Increased latency since x64 rollback?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Grayson, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Grayson

My latency from 87ms is getting higher and higher( 126-300ms )
    Anybody else noticed this, having the same problem? Mostly Indar is laggy (wher msot of the pop are)
    ,but my latency is increased a bit at other conts too.
    [Pinged some stuff in cmd, and had no problems in other games, so i think the problem isnt here.]
    • Up x 1
  2. Krayus_Korianis

It is becoming quite a problem for myself and MANY others on the Connery server. Server can't keep up with the demand that the developers state that it should or could do.
  3. Frostbitten

Cobalt was horrible this evening, classic situation of Maxes taking forever to revive / repair bug etc. And yes, latency was in 200-400 range.

While Ceres had nothing like that.
  4. Grayson

Well im on Miller, i rarely have that high altency maybe 1-2 lag spikes, but its still bouncing between 112-220+
  5. WildCatNL

Miller suffers from the same problem, latency inconsistency and in big battles, things can get so extreme that suddenly people get disconnected. Not sure if it the complete zone or cell in it, but I do know my outfit as a whole got disconnected and it wasn't just me alone.

I've only seen this happen on Indar, whats usually the highest populated continent and after several disconnects or a troublesome high and inconsistent latency we (outfit) often move to an other continent that's less populated and doesn't seem to have any of the issues.
  6. Astoral

WTF is going on!! Latency down to 16 seconds! yes seconds! Had to close the program from desktop.
    This is becoming increasingly frequent now with a lot of jerkiness and screen freezes, but today, this is the worse I've ever seen it.
  7. Noppa

There is something fishy going on anyway with the game, i keep getting killed instantly from every guy in this game in my screen and i am sure that it aint happening like that on their screen.

MY latency aint that bad 80-150ms on Woodman, so ether the other guys are lagging or servers has some major issues..
  8. Simferion

I can play a bit better on Ceres, but anyway it's just a bit better.
    The ping is 90-120ms ingame, when making a pingtest to an Amsterdam Server the result is 41ms. I'm starting to think this is an artificial increase.

I'm experiencing continuos latency and my hit registration when playing in Woodman and Miller is messed up.
    This morning in Woodman the situation was ridiculous: I spawned 3 reavers; only 1 was regularly destroyed, because I lost one of them because the game froze and another for a ram from a scythe which wasn't near me (either he warped or it was latency).
    Then I'm being instakilled, while unloading entire magazines on the enemies. Sometimes I don't see any shots either mine or enemies' .
    And the hitching and so on...

And I want to add this:
    Fix those damned timers; just ended an alert in Ceres, we were taking a small base (4m cap time); we started to cap when the alert timer was at 4m10s remaining or so (i.e. we could have ended the cap 10s before the end of the alert) and we capped the facility 1s after the alert ended because the duration of a "second" is relative.
  9. daddy86

cobalt is horrible every day now, indar is unplayable with the lag, amerish aint to bad but still 160 ping, this also is something that has been going on for a while now and offcourse yet again no info on fixing it or whatever.

I just wish there was some transparancy from SOE on the REAL problems with the game like lag, crashes, nvidea driver crash, timers, etc etc...
    • Up x 2
  10. Gleerok

Ongoing issue. Check out: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/connery-laggy-server-located-in-mars.181662/

I'm playing from Brazil and I usually have a high ping in Connery, which is, in good connection times, around 240ms no more than 250ms no matter the size of the battle. It allows me to play the game more or less smoothly, for real! But since the past month up until now the "stable" ping has been around 360-380ms which is almost inside the "yellow" in-game connection indicator with spikes in the range of 400s and 500s and not rarely up to 5000ms-7000ms (this is ridiculous) rendering the game completely unplayable and making the response time last several seconds, or everyone flying around the map.

Even when the ping is apparently "stable" you sometimes see aircraft and people ""hiccuping"" in big battles.

What is going on?