What happened to this game's performance?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ronjahn, Apr 12, 2014.

1. ronjahn

I've been playing for over a year now. I had some things come up in my life that caused me not to play from January - March.

Prior to OMFG I would get 40-60 FPS at all times. When omfg was released I was at around 55 consistently with smoothing on.

I came back and can barely get over 25 FPS and frequently fall below 10 in large fights.

What happened to my FPS during that break? Is there any word on future performance updates?
    • Up x 1
  2. TriumphantJelly

Oh, SOE will think of some random update. The reason you FPS drops is because of more content, although some of it is currently debatable.
  3. Scientiarum

A lot of people seem to have a problem (myself included) where updating graphics settings for particle effects and/or flora do not change the .ini file. Unless you have always been playing on ultra settings, the liberator patch may have boosted one or the other to ultra settings which lowered your performance. You can go into the .ini file and manually edit these settings for now to remedy this.