VS's extreme under pop on the Matherson server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Heavypoint, Apr 12, 2014.

1. EliteEskimo

Well Mattherson TR made some major efforts to coordinate between our biggest outfits since things have been looking pretty bleak up until recently. BWC/903rd/VG have been making major headway to coordinate with eachother and I must say it's been a lot of fun. It's really cool for instance when we have joint OPs with the 903rd and having 2 massive groups combined in one team speak.

The question is do Mattherson NC as a whole listen to your most credible outfits? Would they ever come to the aid of VCO or TENC if a call was placed? I know there are other outfits, but has SG, CML, SG, BAX, TAS, or BL ever shown interest in trying to lead Mattherson NC as a whole? I mean obviously you'll have annoying people in command chat to ignore but Mattherson TR has to deal with that too at times lol.
    • Up x 2
  2. Imij

I'm not sure why there's a new QQ post about someone being on the underpop'd faction every other day. You guys should try to find enjoyment in being outnumbered and the challenge it can bring to have to be playing your best to win.

If you can't do that then just learn when to cut your losses at a base and redeploy somewhere else. Eventually the other two factions will attack each other and you can do some backstabbing of your own. You can't always win in Planetside 2.
    • Up x 1
  3. KnightCole

Yeah, NC Mattherson cant win a thing lol..especially not an Alert.

Next id love to see the stats for won and lost bases during prime time....when its not just ghostcapping.
  4. Devrailis

NC would require a series of nerfs if that were to ever happen. Gotta keep things fair after all.

One can dream.
    • Up x 1
  5. Jalek

I thought it was accepted to be the QQ server, at least in North America.
    Many times the VS overpop chased everyone else away, but before that there was ragequitting when TE dropped a dozen or more gals on any point they wanted. NC needs to start chasing people away for something.
  6. TriumphantJelly

Lol, I play on Miller and although there was no alert, we took back the biolab at 00:02. I laughed so hard that I had to stop myself accidentally killing teammates, my finger as just twitching lik hell.

It was funnier than I made it sound :(
  7. sindz

Look at miller:

Alerts last 7 days:

TR: 22

NC: 6

VS: 9

Talk to me about underpop again.
  8. VSDerp

My main is VS on mattherson and im happy we are underpopped ( even though i honestly don't think we are) but we need this. We used to be great on the server. But now we got too lazy since we had numbers for soo long. we didn't have to work hard to defend or attack a base 90% of the time.i hope we get more underpopped so we can use our heads and overcome hard challenges NC/TR bring to us.
    • Up x 5
  9. PlatoonLeaderG

Dam man a VS who actually enjoys a challenge!We (TR) we were underpop for months,i m not saying it was a happy challenge at first but as soon we got used to the low pop,we actually got better.We learnt each other,we used more tactics and we also got better on 1vs1 I think NC/VS now see us now as actual threat unlike before that saw us as farm sheeps and ganked on us.

You sir you are awesome and hopefully sometime in the future Mattherson VS change that elitist attitude and start respecting other fanctions like you do.
    • Up x 4
  10. Deschain

I think it's more a case of TR/VS musical chairs, if you play on matherson you can see the pops flux depending on who owns what and who benefits best from alerts. Oh and TR never fight VS on Matherson, that's a myth..
  11. MasterCheef

wow! So according to these stats, ties are practically NC victories......I didn't think they were that bad
  12. VSDerp

hey man it used to be a proud thing to be part of VS mattherson. and thank you man! and i hope so too
    • Up x 3
  13. Dibola

Welcome to how the TR have felt for ages.
  14. Paragon Exile

We may sometimes be at a numbers disadvantage, but that just adds... spice.

It's always fun winning the alerts while having the lowest population while also taking on the combined NC/TR simultaneously. :D

Perhaps if this trend of slightly lower populations continues, we'll be on (more) equal footing with the Terran Republic and New Conglomerate. That would be ideal; blowing away the opposition is never fun for anyone involved.
  15. Devrailis

To be fair, they're not exactly shy.

