Clegg is now gone, WTF!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BoBlackson34, Apr 16, 2014.

1. BoBlackson34

So good old Smed has moved Clegg to H1Z1, this game is going downhill quickly.
    • Up x 3
  2. FrankHH

3. JudgeDeath

I hope SOE will prove the playerbase wrong in this.

PS2 didnt catch on like they would have hoped. That is a shame in terms of lost potential for the Company and players alike.
    Might be that SOE is aiming for the new games with fresh fields of F2P money awaiting to be used on cosmetics and guns etc.

I hope they learn from PS2 in the future games thou. Too expensive items, gamebreaker bugs, **** leader and community tools to name a few.

All in all PS2 aint dead yet, but it might be in bleed out mode :cool:
    • Up x 1
  4. Kunavi

I'm leaning towards what JudgeDeath said, though I don't know if I'll trust SOE again with handling such a concept. Wishing H1Z1 had come out first so they could have learned from that, then rolled a far better, solid PS2.
  5. BoBlackson34

^ This, I love this game and I really want it to succeed. BUT......SOE has proven time and time again all they care about is money and not its players. From what I am hearing another buggy patch was just released and nerf central all over again. I hope I am wrong but I do not see this game lasting.
  6. Bvenged

Clegg was moved from weapons to level design for Amerish Revamp. That finished, so he did some work on Hossin before he went over to H1Z1.

Developers shift around all the time.
    • Up x 6
  7. z1967

Guys, there are more level designers than clegg, he is the most social out of the bunch however. Aside from that, reddit already had a miles long thread about this and what I pulled from it is that:
    a) clegg probably volunteered to be on the new project
    b) they have enough level designers that him leaving will likely not impact development in that field
    c) we don't have anyone to clegg up the landings anymore, which I have mixed feelings about since he had really improved the level design in PS2

Don't pull a redditside on me and presume that the sky is falling and the game will fail tomorrow. Likely, the only thing you are going to notice is less PS2 tweets from him and more zombie related ones.
    • Up x 2
  8. Aractain

I can't imagine being put on a project as bland and generic as H1Z1..... ugh.... horrible.
    • Up x 1
  9. Tommyp2006

From the last thread this was posted in, this was posted by RadarX

• Up x 2
  10. pnkdth

Ah, paranoid arm chair developer thread at its best.

I also heard the designer who made one of the rocks on Indar isn't sitting trying to optimize it, and only it, obviously this means this game is dying because he's doing something else! Everybody panic!
    • Up x 2
  11. ajma

From the OP one would think Clegg was some director of something and a fundamental part of the PS2 team, but he's just a level designer.
  12. ViXeN

Notice the keyword in Radar's post... SHOULD. He didn't say it wouldn't have any effect, he said it should have no effect. I don't find that particularly encouraging as a PS2 player.

Which is kind of a critical job for.... you know.... game design. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  13. Paragon Exile

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  14. Akeita

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    • Up x 4
  15. Lucidius134

Just throwing it out there but,

How many times have you been fed up with PS2 or tire dof t and stopped playing it for a week or more?

Now imagine where you're in a situation where you are forced to play it even though you're burnt out on it. And then you're pull in on your free time to volunteer for a podcast about said game. And then people mock you whenever your main non-dev characters arn't leveled up and expect you to play the game on your free time as well.
    • Up x 1
  16. UberBonisseur

Plot twist:

There's no upcoming content !
    • Up x 3
  17. doombro

It all makes sense now! :eek:
  18. ViXeN

Imagine when someone makes a lot of assumptions about a dev being burnt out because its more comforting than believing that the company may be scaling back on development. :eek:
  19. libbmaster

Chill.

I thought clegg was cool. I liked his bases. I'm sad to see him go. Yes, SoE is probably shuffling around resources to get H1Z1 rolling.

But the world will keep turning.
    • Up x 3
  20. Longasc

As much as love PS2, it would require bold changes to make it attractive to the masses. Like not kicking newbies in the groin till they bleed out of the nose and a lot of other tihngs.

I doubt that H1Z1 is going to do this better. They are trying to ride the already long dead "Zombie game" train and sorry to say, I absolutely loathe zombie themed survival stuff. So no matter how awesome the game might be, the scenario is fail for me. :(