Empires you don't want to have a fight with because they are boring on your server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Horrida Messor, Apr 1, 2014.

1. TheStonehawk

You are crazy man. Briggs is awesome. Hardly ever zerged out like Mattherson and other servers. Personally I love my Briggs TR alt. Its great fun, but none of my friends/outfitmates like TR so I'm stuck playing at mattherson unless I want to solo.

*Sigh*
    • Up x 1
  2. Nody

On Miller for the sake of making a pick I'll go with NC because of Biolab ScatMax alerts and less organized resistance in general. Have had a fair few close fights with TR with late minute drops by organized outfits.
  3. IamDH

When brute force doesn't work, you're not using enough
  4. JENKMAN

5. Peebuddy

• Up x 1
  6. M2_Bradley

Waterson VS.Constantly pulling out maxes in biofarms.Sadly we NC cannot replicate the VS's results...
  7. JENKMAN

We would of had rashnu but we barely had any numbers to cover the biolabs we already owned against the NC. And boy, did those NC try hard haha.

TR have been known to win with even less world pop as well so anyone who ever brings up world pop as an issue is complete crap.
  8. Dill Bagner

On Mattherson I don't really care for fighting the VS. Generally every fight with them, at least 20% of them are in Magriders and another 10-20% in Liberators. They, overall, seem so obsessed with "winning" and so averse to actually having fun.
    • Up x 1
  9. Bindlestiff

Cobalt hasn't had a mention yet. I guess that means in usual Forumside rationale that all 3 factions are super awesome and in fact we are the best server ever.

Team effort ;)
  10. iller

This. Most of the time on Connery you can actually see both the TR and NC consciously avoiding the Vanu. I'm not even sure it has anything to do with vehicles vs. infantry honestly. I think they all just sense that the VS are boring, overly polite/passive, and always procrastinating as a "Tactic" to intentionally avoid "first aggro" therefore they pretty much bring it on themselves. Even when the VS start off winning an alert by a good margin, you can watch the NC and TR make a b-line for eachother b/c .... umm, ??? not sure, they seem to just enjoy eachother's company in some weird way? or the Facilities between them are always just better farms or something.

But as others said, it might also just be that the VS are TOO organized for the server's own good. They're always bringing in exactly 55% pop to every hex which is about 10% more than they usually ever need to beat more than half of the Scrubby NC players there. Plus the Vanu in general got way too much "perfect-imbalance" wellfare from SOE last year so that's still in the back of people's minds too, influencing their habits I suppose.
  11. NovaAustralis

Da fark did I just read?! o_O

I'll break it down:
    If you are purple - kill the blue and red things.
    If you are red - kill the purple and blue things.
    If you are blue - kill the red and purple things.

Simples.
    [IMG]
  12. Ttariel

Waterson Vanu here

Vanu: First something against us
    I get teamkilled in the dumbest moments. About to destroy a sundy with mines ? Bam get killed by a friendly sniper. Kill an army of bears with a knife and want to return home with the smile of victory ? Nope get killed by the next best friendly engi and his turret in farfarawayland

TR: Cant say much about them right now
    Have some decent fights with them and talk to friendly people over there.

NC: Must get my most hate right now (no offense NC)
    Have a fight with TR 5v5 ? They bring a full zerg to a Hex that is not even connected. Tr is taking your ground on the east ?
    better push them back by attacking Vanu with 25% pop.
    Have problems with aim today ? use your rocket launcher forever.
    I swear NC gets rocket launchers instead of every other gun haha, primary, secondary, tool and even the knife are all rockets. Where do you get all of them NC do you build secret rocket labs and give them away with every bonus check ?

All in all in all, i dont really "hate" any faction, overpop just sucks in more of my dislike.
  13. DevDevBooday

Either empire on Briggs...

NC does as OP said, lame zergs and MAX babysitting. The whole empire just defends, rarely pushing out unless its a ghost cap.

The VS threat is almost non-existent. They are unorganised, and their pop rarely breaks 15% during alerts (they NEVER leave Indar).
  14. ZeroErrorz

matherson is like
    vs=MLGPRO/biggest zerg both of them is boring to fight
    tr=either they are hardcore machosist/faction loyalist that survived the dark days of vs overpop
    nc=normal guys....... (fix it with flame if you cant handle it..)

idk havent played for 2 month due to real life stuff and broken pc (soon to be repaired)
  15. AdamGrantBell

TR on Ceres here. Our meta is currently a bit weird. I logged on the other day to find that each faction owned one of the three continents and was apparently refusing to leave to actually fight the other. Anyway:

VS Ceres: By far the best organised faction on the server, they regularly employ cheats like tactics and teamwork. Thankfully they mostly keep their shameful displays to Amerish. Unfortunately this means that if you try to fly on the best continent for flying on, you will immediately be jumped by 3-4 scythes full of airspergs who never leave their planes. NERF CO-OPERATION, SOE. Outfits like The Foundation and Divine Hammer tend to be rather terrifying to fight, and players like Failed78 can apparently get headshots with a pistol from a hex away.

