How to tell if your good at planetside....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jake the Dog, Apr 7, 2014.

1. SerialNumber1221

you are good at planetside when you are having fun playing it...your good at it if whatever you do in game entertains you...killing, dying, rezzing, repairing are all parts of it...whichever or all of those combined entertains you, then you are good at the game
    • Up x 1
  2. BengalTiger

You're good at Planetside 2 when...

The Purple team attacking a Red base runs so low on resources that they try to kill your squad's 3 tanks with half a dozen cloaking Flashes, while the Red team, having lost a few Liberators, just sits in the spawn bunker and watches.

Either good or extremely lucky.
    Judging by the fact I shot down a Scythe by firing at the dorito through a tree, I guess it must be the latter.
  3. Thovargh

You can tell that you are good if you (and your team) bind up much more enemy manpower than you invest yourself.
    It's kinda hard to judge, but the only measurement that takes every effective action into account
  4. Wizz

When people in the air spot you, turn to run away, and then send a tell saying "please don't" :)
    • Up x 2
  5. DJPenguin

I think last night i was finally accused of every cheat in the book with a claim of me speed hacking while using a chump action shotgun.
    • Up x 1
  6. Jake the Dog

Lol was in ap prowler. Against high brs as my lvl26 tr...
  7. Jake the Dog

That's just the nature of the game. I was just in a small squad. With an army of pubs around me. Generally one person is ineffective I was rolling ap prowler shot about 12 scythes out of the sky 1 or 2 libs scores of infantry and vehicles
  8. yeHHH1g

hate tells, they get more creative everyday
  9. Pacifist

When you understand the concept of flanking rather than charging into the enemy killing field.

When you ignore those people capping points and go kill their sunderers first.

When you die and see 4 sunderer killed messages go by and you weren't in a lib.
  10. Randomplayer11

You are good at planetside when you dont zerg !!!
  11. Chubzdoomer

You're good at PlanetSide 2 when...

Your name is Chubzdoomer.
  12. G.O.A.T

When they try to say that you arn't that good because you have good K/D Ratio and good Kill per minute.
  13. Ttariel

When you stop being a female dog about your stupid KDR and go for the objective waiting there for you.
  14. WarmasterRaptor

Is there a ranking for the most captured base and defended base, individually speaking? I don't remember seeing one.
    I know we got ribbons, but I believe THAT would represent if you're good at PS2, combined with KPB, kills per battles.
  15. Eyeklops

How to tell when your winning/good at Planetside 2 (Eyeklops Edition):

1. You're regularly farther up the scoreboard than the campers tankers while playing as infantry.
    2. You show up to an under-defended base, leave the spawnroom (this is the important part), retake an objective or repair a generator, and hold off a few of the enemies afterward. If you subsequently return to the spawnroom and kill at least 5 spawnroom warriors with 1 C4 that earns Eyechievment "Objective's Revenge"
    3. You watch the map to be at the next objective before the enemy.
    4. You run very obviously towards a distant sniper, dodging his fire (but rarely leaving his line-of-sight), just to shotgun him in the forehead. Eyechievement "Your time has come ohh distant one"
    5. You kill Chuck Norris (NivX) 5 times in row. Grants Eyechievement "Dominator of the Clairvoyant"
    6. You repair a generator from less than half to full while being chased around it by an enemy the entire time. Bonus points if you kill the, now out-of-bullets, enemy with your knife. Eyechievement "Bullet Anti-Magnet"
    7. You use the Recursion Stats Tracker (this is an easy win for all).
    8. When you see a huge friendly tank/air zerg beating on a spawn, you realize "enough is enough" and don't pull a tank or aircraft, but instead go to a battle front that needs your help.
    9. You Parkour everywhere, and when possible actually jump from tree to tree. Eyechievement: "Flying Squirrel"
    10. You're on my friends list (another easy win for all).
    11. You like This thread.
    12. You kill more ESF's with Decimators than times you've been killed by aircav in total. Unlocks Eyechievement "Sock Dumpster"
    13. You realize that the mini-map on the death screen doesn't really help anybody and was nothing but a waste of expensive coding time that could have been used to create features that enhance PS2's gameplay instead. Eyechievment: "Common Sense"
    14. You get a hate tell from someone in QRY . Unlocks Eyechievement "Who's QRYin' Now" (Joking aside, respect these guys or else)
    15. You favorably quote this post. Eyechievement "Spreader of Eyeknowledge"

That's all I got for now.
    • Up x 1
  16. Eyeklops

Dat outfit name :eek:

Pure awesome.
  17. Nanomorph

Maybe you're just cruising around in an invincible vehicle while farming peasants? :D
  18. Astealoth

Good players recognize and act on objectives that have significant impacts on fights. Many times that involves doing things that may not always result in many kills.

Some examples:

Running and defending a good Sunderer
    Hurling yourself at a strategically important enemy Sunderers
    Noticing when your local team is lacking proper heals, resupplies, or repairs
    Distracting the enemy with rude /yell banter
    Defending downed generators behind enemy lines

Flat out farming kills really isn't an effective way to play this game. It's fun, it makes OK certs, but it really does nothing in the long run to help your team in many situations.
  19. Akeita

Because you team killed me.
    You Higby Vanu Sovereignty

WANNA BE GOOD AT PLANETSIDE ? UPGRADE NOW.
    • Up x 1
  20. KnightCole

LOL, I was being told I was a lost, hopeless terribad scrub by this guy I killed like 7 times in a row. He had like 0.3 KD and less then 100 SpM.....He was saying he was better hten me and everything....it was really funny.