Commissioner-Knife combo is on the verge of extinction...

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Owen W., Apr 13, 2014.

1. David Lancaster

No new weapon EVER will cost less than 1000 certs or $7.
    It's their business model. Release unfinished crap for a quick buck, forget it and move on to the next crap stuff.
    • Up x 3
  2. MasonSTL

but wait, if you aim for the head is the TTK still the same as the current knife? If so I think that is more Pay4Handicap than Pay2Win.
  3. M4L4CH1TE

Here's where SOE are hypocrites.

They piss and moan that new players find the game too difficult and drop out. BUT they want to reduce the killing power of the only weapon standard across all factions and classes. So new players already slow to gain certs and unsure if they want to play this game are forced to pony up cash or play with an even more pathetic weapon in the only shooter that ever required more than one knife swing to kill.
    They'll go elsewhere, Sony. Wise up.
  4. AzureKnight

I thought there was rumors, that stemmed from some truth, that the new equip-able knives were going to have ES traits... Or have specialties associated with ES knives. Like the chainblade actually being a chainsaw and dealing a crap load more damage when revved.

Headshot with a commi and knife is still going to work just fine...

Side note: Can we please stop getting "woe-is-patch" threads whenever something new is released or changed? I'm still waiting to see how terrible those stalkers are for ruining the game, or the map ruining sniper positions...
    • Up x 1
  5. phreec

No. But that's besides my point.
  6. Maljas23

*Edit*

Context makes it clear, nevermind.
  7. GhostAvatar

The double swing when equipped is as fast as that. The second swipe is basically on the backhand, so you swipe left and then right back to your starting position with the knife.
  8. Krayus_Korianis

I barely if ever use my knife, even with my commissioner... I aim for the head and one or two shots kills people.
  9. Eyeklops

Agreed.

I dunno, same knife, but I can see an IRL difference between having your primary "on the ready" and doing a quick slash vs. the primary being "stowed" and using the free hand to manipulate/secure the target. One would think the latter would be more effective.
  10. Eyeklops

huehuehue, I do this all the time, but for realz, it's super cheezy, with cheezy cheese sauce on top.
  11. Eyeklops

This has to be one of the biggest gaming knife mistakes in history, next to that lunging knife in COD. I really don't care about equip-able or not, but the knife needs a delay after firing a weapon.
  12. Zorlox

the new knife(well the wieldable one) will be what I use, I miss the old bf2 days where you'd pull out your knife and do the little dance and the other guy would switch to knife and you'd have a good knife fight. I spent way too much time in knife vs knife fights and quick knives have ruined that little side fun i've always enjoyed. it's something I asked about back in beta and had completely given up hope for until now.

As for which they make default, I don't care either way.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ultramarine

You've missed something importanthe new knife will likely not work for the combo because it probably has a switch out time. If they're nerfing "quick knife" it means this is an equip-able knife that you would need to change weapons to use.
  14. Zorlox

yeah, and you have to hold the quick knife keybind to switch to knife. not sure how long you have to hold it, i'm going to assuming 2-3 seconds. since you'll be able to quick knife or wield it. at least last i checked that's how it was supposed to work, i assumed they were doing it for all knives.

now they just need to give maxes some boxing gloves to equip when they hold the melee button.
    • Up x 1
  15. SavageBacon

I guess I'm still a fan of CS to look forward to whipping out the knife.... But it doesn't sound like a backstab will be more dmg. Also, I wonder if you'll get an XP bonus for killing the target with the equipped knife.
    • Up x 2
  16. Hiding in VR

Eww :(
  17. Latrodectus

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  18. Ivalician

This sounds delicious! Can I include it in my next cookbook titled "How to Eat Everything on Auraxis: Cheese & Nanites Make Everything Better."

But to be serious, why exactly is Commissioner + quick knife instagib combo going away a bad thing?
  19. Iridar51

But this is not how that's done in the game. There is a weapon stat called "equip time" which depends on weight class of the weapon (LMG > AR > carbine > SMG ... etc.) and increased by forward grip and underbarrel attachments.
    To do a quick knife swing in the game, you de-equip your weapon, do a knife swing, and then equip your weapon back. The time required to bring out your weapon after a swing is equal to weapon equip time.
    So technically there is no difference in doing a quick swing, or switching to knife, doing the same swing, and then switching back to your primary, because it all would take the same amount of time.
  20. Van Dax

"technically" you'll have at least the update time of the weapon switch state, "practically" adding an extra key press would slow it significantly.