This general trend is going to kill this game, whether it is from decisions made by the outfits, or decisions made by the devs to cater to those players who desire this.
    • Up x 1
  16. Angry Scientist

Part of the NC's issue is leadership. There are outfits, such as VCO especially, which I'm a part of, that basically operate entirely as damage control. A platoon in an alert under them is hopping from base to base. A memorable example was an Esamir control alert that had VCO bouncing from base to base in the last five minutes, wresting control of the point from superior odds and then jumping at the next place that had caught fire. However, they are one of few that takes leadership in a respectful way. Stew360 is actually a lot more lucid when he speaks then on the forums (a Matterson secret) and can ask for help sometimes. However, Wisdomcube's issue is his ragey nature and frequently uses orders to insult people who didn't listen to his 'superior' tactics. I like to call him Whinedomcube.

Other leaders sort of lounge around most of the time, unresponsive. Couple it with Planetside's incredibly unrewarding leading mechanics and we're starving for leaders that can take the reins and lead well.

Another aspect of alert victories is simply territory. What shape your empire is in before the alert largely dictates how you can do. With low territory, people simply swap at the beginning to another empire or simply don't show up, which carries through the alert. This creates a cycle of self defeat. The NC isn't the only victim of this, but it seems that the VS really, really love to ghostcap Esamir or Amerish at times. Any facilities you have are much easier to hold then territories so having 5 biolabs at the start means as long as you respond harshly enough to snap the zerg (which is possible, making it need to reform) and save your labs. Roughly same thing about the others.

And of course, sometimes you simply get squeezed. The alert in question mentioned in this thread had the NC on a sure lead, causing populations to flux as fourth factioners switched or people logged off in defeat. The TR an VS mounted attacks on the NC by coincidence and we couldn't hold and made the mistake of trying to, rather then making a proper life or limb choice. It happens, really.

Basically it all just boils down to numbers in one way or another, which is an issue that plagues each server differently. It also doesn't make NC UP, though if you wanna buff us because our stuff performs the worst in most areas, you're sure welcome to.
  17. Vladivar

This 'Extreme VS underpop' equates to alerts where VS have continent pop of 45-50%, just like the last alert on Esamir before this post (VS 47% continent pop)

It feels like most outfits outside of VCO have given up on alerts lately, our PL's are regularly informing us that command channel is empty and we just have to make the best of it.

You know you're in for a tough alert when you see that your faction has 63% & 52% pops on non-alert continents
  18. Snicklefritzll

I left Matherson VS for Waterson because being overpopped was horribly boring to play. Maybe my main can come back now :)
    • Up x 2
  19. SniverTenu

VS underpopulated on the Mattherson server? PFFFFFTT HAAAHAAHAHAAAHAA no. That is literally a joke. I mean after 2:30PM EST when the VS players get home from school they zerg every single alert then get bored and switch to their NC and TR alts to mess with us until the next alert happens. Also don't even get me started on the VS taunting in yell chat.... it's literally absurd.

Out of the NC players we have, there's something like 30-40% being slack-jawed morons that mess around and recently (due to the last patch) been shooting (and killing due to the warp gate invulnerability being disabled) people at the warp gate. I made a TR alt on the same server and played with them for a bit and there's another problem with the NC, and that's lack of communication. The NC needs more players that aren't like these morons running about right now, and that aren't giving horrible orders.
  20. Hasteras

There was an alert several weeks ago where SG, TAS, VCO, KBZA, and several other outfits all coordinated a simultaneous drop on Andvari to in the final ten minutes to win a biolab alert. That level of coordination was a direct result of the NCFU.

The issue isn't with the NCFU, it's just that a lot of leadership across the NC seems to be on hiatus the last couple weeks. With time some will come back, and new leaders will step up to fill the void. I think NC will be fine again within a month. We had a brief moment of dominance there with high pops and we were winning a lot of alerts, now the tides have switched again but it's nothing we haven't dealt with before. We'll ride this out and come back stronger than ever.