Fix the damage the Shredder does to MAX units

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Facta, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Facta

Title is pretty self-explanatory. It's silly that a shredder rips apart a MAX in the span of a second when the MAX unit is such a slow and lumbering target. You're only chance to live is having your charge ability ready by the time it comes for you, and even then, if you don't know it's coming and the lib gets the jump on you, you're dead anyway.

AA is already difficult enough, don't make it so it's effectively impossible to fight air.
    • Up x 2
  2. Kociboss

What's wrong with that?

Quad-gatling 30 mm cannon shouldn't shred MAX to pieces then? Why not?

AA isn't difficult imo. Spawn warriors bursters ftw. Or counter enemy ESFs with lame lock on ESFs.
    • Up x 11
  3. minhalexus

Max has AA guns........ Use those.
    • Up x 1
  4. TheFamilyGhost

Threads begging for the game to be easier are sad.

Why don't people figure out how to overcome challenges instead of asking for the challenges to be removed?
    • Up x 4
  5. Facta

Everything is wrong with that. And not every AA position takes place in a spawn room.

Liberators are just too powerful for what they do. A tank buster/shredder lib can handle literally everything in the game, the tail gun is just there as a bonus. If AA MAX units take so long to kill air, then why is air allowed to kill AA, and everything else, so effortlessly?
  6. Facta

Like how everyone should have overcome Strikers? Or what about pre-nerf Magriders? ZOE? Just overcome them, brah.

Bursters wont help the fact that a Shredder's TTK against a MAX is insanely low.
    • Up x 3
  7. Kociboss

MAX = 1 dude.

Lib = 3 dudes.

They aren't too powerful. In fact, lib is useless in bigger engagements and very solid in medium-small skirmishes.
  8. Riddlley

Geez OP, its not like they can use cover or anything right? The shredder is fine. It is really hard to use, and rewards you for that. It takes a good lib team to make use of it due to its restricted firing arc. Besides the fact that its a quad barrelled 30mm chaingun.
    • Up x 3
  9. Facta

Libs are usually 2/3. The tail gun is usually used by the belly gunner when he needs it. The only time I ever see libs 3/3 is when they're running the Zephyr/Bulldog combo.

Libs are very strong in every fight now, especially now that everyone pulls them en masse.
    • Up x 1
  10. DQCraze

Lib is designed to be effective in a large battle so a single max isn't going to be really effective against a lib.

More happens in this game then your max vs a shredder lib believe it or not.

What you're saying holds about as much merit as an infiltrator complaining about how op maxes are vs infilitrators.
    • Up x 2
  11. Maljas23

Shredder lives up to its name just fine imo.
    • Up x 4
  12. minhalexus

Forgetting the fact that you can always take cover, and there is always shelter.
    I can not really relate to what you're saying since I only got taken down by a shredder lib once, only because I was not paying attention to my Health.

It takes quite a lot of skill to kill a max in a lib in a 48+ fight, and the maxes can always stay in their spawn rooms.
    Maxes are usually pulled in huge fights so keep it 48+ would be more accurate.

Every one can be effective with a max since it has like no skill to use it effectively.
    Although it takes skill and co-ordination to kill a max while using a shredder.
  13. Facta

It's not about a single MAX vs a lib crew, it's about a MAX, y'know, a supposed durable unit, be insta-gibbed by that which it is supposed to deter if set up for AA. That isn't right.
  14. CrashB111

>implying there is anything remotely challenging about Liberators
    • Up x 3
  15. umbrellapower

Liberators are pure cancer and the Shredder has been OP for quite a while. I'm with you, Facta-kun, have an upboat.
    • Up x 2
  16. HadesR

Welllllll now that you mention it ....

:p
  17. Maljas23

Bad lib pilots/gunners are still fodder for just about everything, even after the buff.
    • Up x 2
  18. Facta

Epic, simply epic. Have some gold.
  19. Facta

You can say that about literally anything in the game. That argument doesn't mean a single thing.
  20. Stormsinger

I can count the number of times my max has been taken out by a shredder on one hand. I would MUCH rather have a shredder trained on my max then a dalton or a zephyr, the alpha damage is much lower. If you are out in the open for long enough for a shredder to eat specifically you, perhaps you deserved it? For you to render to the lib gunner, they have to be within 300 meters (Give or take, rendering issues can happen in their favor, but it's unreliable... frequently, it's the other way around. ) Maxes are the ONE resource-costing thing in the game that can swap weapons at any terminal, grab bursters and return fire. If you go down any, grab a rage skyguard, or hop into any of eighteen berjillion base AA turrets per hex.