Artemis Scout Rifle

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Verviedi, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Verviedi

I have just purchased the Artemis scout rifle for 250 certs and have got more kills in 10 minutes than I usually get in ann hour of sniping.
    How do you use your Artemis? Is it worth it to you?
  2. palto1826

myself, i debate between that and smg infiltrator...the artemis is great, def worth it and especially with the sale going on today
  3. Verviedi

I killed an NC MAX with my Artemis just by standing 50 meters from it and unloading 5 magazines. I need to work on my accuracy, though.
  4. Vivicector

Get both Artemis and SMG. Those are different guns, different uses.

Artemis is a very good gun. You should get foregrip and compensator for it. Also, get a silencer there too, for when you need it. Atremis is very precise at mid-range, and very silent even without silencer. I use it for AMP station fights and such situations, where ranges are too long for an SMG and too short for sniper rifle. Silencer is best, if its like 10vs10 fight. You can draw bad words with silenced Artemis on the wall behind the enemy and he won't even know about it!
  5. Rift23

Better for squadwork imo than an SMG as you can engage at multiple ranges and move with a group. Sucks for being a solo-Rambo kill farmer, but Higby those guys anyway; they don't contribute squat.
  6. Verviedi

I'm kinda stuck a a solo player. I'm only BR24 and I've never put down a single dollar in SC.
    Also, I can't afford a microphone and would need a voice synthesizer if I wanted to talk to other people. (Nobody like my voice)
    So currently my only option is soloing, I try to stick with my team, but I can't communicate,
  7. ShotgunGuru

I love using my AF-18 Stalker(NC's equivilant to the Artemis) and I already have gold on it after 3 days.:D
    I use a 2x reflex scope, a silencer, and a laser sight. Saving up for an smg, never spent a dime on sc, so it is a long trek
  8. TeknoBug

Been using the Artemis for a long time since when the game launched last year, it used to be a pretty hard gun to use (lower accuracy and only 20 round magazine), but it's a more suitable gun now and still my choice, it's one of the quietest guns to use with a suppressor, the SOAS and Stalker are loud with the suppressor.
  9. RockPlanetSide2

Honestly the Artemis, Stalker, SAOS is basically a crappy version of the NS1A for medics. The only difference is that you also have a cloak and you can run around and get into position. Any of the 3 Automatic Scout Rifles are not over the top, they are useful because of the cloak, in comparison to any other automatic weapon they are really bad.

They are AMBUSH weapons.
  10. Reiyan

What is the preferable attachment for Artemis staying mid range mostly?
    I am using compensator with fore-grip but not sure if i should get the adv laser sight as well
    and my TTK toward target between 40-70 range is very low, though i have tab-firing the Artemis instead of spraying fire
  11. Ttariel

The auto scouts might be some of the best single target guns in the game.
    2x/Supressor/Laster Sight are on my gun, its recoil and velocity make it already decent for longer ranges so i build it more in a balanced ground.

Pick a target, kill it, cloak, restart.
  12. SpionBref

It's a fun gun, the sound is amazing, i like it more than the SOAS. I use it with lasersight for hip firing and suppressor in some situations. It's pretty accurate even without compensator and forward grip (more acc. than the SOAS). If you stick to medium range lasersight is not really necessary.
  13. Reiyan

Due to its mid-close range, and with its low mag size, i found it suitable when you are running in a squad playing a supportive class and it is also a kill-stealing machine with its high velocity.

You may always out of ammo when running into 1 v 2 situation.

I have tried to put my foregrip and compensator and its accurate at hell and i definitely won't spend another certs to get the adv laser sight + suppresor set up. It tends to be a CQC setup and I will save up my cert to build this with a SMG instead
  14. reydelchicken

It's a great weapon, basically feels like a carbine or assault rifle.

You have good firepower at midrange, and even long range, and it won't get you killed in CQC if you can aim well and hit headshots.

Just make sure you use it with the foward grip and compensator, because like with all lower RoF weapons, it's strength is accuracy not bullet spam.
  15. SinerAthin

It is a good weapon, as it allows you to work from longer ranges.

They are also a lot less riskier to use than an SMG because of that.

I generally pick the Artemis for general engagements, and then SMG when I'm feeling rambo.
  16. BillHaverchuck

I hate the 24 round clip. However thats a price you have to pay for versatility. Cool for close and mid range but you have to be precise with that size of magazine.
  17. Reiyan

i am thinking of give up the Artemis although i have gold-ed it.
    it is basically being out-gun by most of the weapon in the game during random encounter
    Sirius or Vandal is far superior and may replace Artemis perfectly in mid-close combat. beyong 55 - 70 it takes 4 - 5 burst shot to take down the enemy which is nearly impossible for my bad aim and the bullet size of this gun

even NPW-7 which is bought with noob bundle works better than the Artemis

i am running with 2x scope, compensator and foregrip. compensator is a waste of cert when artmies recoil is easily managed with the foregrip so i may consider the supressor (i generally hate using it for its increased of bullet drop and slower bullet speed, any advice if this is a good attachment to it?) I can't use this gun without a foregrip.

though i really love this gun, but rather not invest any certs in it
  18. Fubbles

After a few hundred kills with the Artemis I took off the commentator and now I just use it with foregrip and either 1x, NV or 2x scopes depending on the situation. Every once in a while I will use it with a suppressor but I generally prefer no barrel after learning its recoil (extremely easy to manage up to long range if bursting).

The key to this weapons consistent success as with most below average ttk guns is going for head shots. If you aim for the head you can remain competitive in cqc and save heaps of ammo at further ranges with proper bursting. If you are trying to get better at aiming for the head I recommend IRNV as a sort of training wheels, this allows you to line up headshots while cloaked to drop targets very quickly before they can react properly.

<3 my auto scouts.