Worst patch ever

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by teks, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Deggey

I have a loadout called GOTTA GO FAST with Rival, Magburner, and AutoRepair. It's got an FPC and a Halberd because sustained DPS isn't really a thing when one is traveling at a consistent 100 KPH, so I go for the burst.

It's the only thing I log in to do lately, I've given up on trying to reach BR100 before growing tired.
    Sounds like someone can't aim with the Spear Turret or AP. If you're in a tank I kill, you're going to die, too. Seriously, all I have to do is run you over as you try to scramble to cover. I find that it's more fun hunting the helpless little meatbags that decide to abandon their vehicles, they're good target practice.

Most of the better tank crews I fight stay in the vehicle for as long as possible. And I haven't seen logoffski plays in months.

I don't bother changing the icon anymore, this account will last 24 hours or less and then there'll be another phonetically identical spelling of Deggy on the Forums a few days later. The first one was Deggeh.

They don't like me very much anymore, apparently I was a little too honest during the UPGRADE NOW fiasco. My old account got perma'd, and two others since then have met the same fate.

But this is my solemn warning to the Forums: I'll lurk when I'm bored, and if I see a post that's stupid enough I'll make an alt account to argue with it.

A good Internet argument is better than a cup of coffee in the mornings anyway :p
  2. Flag

Here's a pro tip: Avoid General Gameplay Discussion. ;)
    • Up x 1
  3. ThePyroRussian

all i have to say is you dont use tanks or air so you dont feel the pain and the nerf dosnt apply to you
    • Up x 2
  4. Wizz

Vehicles ruining fights for infantry being nerfed isn't just for new players.
  5. Deggey

If you haven't figured out how to kill a tank by BR94 I have bad news for you.
    • Up x 3
  6. MGAMIKA

UUUMM They did not nerf the Vanguard shield hard enough (either that or Vipers are extremely $#*! (Read HA is better))...

2 Viper lightnings VS my HE - Kobolt Vanguard. = Including me getting shot in the @$$. I lost my Vanguard however 1 Viper dead and the other one was flaming (he jumped out to repair, I shot the Viper with an AV turret).

2 Magriders VS my Solo AP Vanguard = my Vanguard dead and both of them dead. 1 Spawned while I was attacking the other one and shot my @$$. Reversed straight back into the one behind me they shot each other because of the sudden movement (that shot sealed my victory) Shot the back of the Magrider that did it to me then both me and the other one died at the same time. (man a hot tank is nice).

2 notes.
    1. 1 Heavy is dangerous for an AP Vanguard now (the rocket from the back with destroy the shield and do some bleed damage).
    2. AV Grenades I finally got hit by one of them yesterday... O.O Are they meant to do that much damage (33% HP lost)??
  7. Wizz

I can kill a tank. I can't kill 20 camping a spawn.
  8. Silkensmooth

Tanks are still farming machines. The problem is really with the current base design. So here's how you fix it real simple now so pay attention. Lets use Ceres Hydroponics as an example. Once you cap the point at ceres, there should be a 30 second timer after which the spawn room no longer works and the shields drop. If the empire that owns the base caps back the control point then the spawn room will be theirs to use once more, otherwise it will remain inactive for the rest of the fight.

Basically what we have now is just silly spawn camping. Every single fight devolves into a spawn camp.

The bases need to be much larger inside maybe with more cap points so its not so crazy zergy, and completely closed off from vehicles. By eliminating spawn rooms after point caps you would force people to come back overland and that is where the vehicles come in.

I don't think it would be so frustrating to die to vehicles if it was only during the open field crossings from one base to another. That would be vehicles territory so to speak.

If people had to spawn at the next base and come back it would eliminate spawn camping altogether.

Tanks would have a role other than infantry farming.

I have been playing this game since December 2012 and even at its worst the A2G was never ever as bad as as the tank spam has always been. Couple OHK with thermals and its a disaster for infantry.

I don't like to see things get nerfed, but the vehicle vs infantry spam is so ridiculous at times.

