why? just why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by soultrax, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Bankrotas

And those people would leave again due to servers not being able to handle them :/
  2. iller

The development has been very busy. ...and actually been TOO FAST if you look this thread
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/producers-letter-weekly-updates.182315/unread
    .... it sounds like what you're trying to complain about, is that they haven't been adding big Over-Arching content like tons of new sections of Map/Tilesets/Bases (that most people would then just IGNORE b/c it's not on Indar). ...Ot tons of new weird features & weapons with unique mechanics (that again, most people would just ignore b/c they couldn't be used to farm ESFs / vehicles / spawnpoints).
  3. 3asyD

Just seen on twitter that Clegg has now been moved to the h1z1 team, is he the one that does the base design?
  4. Kunavi

But.. The only fun is achieving KD! Not necessarily going MLG(What else does that include?) levels, but definitely improving your Stats. I'm not being sarcastic, what, do you really think it's FUN to play the Objectives? To capture stuff? Try doing it when there is no KILLING to be done! Speaks volumes don't it... So what do you mean? Because to me, the Kool Aid here is pretending this is a fully fledged, fleshed out, deep, fun MMOFPS of a large scale where our collective actions have actual impact. And having "FUN" in this illusion while others FARM you. Caps for emphasis, not yelling.
  5. PhantomOfKrankor

The issue is still an issue and at the time it was overblown by mega-outfit leaders who didn't like people avoiding their 2+x platoon zergs and were nostalgic for PS1 mechanics. The game mechanics to make it even less of an issue were in game at the time and a better solution than overhauling the three existing continents and delaying the planned (and already in development) new continents and other content by ~literally~ years.

They should have made influence time modifiers even tougher favoring the owner, required people to stay on cap points or it flips neutral, and make the x/y people on cap points for cap times system tougher. Then if a zerg couldn't spare a squad to kill 2 guys capping a minor hex that had an 18 minute cap timer because of those systems, your leader is a bad. Instead, because of the *nostalgia* cries that those systems weren't a part of PS1, they were removed weeks or months before lattice even came into the game, making the problems worse.
  6. ViXeN

Unfortunately, we just lost our best designer to another SOE game so its looking like the company plans to scale down development for PS2. I'm pretty patient with waiting for them to release content as long as I know its definitely coming. Now I'm not so sure anymore.
    • Up x 1
  7. GoEErs

Can I have your stuff if you do?:D
  8. GoEErs

I shouldn't have wrote the above. Very poor choice of words on my part. I understand your frustrations. Having fun is a core requirement for any game I play no exceptions. I'm sure you would echo that thought as well. If no fun is to be had is it truly worth your time to continue to grind it out? As gamers we all know when it's time to jump ship. There isn't some kind of written rule we follow. It all comes down to the enjoyment we get from playing a particular game. Grinding it out in the hope that fun will follow is a huge gamble that this gamer is not willing to take. Right now for me it's fun but when it stops being fun I will leave with no regrets at all.
  9. Captain Kid

funny thing is there new zombie game will be developed in the same manner. They will start with just one town and then plan on adding lots and lots more. Key word is planning, probably not going to happen though. Smedley even uses this game as an example for crying out loud.
  10. PhantomOfKrankor

Well, to be fair... in PS2 you could argue that they've created nearly eight continents. Who knows what they could have accomplished if they followed the original roadmap.
  11. Paisty

Hossin is already a year late............it's not possible it can be on-time.
  12. outspokenson

RIP English
  13. Planetdoge

I understand your frustration, but this seems like a personal problem if you ask me.
  14. AzureKnight

Fans of Duke Nukem Forever just called, they want their money back :p
    • Up x 1
  15. JudgeDeath

I do fear that PS2 might be in bleed mode now.

SOE cutbacks on staff combined with inhouse transfers to new f2p games with same engine, tell a grim story.

Problem with the f2p games is that your income will drop after the start no matter what as you have saturated your playerbase with the "normal" stuff they would buy. New title will bring more cashflow before it allso becomes saturated and starts to dwindle down.

This leads to a situation where pumping cash into a game that didnt become "big" is fairly bad business when you could direct that investment into a new cashcow that might break the grand barrier and make it big.
  16. Crashsplash

It's because software development always takes longer after release.

SOE's strategy seems to be to release their games in a partly built state and then progressively improve/enhance. There are consequences to this.
  17. Aircool

I don't know.... I just don't know.

PS2 is still my go to FPS since it was released. Nothing else touches it for scope and lasting appeal.
  18. Deschain

If you think Hossin is going to save this game,i tip my hat to you. Planetside 2 is a free to play game it needs to earn money to continue, but even the members only xp weekends as failed to generate more subbies, the two steps forward one step back approach to updates and game changers.(nerfs/buffs) have sullied the taste buds of many life long fans of Planetside as a game.
    The " UPGRADE NOW" screen splash's tells the story perfectly of Planetside 2's death rattle.

"quoting JudgeDeath"
    I do fear that PS2 might be in bleed mode now.

SOE cutbacks on staff combined with in house transfers to new f2p games with same engine, tell a grim story.
    (Perfectly tells the story of a failed ftp). Zero expectations means zero disappointments.
  19. AzureKnight