Is This the Most Unstable Current Gen game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AzureKnight, Apr 13, 2014.

1. NoctD

Its not an Nvidia issue - only the black screen map issue is Nvidia driver related.

Everything else is just due to PS2, it was fine for a while after OMFG, even before OMFG, but then, we got hitching leading to crashes, continent switching crashes, etc. Even SOE has already told us that the 32-bit client can run out of memory.

This is most definitely the most unstable and buggy game I've played.
  2. John_Aitc

The past few revs of nVidia drivers cause a major 'hiccup' in the game and occasional crashes. I tried to load the newest drivers again this weekend and the issue has not been fixed yet.
  3. Paragon Exile

I never have any problems outside of 4-5 second "black outs", most of which happen when not in game. I also never CTD and run at 35 FPS in the largest battles, 70 at rest.

I AM THE 1%.
  4. Konstantinn

My game also runs pretty well. I do get disconnected and game closes out from time to time. It's hardly ever in mid combat, usually when trying to switch from one continent to another, sometimes when re-deploying. I'd say once every 2 hours on average. That's acceptable in my book. This varies with patches, some more stable than others until there's a fix. So overall IMHO it's not enough to bother me.

If yours is more often, I'd try disabling features. Try running High instead of Ultra textures, disable shadows. Try one thing at a time, see which one makes it better. When I load game I usually turn off everything in background, like Steam for example. Sorry for all those who are running it through Steam and can't close it, you really didn't have to do it that way seemingly how it is a free game and can be downloaded directly from SOE.
  5. 99ytrewq911

The game is poorly optimized enough that it is "CPU limited" on FPS while it uses only 50% CPU. That gives way too much room for backround programs. Steam wouldnt really be a problem.

Tested on AMD FX 8350 octocore 4.4 ghz. My game is usually CPU limited and uses no more than 50% CPU
  6. Roonsk

I posted in another thread, and ill post in this thread.

I currently CAN NOT play this game. The stuttering and input lag is so bad its literally unplayable.

My specs are :

i5-4670k @ 4.2
    Asus Sabertooth Z87
    EVGA GTX 780 SC
    8gb RAM
    Corsair 650w PSU
    Win8

I also do not and never have run this game on ultra graphics. I run it on a combination of high/low settings. I have flora and shadows off with effects and lighting turned to low. I do not run v-sync or adaptive v-sync and I do not have 'reduce input lag' checked. I have run Mark C mouse fix and It has totally removed accel from my windows.

Im not sure what patch it was that killed my game (I believe it was the liberator patch) but I haven't been able to play for over a month. I can tell you right now it has absolutely nothing to do with my machine. I can run any game I own on ultra/high settings and it runs them as smooth as butter.

I did everything I could have on my end to try and fix the problem. I took the OC out of my CPU. I uninstalled and reinstalled my OS. I did a fresh install of my drivers. I even had my internet provider come out to my house and check my lines to make sure it had nothing to do with my connection, and still nothing. Why this game works for some people and not others I haven't a clue, but I can tell you this, it IS NOT on my end.

I would contact CS on this but I've seen some of there reply's to situations like these and I can almost guarantee they would be more of a hindrance than help. As for right now its game over for me. Hopefully they'll release an update that fixes the issues that Im having. If i hadn't put a decent chunk of money into this game I probably wouldn't care, but I have and I do.

So GG SOE. Thanks for the memory's...I guess :/

ffs SOE, fix your goddamn game already...jeez.
  7. Krayus_Korianis

Any driver that is over 332 for nVidia, causes my game to have driver crashes (EVERYWHERE, not just the map screen). So, yes it could be the drivers. I recommend the 332 drivers as they are the most stable I have yet to come across.

Anything higher and I get a massive FPS drop as well. It's quite insane.
  8. Ronin Oni

Guessing you haven't played BF4?

I rarely crash in PS2 anymore either actually. Frames are pretty stable... hit detection is a LOT better than Battlefields...

Considering the # of players for twitch based FPS I'd say they did a bang up job with PS2 actually.
    • Up x 2
  9. JudgeDeath

No .. this is not.

