what the heck is going on, crash, monitor flicker, ext

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by supernauttt, Apr 17, 2014.

1. supernauttt

Im not sure what the deal is here are my specs

i5 3570k oc to 4.2
    win 7 professional 64 bit
    16 gig ram
    2tb wd black hdd
    asus mb
    evga gtx 760 ACX SC latest drivers

i used to crash every once in awhile like once every 4 hours or so but after this last patch its been crazy...i crashed 5 times tonight and probably another 6 times where the game freezes and monitor flickers off for a few seconds then comes back into the game. im running this at ultra with over 100 fps so how in the world would this game be having as much trouble as it does....i dont have a single issue with any other game...ever

my graphics card is new and i thought maybe its broken and really was pissed but from what i have been hearing there is some glaring issue between ps2 and these latest nvidia drivers? is this true what is casusing all of this?

i can bearly lead platoons anymore with all this going on, not to mention voice comms are total rubish and crap out every other order and people miss drops ext ext...and yes we use TS but it doesnt help for casual pubby squads...

anyone else having these issues?
  2. Foxirus

I am having the same issue in a way. Last night I got a BSOD. Apparently it was caused by planetside 2 causing my video cards driver to stop responding. While the BSOD was a one time deal, My drivers crash every time I open up the map. This is getting ridiculous. The only time my Nvidia drivers crash is when the map comes up. It happens nearly every damn time.
  3. supernauttt

yeah mine seems random, or during flying or intesnse load areas...but pretty random overall
  4. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

We are currently looking into some crashing and stuttering issues that have surfaced since yesterday's patch. For the time being, you should see some improvement by reducing your current rendering distance while we work on getting the problem fixed. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause in the mean time.
  5. BorgUK1of9

Reduce rendering distance to what specifically, thats as bad as saying reduce the number of colours displayed.
  6. Ling

Hey Sean is it ok to just force it to run in 32 bit, I tried the render thing and it didn't help, to be honest I have tried just about everything under the sun and that is the only way I can get it to a somewhat playable level. I know its not an iGPU issue, its disabled in my BIOS. Its beyond me it was fine Wednesday with the 64 bit before it was pulled back but last night patch just did killed me.
  7. Ki11uminati

My game won't even open....
  8. supernauttt

hey wow a response for SOE well thats nice in itself so thanks for atleast ackowleging its there and that you are working on it...i really just havnt played much since it started...might try again tonight and ill try those things...
  9. chrisarn94

Did you try not playing on ultra? Maybe high or medium.
  10. Lord_Mogul

Got the flicker since updating to driver 355.23
    updating to beta driver 337.50 doesn't work either.
    rolling back to driver version 334.89 reduced frequency of the issue, but unfortunately not completely.

settings are medium to high (textures on ultra) render distance is around 2500 for a long time.
  11. OU7CAS7

Getting flickering issues on my 64-bit client with nVidia GeForce 335.23 drivers. Only happens on occasion, but still annoying considering previous versions of PS2 didn't flicker this much (almost no flickering at all).
  12. Krayus_Korianis

nVidia 332.21 drivers are the most stable drivers right now for Planetside 2. Don't use anything higher, otherwise you'll experience driver crashing (That's what that black screen is).
    • Up x 1
  13. AgentStark427

I dont think Nvidia is gonna fix the issue any time soon. The PS2 team needs to realize the problem is on their end.

Im not going to revert to 332.21 just to play this game.
    • Up x 1