Every fight right now is "try to shoot down the Libs" = boring

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Peter Daniel, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Peter Daniel

Last 3 hours of gameplay was all about the Libs. It's kind of boring always looking up trying to shoot libs down.

No fun at all.
    • Up x 7
  2. Fangry

Liberator and C4 = No fun at all
  3. Peter Daniel

The thing is, you are always looking up trying to shoot the Libs non stop you can't roam free anymore on the ground.

Seriously, I just press quit and exit the game, not because I was being killed, but it's only skyguard, Scythe or anti air... and takes forever to kill a Lib... really, it's very boring.
    • Up x 4
  4. PlatoonLeaderG

Libs need to get a role,either make it good against air or good against ground.

Most logical is to make it good against ground.......as ESF covered that area,make it so it will not be able to do barrel rolls.

I used libs a lot,for any1 saying oh its fine they are not.I still havent certed Dalton but with what i certed i still think its so OP.I mostly use it solo and can get killstreaks against esf on air which is sad.(it shouldnt be able to win against ESF like that)
    • Up x 1
  5. Raka Maru

I always have to yell out:
    /re LIBS DIE FIRST
    /re TR, if you like your tanks LIBS are priority
    /re LIBS die first, then go duck hunting later
    • Up x 3
  6. z1967

I would really like it if they couldn't roll past a certain degree without heavily certing a slot. Rolling too far would cause the Lib to drop like a rock and likely explode if not recovered. Aerobatic based frames would make it slightly more useful in A2A combat, whilst Racer/Precision bomber will make more sense for pew pewing at the ground. They really are too agile :|
    • Up x 1
  7. Cinnamon

We need more libs and snipers in this game they add so much to the emergent gameplay and immersion.
  8. AnnPerkins

Not sure why they nerfed dumbfire damage to libs. The terrible spawn design doesn't really let you use lock-ons and if you waste the resources to pull a MAX they'll just move somewhere else then you're **** out of luck.

Really, if they want to keep them in their current form they need to put at least 1 AA turret if not 2 at every base since one lib can still pretty easily solo one but at least it would distract it from farming the spawn for a minute or two.
  9. OldMaster80

The thing is if b you don't have at least 2 skyguards probiding cover fire then 1 single Liberator can brake the game for ground troops.
    • Up x 1
  10. Get2dachoppa

Just logged out. One Liberator kept us pinned in our spawn room. Was at least 3 of us running AA MAXes. Didn't matter, one salvo would still melt us. Infantry fared even worse. Couldn't even deal with the control point until the Liberator flew off. And of course it was always back about 25 seconds later to rain down even more death. I think I'm either redeploying or logging out whenever a Liberator shows up until they're nerfed (hopefully its a Harasser worthy nerf).
  11. Metalsheep

I dont know why they made libs a Gunship in this game.

In PS1 they were a true bomber, they dropped about 10 bombs at a very narrow degree below the lib. The bombs could be set to normal or cluster for AI. But the bombs fell slow, and could be seen on the minimap.

If you wanted to hit something, you had to fly low and directly over the target. But the Lib had a safety on it and couldnt drop bombs below a certain altitude and the lib also had to be relatively level to drop its bombs.

I wish they had just suck with those mechanics, leavinf the ESF Missile pods for more pinpoint ground attack, and the Lib for more wide, sweeping bombing runs.
    • Up x 3
  12. Fangry

in PS1, lock-ons can target a lib at ceiling, if above the target, so libs camping were never a problem
    In fact libs were rarely a threat compared to the galaxy gunship
    Merge PS2 lib and PS2 galaxy and you have PS1 gunship (about)
  13. Kriegson

Libs would be fine if they were less agile. Gunship/bomber and attack aircraft all in one is fine if it suffers for all this versatility and power. A good lib pilot can easily pull out of an area as soon as he is in danger, and easily at least keep one ESF at bay if they don't have lockons.
  14. Metalsheep

This is not true. PS1 only had 3 Ground-Based Lockon weapons. The Striker, The NC Sparrow AA MAX (And its BFR cousin) and the VS Starfire AA MAX (And BFR cousin). None of these AA Platforms could lock-on out to flight clieling on most continents. (The Sparrow once fired, could easily track that far, however.) The only AA platforms that could hit flight cieling were TR Burster MAXs, AA Phalanx Turrets and Skyguard Buggies. All of which were Flak.

Flight Cieling libs were never a big deal because the bombs took ages to hit the ground from that high, and were easily seen on the minimap before impact.

The only way to effectively kill a flight cieling Lib was a Mossy, Reaver or Wasp. Libs were fodder to Aircav, since they were nowhere near as agile as they are in PS2, nor could they aim or fire their bombs inverted or banked. You also couldnt just seat-switch in midair and have the bombardier instantly become the tailgunner. You went 3/3 or be helpless to Aircav.
  15. ViXeN

Libs have always been the cert-farming and kdr-padding tool of choice for most players on PS2 since it was released and they have never really addressed the problems with it. I'm hoping that one day they will give us a weapon with the damage and range that can actually take out a Lib regardless of how high it is...
  16. Epic High Five

Best way to handle Libs is massed default rocket launcher spam. Liberators will laugh at lock on because it takes 8-9 to bring one down, only takes 3 defaults though, and they're fast and give no warning.

Personally, between the new G2A lock on tracking and the general invulnerability of non-ESF air, I've been using a Phoenix for all my AA needs