TR revamp is looking more like TR SC grab

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OgreMarkX, Apr 7, 2014.

1. BluescalesNZ

The shield just needs to mitigate a percentage of damage from incoming hits, rather than absorbing ridiculous amounts of it while slowing the tank down. basically the same as the Heavy Assault Resist Shield. If it worked that way it means that the Vanguard could tank more damage, but not sit there and laugh while three or four enemy MBTs and shoot at it with no effect. The slowdown would also hopefully mean people need to think more about when they activate it, thus hopefully making it more of a strategic option and far less of a panic button - you have to weigh up the benefit of that extra suitability against the loss of maneuverability, and if you roll into a bad situation, like going around a rock and it turns out there's more enemy armor there than you thought, you can't just shrug, flip the shield and back out, in other words, you have to think carefully about when you activate it, and have good battlefield awareness to ensure you get the most out of it when you do.

I -think- the way the shield was intended to work was that an MBT could activate it while drawing fire from hostiles to allow infantry and other armor to move up, you know, that whole 'teamwork' and 'combined arms' thing we hear so much about. The issue is that the shield is just all around awesome with no real downside to its use, unlike the Prowler's Anchored Mode.
  2. Frostiken

Unless you seriously extended the duration to like 15 seconds or more, that would make it effectively useless. If you're locked in place, it just means that everyone reloads and gets ready to annihilate you six seconds later. A 6 second shield is enough time to what, fire the cannon twice at most?
  3. Odin

What is happening on these forums. Tr getting a downright amazing weapon(new lynx) and the highest damage 167 tier weapon in the game and whining, are u serious. This isn't directed at the op in particular but the posts on the forum sound like a bunch of self entitled brats.
    The Lynx is so good right now on pts it will probably be nerfed, nc weapons are the same slow firing crap at close range they have always been except a couple outliers. Take all the 200 and 167 damage weapons in the game and gibe them to tr . No one would care because they are definitively worse under forty metres than anything 700 rof or up. Do u think nc has great guns or something? Name one that statistically outshines anything tr other than the gd7f, you won't cause you can't.
    Did u tr see the stats posted by Higby at Christmas. It showed the top weapons used by every class and every faction by all br100 players.
    Not a single 167 or 200 damage tier weapon was in the top 2 used by any class or any empire.
    There is a reason for this, Rate of fire and damage always outshines low rate of fire in fights under 40 metres. Which oddly enough is 95% of this games combat.
    So please stop crying , nc should be crying because we have 0 lmg's to compete with carv's, Orion's and msw'rs our ha's runaround with sub 600 rof lmg's which have lower damage than tr and vs ha's and have to just deal with it or just use a short range smg or shotgun.
    It's a huge disadvantage when running into a base or tower.
    So all the tr whining needs to stop after the balance pass, you won't be seeing any upgrades on weapons other than the carbines when statistically your weapons are as good or better than anything currently in the nc arsenal.
    To be honest other than nc not having a high rof close range lmg the game is as balanced as it's ever been. Every empire has great guns for every class and any buffs would screw balance we have achieved. We'll a small Orion nerf or .75 speed lmg's for tr and nc wouldn't hurt but it's pretty darn close balance wise.
  4. DevDevBooday

This 'oomph' also apparently takes the bullet damage from 143 to 125 so the DPS increase is not much at all whilst also only having 100 rounds, the ONLY benefit is a slightly faster spin up time.

The Vulcan 'buff' has also been announced, they are changing its Cone of fire "from 75 metres to 100 metres" whatever that means. Thats the only change its receiving.
  5. Cromell

Which makes it a 100 round Lynx, more or less. Also that spin up time decrease is, I believe, very important as it will make the weapon a lot more viable in those close ranges where TTKs can be shorted than the current spin up time. I know it's not a flat buff everyone wanted, and I'd much rather prefer an actual revamp of MCG, but for now I'd actually like to test this FART or whatever on live servers.

I guess this means the crosshairs are synced with actual COF at 100m now instead of 75? Nonetheless, not quite something that could be counted as a rebalance of the weapon, so that's why I'm disappointed about that.