolutely, I have no doubt that Connery has one of, if not the best pilots in the game.
  13. AnnPerkins

late night huge vs overpop. 50%+ nightly.

peak hours slight NC overpop.

only VS does alerts since everyone gets demoralized when every decent fight is ruined by VS dropping 2 platoons on you with an entire platoon of air support and an optional additional platoon of skillriders.
  14. Xervous

I wish I could definitively pin it down whenever I run into a good lib PILOT or not, the gunners are much easier to pick out because, well, they produce far more obvious results. It would be nice if I was more able to give the pros their due.
  15. Zar

AFX does but ill agree alot don't. but thats really for any side
  16. NoctD

The top Lib crews all know each other - look at their friends list and so on, and you can figure out who the pilots are and who the gunners are. Then again, all you need to look for is MERC, CIK, RDTL and FCRW to tell you're dealing with a good Lib. I know of one NC pilot/gunner pair but none of the others have proven memorable enough to recall.

I would have to say TR has the best Lib crews on the server. But when you get 12 NC Libs in one area, there's not even the need for skill really. And yes I counted that many NC Libs, plus a few ESFs yesterday over Heyoka Armory. Sad part is by the time we got to The Bastion, there was no more air to be found, and most of the horde of tanks were gone too (a lot got picked off at Rockslide).
  17. Gables

If it's the same NC air zerg I heard about last night, it was torn apart by half a CIK air squad. I was logging in at the time and they were all taken care of before I finished loading. Those jerks didn't save any for me! :p
    • Up x 1
  18. iller

Libs in general used to take "skill" .... before the last major patch... So If you wanna pick through the Haystack for the needles of skill, those needles are mostly in Tanks and ESF's now (Or light assaults that some how manage to land C4 on Libs b/c screw logic)

I'd also point out that RedTails themselves admits they have no interest at all in supporting their fellow TR's or helping in Alerts. And the only "Lib Crew" FCRW ever had was VirtW+Druzinko. So they're not good examples when compared to most NC lib crews who actually DO push lanes instead of only looking for easy farms between VS+NC like RedTails do
  19. KyrFox

From a VS perspective, I'd say that the TR are the underdogs on Connery; They're nearly always lowest in population, and there's only so much they can really do to overcome that. That said, I see some impressive tactical coordination coming from them on occasion, particularly as regards their air game. When they decide to get serious on a specific warzone, they're a sight to behold, and I have no small amount of respect for them as opponents.

The NC are the poorly-coordinated Zerg faction there, the ones who tend to have a pop advantage during most hours, and still often manage to lose alerts in spite of it.

VS, to my mind, is somewhere in the middle; Middling population, and good enough coordination to meet or beat the NC despite their pop advantage at peak hours. VS does totally dominate late-nights popwise; I've seen continent-capture alerts at 4:00AM where both other factions simply abandoned the continent.
  20. Ronin Oni

I keep hoping for a Waterson - Matherson merge

Both servers would benefit I think.