NC Ceres: Up until recently the overwhelming masters of the server, the NC have apparently decided that being organised and competent isn't for them and that they'd rather ghostcap Esamir instead. Still tremendously overpopped, I suspect some 'drama' has affected their abilities - the previously dominant MACS now appears to be multiple outfits and the terrifyingly efficient outfit Ideal Standart doesn't seem to show up to fights any more. They have a few tremendously skilled Reaver pilots who fly around by themselves and kill everything, but thankfully they're less given to co-operation than the VS.

TR Ceres: At once my bosom buddies and my worst enemies, TR Ceres are apparently possessed of a collective death wish. I've lost count of the number of times my teammates have ran in front of my MCG once it's spun up and pointing at the enemy, and the tracks of my tanks hold an endless fascination. I want to rebind a button to a macro that /yells 'LOOK BOTH WAYS BEFORE CROSSING THE ROAD'. It's also home to a large number of cosplayers who delight in dressing up as other factions and want you to appreciate their efforts. Last night someone dressed as a VS was so grateful that I'd appreciated their outfit by shooting them by accident that he gave my Lightning some friendship bricks in return.
    • Up x 1
  16. z1967

Honestly, I hate the VS on Connery the most. Its hard to pick a fight with them without getting covered in stock armor and air. Sure they are usually free kills for C4 or AP tanks, but there are so many of them they will just overwhelm you. JENK is honestly the worst of them all because instead of using tanks like tanks they use them as glorified chariots and crutches. Once the tanks and air are gone, their infantry just fall over and die or they retreat. DPSO is a casual zergfit and T42 is always a good fight.

And then of course there is FCRW. When they are in an organized squad/platoon, they are scary as hell and a force to be reckoned with. One or two of them alone is a cool find but not really that noticeable in the grand scheme of things.

NC, funnest to fight because they understand that mass armor columns are lame and bad game play. Can't take a tech plant without Recursion taking a royal dump on your day though :| Still fun though to face more of a challenge than ADK (Havoc and X are also some really good outfits). 666 used to be good but something happened and now they are the way they are today.

And TR, lots to talk about here (for better or worse). AFX and SOTO are always fun to jump into a public platoon with, organized and friendly with some great leaders. EXE is the TR DPSO/ADK equivalent, swallowing up new players (XPIV also takes in several new players) and zerging. XPIV is (slowly) becoming better organized after AlphaPrimal left, but still kinda zergy. We don't really have an "elite" outfit like Recursion or FCRW, but there are quite a few more tactical outfits. Iron Fist and TXR are kinda close to those elite outfits.

I am likely biased with this but yeah, my opinions.
  17. Idle

TR on Connery are starting to get pop again which is great because the server is starting to move back to when any faction could win alerts on its day.

As a NC player I find the standout outfits are all TR, dread Legion, QP4 and Ironfist while the VS outfits tend to blend together and are good because they get numbers to a fight not out fight opposition who have more pop like TR. Have not seen Future Crew for awhile now have the same impact they used to have. Dropping Purple smoke is the VS outfit I notice the most.

I ve found VS are the faction that works the best as a faction but when TR or NC get faction wide battle plans they can match and beat the VS.

The only faction I hated to fight were VS during the ZOE nightmare. As a NC player I tend to fight VS more because they are after our Bios and Tech plants all the time while TR push at them a little less.

And if we don't defend these VS try and camp them as long as possible, even when TR roll up to their warpgate and the Bio or Tech plant isn't connected the VS will still have most of their pop camped in these bases. TR does the same but not as often as VS. NC used to do it but I haven't seen them do it in awhile.
  18. BillBoBaggins

fixed
  19. RaidsRUs

Matherson TR reporting in. You VS boys are easily far more frustrating to me than the NC. It seems to me that the main problems tend to occur when our two factions get into a protracted stalemate. I spend a great deal more time fighting the Vanu than I do fighting the Conglomerate.... until after the fighting has dragged on for several hours with battle lines more or less locked in place, the NC armor column rolls up and then things get really hairy. I mean, if you guys could just hurry up and die faster....

Nah, that wouldn't be half as much fun. For now: keep fighting the good fight, Matherson VS. Maybe some day we can stop slaughtering each other long enough to trounce the NC before they come knocking with heavy ordinance.
    • Up x 1
  20. iller

There's MERC .... seriously impressive outfit overall, scarier as a whole squad than FCRW actually was. The only issue I see with them is their leaders don't seem to be as wary as they could be in weeding out the couple of very telling hackers among them. (we're talking about people who don't even take damage after being hit by AOE's/Cones ... I know how hacks are programmed, and even I can't explain that one). Those other outfits probably had a few as well at one point, every outfit gets 1 or 2. But they've been weeded out long ago and didn't come back. (And I doubt it was by SOE)