ReachCast Community Question #75 - "New Amerish, Amazing or Crap?"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Deringer, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Crashsplash

Since I'd restarted playing in the last month I've been 99.9% infantry and mostly on Amerish.

Prior to my break I didn't like amerish at all, I think because of the difficulty in getting around. Travel has been improved slightly, which is good but most importantly the bases are now mostly fantastic for infantry fighting.

I've also played a little on Esamir, that was good too.

I've played very little on Indar but when I did it was terrible. Indar needs to be upgraded to the Amerish standard. It suffers from the same probably that was identified in beta, spawn camping by tanks which has been mostly eradicated on Amerish.

When we get continent locking I pity the empire that gets Indar as a home cont.

Issues with Amerish:
    • Nanite Subterranean Analysis is simply too defensible.
    • Crux Headquarters is a little too open, it plays well with small pops not with big.
    • Crux mining operation gives slightly too much to attackers and I mean slightly, move the spawns nearer by a few yards (literally)
    • Amp Stations (all of them) are a dog's breakfast - so much so I'm confused over how they're supposed to work
    But there are some brilliant bases too.
    For the future I really really want the new continents but I also want Indar to be upgraded to Amerish standard and I think Indar hasn't had the OMFG done on it yet.
    • Up x 1
  2. Kociboss

I really like the new Amerish.
  3. FFWoodycooks

new NC arsenal had my vote for best base in the game until new quartz ridge came out. ive really been enjoying the direction theyre going in with base design, i think most of amerish is a huge improvement.
    • Up x 2
  4. Huxer

The bases are cool,I like subterranian nanites and the cave at the ascent etc. The biggest problem I have with Amerish is how far apart the bases are. Idon't want ot drive a half hour to get to the next spot.
  5. Ballistix

The Lattice messes the whole continent up and directs the zerg far more heavily now - before lattice was introduced the terrain done a good enough job of directing the flow of things while not limiting the tactics - now there just isn't any real tactics, just follow/get steamrolled by the zerg. . . . .

But the bases are very imaginative and credit where credit is due, although a few bases could do with a revamp (subterranean nanite has been mentioned) and I don't get why teleporter rooms are, for the most cases, only feet/metres away and not in a more tactical position
  6. Razeroth

I love the new Amerish but why the two extremes? People can be in the middle!
  7. z1967

I like the base design, I wish the lattice was redrawn and there would be maybe a few less AA turrets (or a higher flight ceiling). And maybe a few more obvious shortcuts :|
  8. -MJ12-

I think the new Amerish is amazing.
    Best base design and beautiful nature. It is annoying that everyone plays on Indar anyway.