Vote against Vanguard nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Loeffel, Apr 7, 2014.

1. lawn gnome

correction 3000 damage over 8 seconds.
  2. Klypto

Well obviously fire suppression needs a buff like the ESF's did.
  3. Flag

While I don't agree on leaving that much power on a utility, let's assume they buffed it. Then you'd have to buff Magburn and smoke too. Anchor, in a bizzare way, already can be comparable to the shield, so buffing that would be ... risky.

But you and I have discussed this before.
  4. Lucidius134

I thought it was 3000 but i saw 2000 prior in this thread. Either way, that makes the case even worse lol.

IIRC the cooldown reduction per rank is the same as the VG shield as it is for fire suppression, while the shield mitigates more and lasts longer. This doesn't provide any sort of choice for which utility to take and is bad game design. Fire Suppression should be viable to pull on a vanguard in a very small niche at the VERY least.
  5. teks

Plus vanguard resists.

Honestly im surprised a thread so blatently against the posting policy has remained this long. Makes me feel confident that the staff reads the forums.
    • Up x 1
  6. teks

That would be so awsome.
    Most the average nc players would whine about their shield nerf while the nc vets quietly humm in the background trying their best to act outraged while screaming for joy inside.
  7. Lucidius134

You could always use the report post feature to flag down mods for off-topic posts.

This post is off-topic so you can even try it out on this one :p
  8. teks

but that would ruin the little observational experiment we got going on here.
  9. Klypto

Fire suppression isn't viable on any MBT. A sorry that "240" hp isn't saving anyone. It's like an infantry ability that restores 5 hp.
    • Up x 1
  10. teks

Well, if your on fire it repairs you to green then additionally repairs you another 12%. Thats not bad. FYI I think its 480 HP. MBTs have 4000 hit points.
    The question is, does that 480 hp require the enemy to fire an additional shot? I think in most scenarios it does, especially if you waited until you were on fire. Additionally fire suppression allows you to repair some damage between battles without stopping. perfect for those times when you don't want to stop in dangerous territory.
    Not really a surprise you MBT guys don't know much about fire suppression, can't blame ya. I'm a lightning driver, and we actually use fire suppression quite a lot since its the best choice available. Its no game changer, but its not bad.
    • Up x 1
  11. Lucidius134

Max rank is 480 for all MBT's

Cite:

Re Your post and what Teks added, it has a use for other factions, it doesn't have any use for NC.

Don't plan on using lockdown -> You don't go against Strikers -> Fire Supp will help mitigate some damage

Don't require the mobility of Mag Burner for AV -> No lock ons present -> Fire supp will help negate some damage.

NC???????????? ??????????????.......????????????
    • Up x 1
  12. lawn gnome

i use it all the time in my skyguard. it isn't as good as the nano repair i used to run before they switched radar to the defense slot, but it is still very good in those times where it is too hostile outside for me to get out and do repairs, and teks is right 12% can often mean the difference between life and death.
  13. Klypto

Well, quite frankly you would have to be an idiot not to use it on a lightning.

I mean, smoke? Really?

That was only good in the striker days.
    • Up x 1
  14. teks

lol and your right about it being the poor man's nano repair for lightnings.
  15. teks

Smoke is great stuff. Fire suppression is too good to pass up now, but I do like my smoke. I used it with stealth to make ninja escapes. It produces enough smoke to cover your butt on the run, just enough to throw off a potential kill shot. I've also used it to cover mines while escaping. Thing is, this is a lot of talk about hypotheticals while fire suppression is a guaranteed 12% health.

I mention this only because I wish for an excuse to use smoke again. One day, the striker will get a buff, and the ninja lightning will return!
  16. Lucidius134

Smoke + Thermal to see through said Smoke, farm infantry???? (Genuine question I don't have thermal on any of my tank guns or use smoke)
  17. lawn gnome

i do that with my engineer. i use the rifle with the under barrel smoke launcher mount and the thermal scope.
  18. Brahma2

What Vanguard nerf? Read the notes... I see no such thing.
  19. BlueSeventy

Vanguard already got nerfed. 2 seconds off the shield, same HP absorption. QQ, you still have the best Tank v. Tank tank in the game. All the TR has on you is DPS, which is negated by the shield. And all the VS have on you is the secondary guns. Which require manning. The main gun for the VS is quite crappy compared to the Titan AP. It's like a trebuchet that shoots plasma pumpkins. Please NC, gather your cojones and exit the crying arena.
  20. evansra

While I don't want my van nerfed I can live with these changes :) would like to see better AI capabilities on the van tho if its being brought into line at AV while still being crap at AI then that's not balance either :/