Some Weird Language In New Update's Code

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nulgath, Mar 2, 2014.

1. iller

I don't know why they needed another one though..... the New Conglomorate already technically fill that roll
    • Up x 3
  2. Scr1nRusher

Humanity....... Brace yourselves.
    • Up x 1
  3. Shadowomega

The devs talked about the Vanu (the species) possibly coming back at the SOE live event back in 2012; as well as back in 2003 for PS1 this was discussed. Guess 2015 is their earliest estimate, then again it could refer to EQ Next or H1Z1 release date.
  4. SinerAthin

By that logic, almost every sci fi would've instead been classified as fantasy today :p
    • Up x 1
  5. TheBloodEagle

MY BODY IS READY
  6. Exonis

ZOMBIES ON HOSSIN D:
  7. WTSherman

Can we get some kind of source/confirmation on whether this is genuine or not? It certainly could have some interesting implications if it is, especially considering part of its directory tree is "Factions_AI".
    • Up x 2
  8. Furrydaus

Very interesting but right now, still some random speculation. :p
  9. AzureKnight

Well.. I only remember bits and pieces of the lore from posts made here (don't know all the lore behind PS1 and can't find the link) but a possibility is that what will happen is the Vanu will return, perhaps thanks to VS being techno/xenophiles. They'll find an intact body or two and throw in the nanites which were perhaps originally developed by the Vanu. They have programming that would detect true vanu genetic coding and upon doing so would restart an ancient cloning factory cloning the Vanu in a secret base with their true armaments.

This will lead to a massive army that will force the three factions to stick together or die because of it.

Now, this game does not take place after the first Planetside as if it did, the continents would be in space as the Bending split them apart. They are still separated by water so they must be connected still on the same planet meaning this game is PS1 rather than a sequel as its name implies.

If this were the case, what will happen is that the Vanu will possibly rise and will wipe the floor with us and all our factions. Just imagine:

Soldiers fighting as usual when all of a sudden a coms comes in on every faction command channel. "Alert! A new enemy presence has made itself known! It's attacking everything! We're outnumbered! NEED REINFORCEMENTS!" Soldiers converge from across all factions to this point. Upon seeing the factions of each other, they begin fighting again until they make their appearance.

A few soldiers drop in the rear flanks where no other faction but their own is at. Death screens are filled with an unusual killer. Slowly it becomes apparent they should halt their fight, but it's all too late. The Vanu role in their vehicles, their fights lay waste to the few faction planes that still fly, their bombers decimate the mid lines as their tanks take on the front. Those in the rear begin to move to other bases to defend, but it's too late as they've all been given to the Vanu via their own Nanite Systems. Warpgates being the last safe havens start to amass soldiers trying to flee to other continents, but they're lock in by the Vanu.

At all gates, the factions see the Vanu converge on them. Feeling safe, they fire from their shields taking out a few lines of the Vanu. Unfortunate for them, the Vanu know these systems and the shield collapses. Those caught in the explosions of the Warpgate shield gens were the lucky ones. The rest are all dazed from the massive explosions.. The Vanu seizing this opportunity take pride in the now slaughter of their cattle as any soldier caught will be shown a most gruesome death while the Vanu take pleasure in eviscerating their caught victims.

Similar happens on every continent. In desperate attempts, the factions do band together and manage to hold their ground. As the fighting goes on, the factions gain hope as they begin pushing the Vanu back. They begin to feel like they will win against this new enemy until it happens:

Goodbye Auraxis as they knew it.

And i will say, if that is done with this engine... I can't explain how much of an everything-gasm that would be. To be on the planet as it's tearing apart while a monotone electronic voice communicates with all players while the Vanu horde crawls over the hills. NC, TR, and VS all flee in terror as meteors rain from the heavens while their oppressors show their power.

Please, SOE, make this happen... as dark as possible please! i want to be crapping myself from the shear awesomeness of an event that makes my jaw drop so hard I need a car jack to close it.
    • Up x 2
  10. Nagant

SOLVED: H1Z1
    • Up x 1
  11. Scr1nRusher

NC,VS,TR fighting together against The Vanu( or whatever killed the Vanu)

Imagine All 3 factions Armies Fighting together
  12. Linheru

13. lothbrook

No, its Science fiction, and if you don't know the difference its simple, making a tank levitate using technology = science fiction, making a tank levitate by speaking gibberish and waving your hand around = Fantasy.
  14. Shadowomega

Bah weep granaweep nini bong!
    [IMG]

@Azureknight the PS1 lore has no meaning here in PS2 as its a complete reboot of the franchise. As for the bending the planet wasn't shattered across the galaxy, but became temporally fragmented, as each continent was encased in a temporal bubble. This was how we could enter the HART building on sanctuary and land on any continent even though they look like they were Systems apart. However, back in PS1 we did theorize that the Ancient Vanu was studying us and getting us ready for a bigger fight against those that killed off the Vanu Civilization.
  15. Wobberjockey

16. WTSherman

Well then. Much disappoint.
  17. Hoki

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Speech

If not dragon language, maybe the language of sauron?
  18. Nulgath

O_O