Vehicular balance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dethonlegs, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Dethonlegs

There have been some great discussions on vehicular balance of late, however one thing that has me wondering. At what point does use of (what I can only assume is) an unintended game mechanic that effects vehicular movement become legitimate?

I won't list them all here, but you know the ones I mean. Some 'tricks' are faction specific, others not. I often hear "such and such" vehicle is the worst, but if you use this 'trick' it isn't.

As we all know, agility can make or break combat. If SOE has balanced around a particular movement type, yet that restriction is easily circumvented, have things become unbalanced? Even worse, if SOE knows about a 'trick', and yet they refuse to remove it, has it become officially sanctioned?

Some guidance would be appreciated.
  2. dBMachine

Well.... You wont list what mechanics you're talking about so I'll assume they're just that. Mechanics. They're perfectly fine.

The only time I consider anything exploiting is when it is obvious borderline hacking.

If the game lets you do it than it's fair game.
    • Up x 2
  3. Dethonlegs

I could list them all, and then discuss each in detail, but I don't see the point. If they are left in the game by choice, and you know they are being actively used (exploited) then where is line?
  4. Ibuprofen

Hows about you just list one or two (no need to go in to detail), because it seems like you are afraid that what you see as an exploit is just considered acceptable use by many people, and you are afraid of having your view challenged.
  5. smokemaker

If the game lets you do it. Do it.
  6. z1967

Unless it is obviously not intended (like sticking a bellygun through biolab shields or bombarding into spawn rooms when shields don't render).