VS's extreme under pop on the Matherson server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Heavypoint, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Heavypoint

The VS Population has taken a massive plummet since nearly 1 month ago and it has made the game almost unplayable with all the griefers,TKers and overall lack of Population
  2. Llaf

How bad is it? Constant underpop all day by a significant margin? Or do you get even pop during "primetime"?
  3. Aeflic

You do understand they were over popped before right? This is the balance of life my friend.
    • Up x 5
  4. ColonelChingles

I have no idea what you're complaining about. You can see Matherson's server statistics here.

If anything the TR are the underpopulated ones. They only have server dominance about once a week. The rest of the time they are far below NC and VS.

The NC and VS are fairly even in terms of population. The VS tend to dominate on Thursdays and the NC on Fridays. The rest of the time they're normally within a few percentage points.

For the history of the server, the VS dominated Matherson from until August 2013. That's when the TR took over until the end of October 2013. That's when the VS took it back until January 2014. From that time to March 2014 the NC have remained the larger population, and today things are relatively equal with the NC still having a slight margin.

So if the VS have taken a population plummet, it's only from their starting position of being the most populous faction on Matherson. Nowadays maybe some VS players find that they no longer have the ridiculous population advantage and find life a bit more difficult. ;)
    • Up x 12
  5. Robes

Overpop for months "lolz get good tr/nc"

Underpop for a week "wtf fix this soe"
    • Up x 25
  6. Negator

http://ps2alerts.com/

last week of alerts:

44 alerts

TR: 15
    NC: 2
    VS: 15
    Draws: 12

Seems like we're holding our own. The alerts we do lose, appear to be due to collaboration anyways. My suggestion is, join an outfit.
    • Up x 2
  7. EliteEskimo

" OP complains about being a little underpopulated for a small amount of time despite being overpop on the server for several months while also being the most coordinated/skilled VS in the entire game" :rolleyes:
    • Up x 5
  8. minhalexus

VS is actually the best faction on mattherson.

I'm pretty sure that they have the most BR 100 players.
    They have some kick-*** outfits like DA and AC too.

All VS outfits are good except for AT and DaPP.
  9. Rift23

Matherson VS is underpopped?
    • Up x 5
  10. Phyr

Maybe DA got tired of steamrolling fights, and left.
  11. GaBeRock

This is legit? Holy crap, I knew mattherson NC was the least competent of the three factions on the server, but this is hilarious.
  12. Pat22

We did just win the last biolab alert with lowest pop.

Didn't NC come in third with the highest pop? It was a last minute save, I didn't get to see.
  13. Devrailis

You always manage to say the right things in such a sexy way.
    • Up x 3
  14. Nocturnal7x

I got rock hard.
    • Up x 4
  15. ColonelChingles

Yea, the NC have pretty much melted at this point. The old NC command dissolved, and there's a new one that's supposed to take its place, but I have yet to really hear about it.

Historically the VS have won 45% of the alerts on Matherson, the NC about 18%, and the TR about 13% (at least in the last 563 alerts). So normally the NC can at least beat the TR, but the past week or two has seen the absolute absence of any NC command.

You know, apart from a few infamous individuals (;)) who enjoy messing around in NC command channels there isn't anyone left running the NC at this point.
  16. EliteEskimo

Does Stew 360 try and take a very active part in commanding the NC? Also I thought VCO was a good outfit which does a good job at leading pubs and leading public squads well. Why would Mattherson NC suddenly lose heart now?
  17. JudgeDeath

You could be worse ... you could be on Cobalt where VS is bouncing between 24-29% pop.

Cobalt used to be nicely even pop but then "balance" hit and NC got +40%
    • Up x 1
  18. xboxerdude

Eskimo , nobody on NC follows Stew360's or Wisdomcube even though they try to lead. Mattherson NC would rather have no leader than those ***** lol
    • Up x 2
  19. Negator

TENC for NC generalship!
    • Up x 2
  20. ColonelChingles

Yea... we have colorful individuals who issue terrible orders in command, split our forces, and then blow up friendly Sunderers when their orders are not followed. Not naming names or anything.

VCO is pretty awesome, but even then they're just one outfit that can't really take on the entirety of the VS by themselves. I think there was an alert a day or two ago where I was running with a VCO platoon, and it essentially boiled down to, "Ok guys, no one is responding on command. No help is coming. So we're going to lose this alert. Just try to slow them down and get certs." It was sad. You could tell how much the PL hated having to say that and probably that they really really hated the disorganized nature of Matherson NC.

The last TAS operation we had couldn't even draw on a full platoon, only 2 squads. Which is a big drop from even just a month ago (and obviously much more from when TAS was the biggest NC outfit on any server). I mean there was a time when TAS had organized air and armor squads, and could field a platoon of infantry at the same time. Things started going downhill when they abolished our specializations, became more casual, and focused more on infantry.

Yea... so not a good time to be NC. Hopefully just temporary though, and we'll be back to getting on top of the TR and in turn pounded by the VS, just like the good ol' (post Enclave) days! :rolleyes:
    • Up x 3