[Suggestion] Weapon Attachments Information

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eyeklops, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Eyeklops

Planetside 2 has been out over a year and a half, how is it OK that we still don't know exactly how attachments such as HVA, & suppressors effect the weapons and their projectiles? When a stat modifying attachment is selected it should display EVERY change that will happen. Go around and ask vets if HVA cancels out the projectile velocity loss of the suppressor. Few players, if anybody really know.

I suggest the weapon preview should show the before<->after side by side for previewing attachments. It would also be nice if the weapon select showed the original stats in white with the "stats as equipped" in red to the right (so players can see at a glance what is really going on compared to a vanilla weapon). Information like this would be 10X more useful to new players than a "what direction did I get killed from" post death mini-map.

TLDR: Show changes to weapon & projectile stats due to attachments in a preview mode and on the weapon select.
    • Up x 4
  2. z1967

Yes please. I want to see whether or not my newly buffed Trac-5 Burst will handle well suppressed and HVA'ed. Can't wait to start my tech plant point room support camping. Will be loads of fun :D
  3. Kite Carling

4. eldarfalcongravtank

as a dev, it's better to leave players in the dark than explain them everything. because when everyone knows how each attachment affects a gun, players will have an incentive to use a specific gun/attachment(s) combo only. and that could cause balance problems
  5. Eyeklops

Wut? Balance problems should be handled by...balancing the weapons/attachments, not by "keeping the players in the dark." Did you just make this up?
    • Up x 1
  6. Masten-TR

Also, when an attachment lowers bullet velocity, such as a suppressor, is the the damage also reduced? You would think that it must be doing less damage due to decreased velocity, but there is no text suggesting that.
    • Up x 1
  7. Captain Kid

good suggestion. right now it's a complete gamble if supressor and soft ammo is a good idea.
    I tested the suppressor in VR to see how much the bullets dropped on my NS carbine before purchase and the laser aim for spread. But I cant be bothered to do that for every attachment and weapon.
    • Up x 1