Why NOT use Heavy assault

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Codex561, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Codex561

Ok so for the last 2 week in every fight everybody is HA. It pisses me off since I got strong opinions on balance.
    So I stopped, took a deep breath and thought:
    They get guns with large magazines and 143 damage and NC get 200 damage one. They get rockets that one shot kill at all ranges, get rid of air and armor. They got an IWIN button.

Ok now for the long, long list of downsides:
    A bit less accurate while hip firing.
    A bit slower movement.
    • Up x 3
  2. Tommyp2006

An assault that is lead by all heavies is doomed to fail, support classes are vital to any attack.
    • Up x 22
  3. Paragon Exile

They're the basic infantry class.

The game would be unplayable without them.
    • Up x 13
  4. DashRendar

Slower movement (only when the win button is activated).

I hadn't noticed how much heavies suck until I started doing Aurax runs for other classes. The amount of times I've opened fire on a heavy only to have them turn around and kill me instantly has become note worthy, and I'm an above average infantry player generally speaking.
    • Up x 1
  5. KnightCole

WHy not to be HA?

You need medics to revive, you need Engi to give ammo. You can use Infils to be more sneaky and confuse and be annoying. You can use MAX to crash into a base and cause a bit of havoc.

OP< your post is prolly the idea behind why the MAttherson NC are 80% HA, 10% infil, 5% medic and 5% engi...

everyone is why not? We are HA, we haz shield..we auto win...

THey then go and findout....oh dear god...im not an invulnerable god, this shield isnt an Iwin button.
    • Up x 7
  6. Jalek

They can't cloak, they can't fly, they can't lay mines and run away, they're just there and in a position to be attacked by any of those means. It's the noob class of choice, though it's usually more fun to play one of the others.
    • Up x 3
  7. TheBloodEagle

Patronizing whine; had a good laugh, thanks OP.
    • Up x 2
  8. Codex561

They dont need to cloak, to fly, to lay mines, to run away. They can just kill everybody.
    • Up x 2
  9. Exonis

Don't forget the cant hit without ADS, ADS movement penalty, Shield movement penalty, limited time shield can remain active/limited hits shield can take, shield activate latency delay,
    glow like a light bulb and bonus movement penalty for shielding while ADSing.
    Oh, and not to mention he's a HEAVY ASSAULT (Combat Class, Not support)

Seriously, when a heavy does his thing right he walks slower than standing still.
    Not to mention a heavy will never ADAD In his life. And then the medic's Assault Rifles are downright superior to the LMGs.
    • Up x 3
  10. iller

I only go HA for Phoenix trolling :D ....and everytime I find myself going on a killstreak with HA versus other infantry, I change classes immediately b/c I believe it literally makes you a worse player to get in that habit for too long (same thing with ScatMax)
    • Up x 2
  11. Paperlamp

It's the strongest class for general purpose infantry play and the best class anywhere you don't have a lot of room to move about which is every cap point pretty much. I have more fun as infiltrator or LA flanking people though.

But they're already due for a nerf, the HA shield will have a delay before it becomes active so players have to use it preemptively, can't just pop it and win against an enemy who started firing first to still have a health advantage.

I am very eager to see how it changes things.
    • Up x 3
  12. XXBLACKATTACKXX

Heavy assult has the most firepower and best defense, they are the front line warriors that decimate stuff.
    Medics revive the fallen and can effectively make an entire squad invincible with revives and res grenades.
    Engineers can set down turrets and have infinite ammo along with AI mines
    Infiltrators can hack terminals and spawn surrenders behind enemy lines.
    LA Get flanking positions

Heavy is good, but offers no support to its team.
    I team of heaveys will only go so far but a team with medics heaveys engineers and a couple infiltrators./ LA will be much more effective.
  13. Faithe007

I have to agree with this! lets not focus on the fact HA can have rocket launchers of many times, but the fact that they carry rifles and shot guns like the other classes. i cannot tell you how many times ive come around a corner today to run into a HA and start shooting first, they activate their shield and i die, element of surprise or not. using the shield while holding the rocket launcher, thats cool, but while you have the rifle? thats a lil OP in my head. -.- a delay? yes! that would stop players from having the element of surprise dying immediately because they go straight for the shield and it activates immediately. x.x
  14. NoctD

Its just more fun to fly around as a light assault. Then you can throw C4 on unsuspecting people and vehicles too! ;)
    • Up x 1
  15. Badname707

Because medic is far superior in any team setting.
    • Up x 3
  16. Thardus

Just because you only need one medic for every six or so heavies doesn't mean there's a problem.
  17. AzureKnight

I just love my MCG... it's why HA is my most played class on my TR...
    • Up x 1
  18. Llaf

Why play HA when you can play Medic and revive all the people who picked HA? Highest SPM in the game, plus everyone loves you, whats not to love?
    • Up x 3
  19. Badname707

^You don't know the power of the medic mang. It's funny, whenever my outfit (mostly BR 70+) is told 'alright everybody, just pick your favorite class', just about everyone pulls medic. And it's funnier, because when we drop on that point, we know we're gonna be there a while.
    • Up x 2
  20. KnightCole

thats the whole damn point behind Heavy...Assault...he Assaults things in a very Heavy Manner...

Think of them kinda like the Warrior in everquest.......hes got no spells, hes got no self healing, or buffs or nukes or anything.

hes got 2 things, his blade and good defenses, mildly better then other classes. Hes kinda easy and boring to play, but in the big picture, while he takes more damage, hes really quite easy to overcome. Hes not going to pull any surprises out of his hat....hes going to do one thing to you...shoot you in the FACE! And it will be with a tube or a sheeny gun.

The HA is the same thing. Hes got no support tools, hes got his gun, his tube and his shield.....

Are HA OP? Not really. Do HA do their job? Yeah, duh...just as the Medic does his job better, I suppose I can whine how a Medic can heal while I cannot...or how an Engi can give himself unlimited ammo and UBGL but I only have my 5 rockets and im out.....OP Engi ammo kit! Nerf engi ammo! Its OP, so OP, it keeps army going on ammo forever!!!!
    • Up x 8