NVIDIA 337 driver safe?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by HotPepperDelivery, Apr 11, 2014.

1. HotPepperDelivery

Does NVIDIA 337 driver still create black screen issue?
  2. Zazen

Confirmed...NOT SAFE!

The new drivers have all the problem of the previous iterations beyond 332.21. I tried the newest one, black screened and crashed non-stop, rolled back to 332.21 and am smooth as glass again.
  3. HotPepperDelivery

Awww man, I want to play planetside 2 with the latest driver instead of sticking this *** 332 driver.
  4. Irathi

I'm using 335,23 - it occasionally goes black, but only for 2-3 seconds and never crash.
  5. Irathi

famous last words -- game crashed after 50 min of play.
    • Up x 1
  6. daddy86

yeah im getting a little bit tired of this stuff, i cannot upgrade to later driver which everyone says are awesome and now with the .21 driver i can no longer use shadowplay.
    Its getting really frustrating! and offcourse no update from eighter SOe or nvidea on the matter.
  7. WaaWaa

Yea I lost my hours of shadowplay footage after a hard lock after the screen went totally black. :/
  8. supernet2

GeForce 335.23 Driver works fine for me, 0 issues, shadow play only glitches up if HD space becomes a issue. All i put my recordings out to is to a external 2.5" 2TB hd. works wonders with shadow play. Although remuxing sucks...

Shadow play seems to have a cutoff point of at 20 minutes it stops, and on my end every 14-15min it breaks off a 15minute 60fps maximum bitrate recording at 3.9gb per file chunk, so its basically tons of 3.9gb video files broken up into slots. Thankfully just combining them isn't hard at all, its the extra steps that annoys me though.
  9. HotPepperDelivery

Damn, you a lucky bastard to have that driver running strong, but for me only 332 stables. If I install other drivers such as 334 or 335, I will get black screen for no matter what.
    • Up x 1
  10. supernet2

It works fine on a GTX 680M, perhaps try that one out? Its been suggested to be used from GTX 600-800M Series laptops. http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/73784

Continuous streaming is nice and it integrates nicely with twitch, and youtube, but what sucks is how it breaks up the video files into chunks, makes me debate on if i should just continue using elgado. Elgado runs with 0 issue, and i just use a HDMI pass through to capture everything, and 1 component audio cable, and a line in cable. So i can bypass a issue with the elgados audio capture and enable up to 3-4 audio channels (With out needing to remux it all).

Edit: Forgot to mention when the game does crash out though its related to me running shadowplay and capturing video, maybe crashed 2-3 times so far, but thats just random, no errors seem to be reported, nothing. Game just craps itself. But at least the game nolonger dies at the end of alerts anymore

Edit: Another note, setup your graphics card to be the default for everything and i do mean everything. I set the GTx 680M card to be the default for all video input on my computer, the only time it doesn't use it is probably... never. Unless i manually disable it when say im running on battery mode, and i decide to enable my laptop to last 2 hours instead of 1hour 15min on high power mode w/the GTX 680M cranked up and cpus all active.
  11. DrSNAFU

334.89 on a 560 Ti superclock.

Updated my drivers to that and started getting momentary black-outs which equated to the drivers crashing and restoring. Only happened once every couple hours so it was a minor annoyance. Until 2 nights ago when I had my map open, it blacked out several times in a row before my computer BSOD'd. I don't think I'll be playing again until this is resolved or I get impatient and roll back drivers.
    • Up x 1
  12. Suddle D

I get driver crashes about every 45min to 1hour using 337.50, GTX 670, Windows 7 x64.
  13. Smagjus

Exactly the same for me inlcuding GPU and OS.
  14. user101

I think you guys should login into the Nvidia site and start writing about the problems. Yes, they know but when people complain things get done.... so complain.... complain ... complain to Nvidia... !!
    • Up x 1
  15. Gleerok

Hey, I have a shadowplay question if you don't mind:

On the website, it says 700M series GPUs are supported, are those GTX 700M or GT 700 M series? I don't know how intensive shadowplay is, but I've heard they are optimizing it so more and more GPUs+CPUs can use it. Do you think my core i5 3337-u and GT 730 M have any chances in the future?
  16. Ancalagon

Why should we complain to Nvidia?

