Faction bias. Can we all help each other.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Canuk, Apr 8, 2014.

1. GoEErs

I was going to get the Lynx but got the LC3 Jaguar for my Engie. I got the soft point ammo and laser sight. I like the hip fire on the Jaguar and thought the Lynx was just a high priced Jaguar. Or was I mistaken?
  2. Paperlamp

Lynx has better moving hip-fire. I'm not sure if it's going to retain that though since april patch is changing the Lynx.

Lynx also has better TTK at close ranges, both current and test server version.

Jaguar is much easier to handle overall and that's why for the most part it's a more popular choice. In chaotic situations, trying to counter the Lynx's current recoil which angles quite a bit to the right is difficult and the gun just doesn't have enough upsides to be worth the time/effort it'd take to master - and...it's going to go away anyway.
  3. Modern Ancestor

If you respect my opinion im ready to respect yours. Its not much but its foundation from which to build friendship.
  4. NikkoJT

This is why I like the Amerish mountains so much. LAs and Infiltrators pinging each other back and forth across road valleys, opposing Sundies behind two nearby mountains, and no way for tanks to get in the way...
    • Up x 1
  5. iller

It should be renamed R-O-RNG .... "Fire" is a misnomer as it implies a need to actually control recoil or even Aim.

Everyone wants a higher rate just b/c it means you get more lottery tickets than the other guy
  6. DevDevBooday

RoF isnt what determines what makes a gun good, its DPS.

For instance, The default semi-auto shotty is brilliant at CQC but doesnt have high RoF.

To everyone that goes 'Omg Lynx OP it fires at 909rpm' the GD-7F is STILL better at CQC, the new Lynx's DPS is actually lower than before (still love the change though)
  7. Ttariel

God forbid we go back to empire traits after all the clones of weapons we got.
    I like that TR gets a second look now, hope VS gets one too soon.
  8. GoEErs

Thanks Paperlamp. Good thing I didn't waste my time with the Lynx then. I really like the Jag. The cof seems really tight and the overall ease of use is as you explained. I'm really happy with it.
  9. Zar

you are i love my lynx is great in CQC but like all things i like SOE seems intent on ******* it up why i play this game anymore is questioned any time soe makes a post. "for the recorded the gun could be op after the update but that makes it worse for me cause i know my best gun is gonna get nerfed so hard its useless after a cash grab by soe. mark my words it will happen no one is gonna win in this NC and VS will cry nerf which it may or may not deserve it will get nerfed 3 months after it is changed and good cash grab is made. then BAM nerf. nc and vs are still bitter. i lose my best gun forever and everyone is pissed and losses respect and confidence in soe. lol watch it happen.
  10. GoEErs

I have SMG's. I'll stick with the Jag. It's easy for me to use and handle and I have really been doing much better in CQC just with the great hip fire alone. The only thing that bugs me is the looooooooong reload if I drain the mag. I try to never to do it if possible and have been very lucky not to get in a situation where I had to.
  11. SuperMedicated

The acx11? 5 hit ko awesomeness, slap a forward grip and 2x scope and you can work things out for both CQC and mid ranges, also on battlefield I've always been using the m14 mod 0 enhanced, I do have a love for slow firing hard hitting weps, including semi auto rifles, and can confirm people on my squad often kick me for doing that lol