All in all this game has very decent engine. The problems it has can all be fixed. I hope the engine upgrades via other SOE games will translate straight into PS2 allso.
  10. Astriania

It crashes more than any other game I play, but nothing else I play is addictive enough to spend 5 hours in a session on ...
  11. nArc

PS2 is extremely stable for me compared to other titles bought in the past and I applaud the SOE devs for communicating and providing patches. Do I crash? Yup. But I only crash like twice a month. The game has been like this since beta for me, however, there are some of my outfit members that crash once every 2 hours or whatever. But they are the minority. I know I'm a bit more picky of how my PC is configured.

I skimmed through most of the threads, but did you mention if you were able to check and see if cpu or gpu is overheating? What's the rest of your PC specs?
  12. Liquidrider

Battlefield 4 destroys this game when it comes to being unstable. Most of the issues a lot of use face as of late is post-patches. I think this is because a lot of the updates have been rushed. Based on their recent announcement I think they realized this.

Also this game is the first of its kind in terms of scale (at least as far as I can tell). There are other games similar (WWII Online rings a bell).
  13. NinjaKirby

For players like Roonsk to get worse performance then me on their Gaming Rig - which is vastly superior to my own - I would probably have to go back on what I said before: the ForgeLight engine must be a derpy half-flop.

I was trying to "blame" the wrong people, and I apologise.

I think the Dev's need to start accepting DXDiag's for them to rebuild these same Game rigs in their test lab. They should be able to replicate it straight away if their gear is the same Manufacturer, Model, Firmware blah blah blah~

Should have done it as part of O:MFG or something.
  14. NC_agent00kevin

Ive been getting hard freezes, CTDs and driver failures more now than ever.
  15. Goretzu

It's by far the most "crashy" MMO I've ever played, on balance (although irritatingly there are time when it suddenly becomes very stable).
    For example ESO crashes maybe 1/10 as much (or less) as PS2 does now, dispite just being Live for a week or so (and giving my PC and GPU much more of a workout than PS2 generally does).
  16. AzureKnight

My comp specs are as follows:

Phenom II X4 955 @3.2
    Gigabyte 880GA
    8 GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 550 TI w/ driver 311.06
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 ST3000DM001
    (not sure what PSU I have atm but I remember it's more than enough)
    Win 7

I know my PC is dated, but as I've said previously, I can run current gen games perfectly fine. It's only this one that crashes with the frequency it does. It could very well be Win 7 having issues with it but I'd hope it wouldn't be as I figured this game was developed with Win 7 tech. And as i also stated, it only started in decemeber which was 3 months after I changed out my HDD. I suppose my computer could be "forgetting" what it reads from my HDD which could cause some flubs. I do remember reading some reviews when I got my HDD that the one I got was hit an miss with most people. Still works fine but could be showing signs of some of the 1 star review concerns which namely said the thing died after about 1.5-2 years, though I've only had mine for about 6 months now.

I'm pretty sure my crashing is on the game side since, as I've said, this is the only current gen game I got that crashes as much as it does. The only other game that I have that crashes with such frequency is Fallout New Vegas (which is more of previous gen), but everyone knows that game is buggy to all hell :p
    • Up x 1
  17. KnightCole

Pretty much all newer games are unstable and crash like a mofo....Or they are overly laggy or w/e...

PS2 for me crashes when I get ot warping around to different conts. Its about 1 CTD in every 4 cont warps.
  18. z1967

Yeah, I took a look at those reviews for the HDD, 0_0

I would suspect the HDD if it had to be anything hardware related, many of the reviews had said theirs had died out within 2 weeks to 1 year. I guess those IT guys were not kidding when they said anything above a TB was unstable...

If you still have your old HDD, transfer your files on to that one and see if you still get the errors with the game and what not. I am bending toward it being a game issue but that HDD is making me really suspicious of the issue coming from there.
  19. Konstantinn

Funny story, I just checked my driver. AMD driver 9.2 from september 2012. Current version is 13... I play a lot of games...though mostly PS2, not a single problem. Coh2 annoys me with "your driver is out of date" then runs just fine, never crashed. The only reason I decided to update driver is to get rid of the annoying click "ok" when launching Coh2. Will see how planetside2 behaves after that. BTW running PS2 on ultra textures with maxed render distance, shadows/vegetation disabled.
  20. SuperMedicated

Formatted my brother's notebook due to viruses giving BSODs (he didn't install an anti virus) tried PS2 with a fresh install of windows, nothing but itself installed and got crashes frequently, installed all drivers and the same crashes still happen, installed all basic stuff such as the anti virus, codec pack, and all sorts of things you put on a new PC, and he still gets crashes everywhere