I play numerous games besides Planetside 2.

Every single game is running perfectly smooth with the newest Nvidia driver, except Planetside 2.

EVERY single game, EXCEPT Planetside 2.

So how is this an Nvidia problem? This is most definitely a Planetside 2 issue.

SOE needs to unplug their heads from their brown donut and realize that it's THEIR game, and ONLY their game which is having an issue with the newest Nvidia drivers.

Telling their customers to roll back to old drivers just because SOE's game doesn't function with the newest updates is outright idiotic.

I am unable to play Planetside 2 due to this issue. And let me be honest, as much as I really enjoy this game, I have no problems shoveling this game aside until they resolve the issues their game has, which NO OTHER game seems to have, with the Nvidia drivers.

Forcing their customers to play every other game with outdated drivers just because they fail to work out their own game is incredibly arrogant, especially for a large gaming company.

So have fun playing all your other games with outdated drivers in order to be able to log in and play more than 10 minutes of Planetside 2. I'm not going to let myself be pushed around like cattle just because SOE are either too lazy, too arrogant or simply lack the competence to identify and resolve the issue properly.

Have fun out there.
  17. user101

In some cases I agree with you.

But since Nvidia also says they have a problem I don't full blame PS2. Yes - PS2 is behind times and should have been at DX11 by now... And Nvidia should have fixed PS2 problems also... not 3 to 5 drivers later... that is just lax on both parts. Both are gaming companies ... they need more focus on what is coming. PhysX should have been live by now.... TOO many zombie games... and spreading the work load out at PS2. If SOE does not jump on DX11 in the next 6 months you can kiss SOE good by... Xbox will wipe SOE from the gaming world. It will be a slow death but it will happen.

Customers expect not just good graphics - but exceptional graphics now. Good no longer cuts it in the gaming world.

Games are only as good as the special graphics are...!
  18. HotPepperDelivery

So does anybody know when this issue will get resolve?
  19. supernet2

I say give it a go. The 700M and 700MX series are really not to different other than one uses less power, and is slightly weaker than its desktop variant. I'd say give it a go, worst case scenario, you break a driver, so you need to roll back drivers. I already did this a few times myself testing tons of different drivers, but i strongly suggest you keep a backup or download a copy of your original factory default GPU drivers (usually its found in the recovery section of your pc hidden within). If you have external video output options like DVI, VGA, and HDMI, use them when you break your GPU driver software, its how i got mine functional again during the trial and error process.

All in all, i think it wont do much if at all any damage period. If you look at the source code you'll find little to no real differences. (GT, and GTX are real no difference other than graphical and gpu processing power really).

Quoted from someone who diagnoses and tests different GT< GTX, and GS series graphics cards

Inshort give it a go shouldn't hurt, as i listed the worst case scenarios it should be a easy roll back as well from any potential damage. It wont do more than software damage, and thats easily reverseable, hardware damage is different though that cant be fixed (and this isn't the case as its software related).

You'll also notice Shadow play is supported in this newer build, at first my GTX 680M doesn't support the shadow play natively, but with the new way they utilize processing shadowplay actually uses both GPU and CPU for processing video data (usually it just handles all of the processing GPU side though, planetside is a special case where it constantly switches between the two). I'd say go for it though.

Report your findings tho as it will help others down the line with diagnostics in relationship to this driver. OH and when using shadowplay, USE a external hard drive, or a 2ndary hard drive bay with a SSD. The read and write speeds are so crazy (50mbps+), so i wouldn't be using or putting out the video data to the same hard drive your playing from unless its SSD.
  20. supernet2

Whoops forgot to answer your question. The M series cards just means mobile, its most likely a GTX if its a M series card. if your unsure install Nvidia GeForce Experience, the program actually tells you exactly what your GPU name type/name is.