Tanks drove every person i got to play this game to quit within hours. All but one.

Remember i have lots of time in tanks too, and i wont deny that i enjoy massive kill streaks vs infantry, but as someone who plays infantry as well at times and cares for overall balance, tank vs infantry needs nerfed a lot more.

One thing that you didn't mention which is huge for tankers is that mana turrets finally got nerfed. That was one of the only things that reliably killed me in my tank (other than air).
  9. NCDaniel

This definitely is the worst patch ever.
  10. vanu123

Saron taking 3-4 direct hits to kill 1 person is the only issue I have w/ this update.
  11. Kuro1n

Funny, all of my friends who just started playing with me (and me a returning player with new account) have all found tanks to be really lacking. 95% of the game is spent running around some base capping points, what would be the use of tanks if you just fought between the bases? As soon as one team get air superiority it tends to take a very short time until all tanks are reduced to metal scraps.

Personally I hate A2G way more than tanks due to the fact that I at least can hide BEHIND things with a tank and avoid them, they have longer reload and are clunky to get around things (well other than the magrider but it has its own downsides). The planes zoom around or drop a bomb in your head and you and your mates are dead before you even realized what happened.
    • Up x 2
  12. Rhaegal

On a side note, have they actually said that? Seems way too good to be true. I'll give one example; Harassers. Fairly big number of people would retire from farming certs if they get refunds for every CP they spent on this one particular once-awesome vehicle.
  13. shadowkhat

agreed 100% i think alot of the nerfs were to encourage sales, there is really no other reason to justify them, i do not belive the even bother testing their "balancing" in a real server in a real firefight, with real lag... i believe 100% they look at some random number and decide to make a change. they have never once in the entirety of SOE's existence looked at overall implications of changes...so i can believe 100% they changed the nano repair just for esf's even though it sucks for everything else... they've been pushing the entire game away from vehicles (other than sunderer and harrasser) bases with giant walls making tanks useless, for the longest time a 900m range tank killer finally fixed,still not balanced.

i'd be happy if they just did something to limit the 2v1 on connery, hell the TR and VS can be as OP as they want if they'd jsut fight each other more often. hate seeing a 33%,33%,33%, map and not a single hotspot on the entire vs/tr line :/ makes for very boring gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  14. teks

Yeah agreed that stats are being blown up by farming spawn rooms, and killing low BR players who still don't know they should move on.I could farm infantry this way just as easy with an AP cannon. The problem needs to be solved some oher way.
    At the very least new players should be warned about such pop inbalances.
  15. Acestar1st

I don't know what we should expect from a company that doesn't even bother with Q/A testing of patches!!! Well they have NO ***** CLUE about how to balance armor.. everything was fine.. Now I want my 12,000 certs I dumped into my armor BACK!!! Nerfed to OBLIVION!! Oh, did you notice that Thermals NO LONG SHOW INFANTRY?? Now every tank/lighting is just dead meat with a Light Assault dropping C4 at night.. HOW YOU GOING TO SEE THEM?? NOTHING WORKS??

The Viper/Thermal combo was great.. you might think we were killing wholesale, but that took SKILL and expertise.. Restore the viper and the thermals.. 3 SHOTS TO KILL AN INFILTRATOR MAKES THE VIPER USELESS!!!

With Amerish virtually impassable to armor and Esamir walled up to a light assault battle, we are only left with Indar for a decent armor battle.. why is this?? Isn't infantry pushed enough?

If you are so determined to make this an infantry only game, then just get rid of the armor and give me all my certs back. One thing is sure, and I encourage everyone to do this, is NEVER PAY HARD CASH again, given the nerf proclivities of those who have no clue. Who ever is in charge of balance needs to get out of analytics and get into player experience!
  16. CNR4806

IKR, they're so overpowered! Let's nerf vehicles more so that you can solo 20 tanks with a heavy!
  17. kaolla

wait until the next one XD, when they will boost flash by adding more suspenssion. make a HE shotgun main gun for vanguard.
  18. Wizz

O
    or make them unappealing enough to not pull as many.