Anyone kind of LIKE the mission system?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterCheef, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Chubzdoomer

No, because it's completely and utterly worthless and does nothing but get in the way of the current CP progress.
    • Up x 1
  2. EmmettLBrown

I was kinda hoping for something like what MAG had. Squad leads would mark a point on the map and any fighting in that area would get players extra XP. Even snipers far out providing cover fire on that point would get the bonus.
  3. reydelchicken

I would honestly love to see other small goals such as random small, fun tasks to keep yourself entertained when fights aren't good, or when you feel like doing something different.

Such as:
    • Kill 3 liberators in your ESF.
    • Kill 10 maxes.
    • Notifications about weapons you're about to auraxium.
    • Suggestions to buy new weapons.
    • Suggestions to use a vehicle.
    • And even some fun things like:
      • Do a backflip in your flash.
      • Ram an ESF with your galaxy.
      • "ALL ABOARD THE PARTYYY BUSSSS" aka. Spawn a sunderer.
    • And maybe things that are helpful to your team such as:
      • Transport 20 players to battle in your galaxy.
      • "" 40 "" in your sunderer
      • Deploy a sunderer at X base.
      • Revive 50 players.
      • Fully repair a base turret.
    Make those missions skippable, and give small cert/xp rewards when completed, depending on the complexity of the task of course.
    Currently the missions system feels like "go feed the enemy zerg at X base" or "go spawncamp X base".
  4. Ripster

While this is a necro, I don't care. The mission system sucks bad enough to forgive all sins. It needs to be a toggle at least. Get it off my screen so I can see the damn capture points where I am w/out opening the ******* map.
  5. Alarox

Well, let's see.

Positives for me: none.
    Downsides for me: clutters the screen a little bit more with useless information, and it prevents me from seeing the capture times of bases because I'm apparently brain dead and have no idea where I am.
  6. Lucidius134

You do decide where your missions go.

All you have to do is go there. Pretty sure all squad members get the same mission as their respective leaders?
  7. Ripster

As their platoon. Which means if you split your toon at all the second team is screwed. It should have been auto-on but with a toggle off. Get this crap off my screen.
  8. blag

No.

Its only purpose is to be distracting and annoying. We could already set personal waypoints, so this was a complete waste of time SoE spent.
  9. KnightCole

I find the mission system pointless. Plus it blocks out the hud for the base cap progress. I quite rely on those ABC posts flashing to tell whats happening. I also use it to judge time to cap....the mission hud thing blocks it all out....
  10. andy_m

I never take any notice of it and it times it is pretty inconvenient not being able to turn it off.
  11. TheBloodEagle

Only thing that bugs me is the sound. It can get a bit annoying since it calls itself to attention often.
  12. p10k56

Mission system sometimes turn of HUD timer of currently captured bases:confused:
    Not nice when I am in max suit waiting for last 2-3 sec before rushing through spawn shield and gaining easy kills on redeployers:p
  13. Debe2233

The mission system needs to guide but not force a player in a direction. Currently it feels like force… because if you are not doing what it tells you to do then it feels like it is telling you off by hiding the current capture/point information.

I do understand what the developers are trying to do but this does need to be changed. That’s not to say that the mission system isn't a good idea but it’s current iteration is worse than not having it at all from the perspective of a long time player. It doesn't help me find a fight, it doesn't guide me… it just hides information that I feel I need, which leads to frustration.
  14. AzureKnight

The reason i don't like it is that it always seems to give me missions in the opposite direction I'm going... Heading to Ceres Hydro... "Go take Zurvan" Heading to Indar Comms array, "Attack Indar Excav!" attacking Regent rock with a mission marker on it... "Screw the attack, defend Scarred Mesa from 1 enemy who is just barely in the hex!"
  15. vsae

I havent really played for quite a bit, but what I can see from numerous screenshots posted everywhere on the internetz, mission system seems to be a crutch made for limited people, next thing would be implementation of personal "Seeing eye dog".
  16. lothbrook

Its a stupid system meant for stupid people, i just completely ignore it, wish i could turn it off so i could see base timers, even though our whole squad including the leader will be at a base it often points us to another base across the map so we can't see cap timers, lol.
  17. GlueHead

No. The end.
  18. Pootisman

In its current implementation its very annoying because it covers up the cap point status and cap timer when you are not at the base where your team leader is. I dont join squads anymore because of this.

(I like teamplay, but i dont always follow the leader because there are often better or more important places to fight the enemy.)