class universal weapons?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BloodKitten, Apr 7, 2014.

1. BloodKitten

im currently still using the starter weapons, was just wondering wich weapons can be used across all classes for the NC side.
  2. Tommyp2006

SMGs and shotguns. Shotguns can be used by everyone but the infiltrator and the max. The SMGs can be used by everyone but the max.
    • Up x 4
  3. Mongychops

Only the SMGs (Cyclone, Blitz, NS-7 PDW, MKV Suppressed) can be used on all classes, though the NS SMGs (NS-7, MKV) you will probably only ever want to use on the infiltrator, anyway.

The other (non-universal) shared weapons are
    • Shotguns can be used by all classes except infiltrator.
    • Carbines are used by both light assaults and engineers
    • Battle rifle is used by both engineers and heavy assaults
    • Up x 1
  4. Fangry

Knife
    • Up x 3
  5. ColonelChingles

If you're thinking about an NC SMG, I would recommend the Cyclone if you can aim, and the Blitz if you cannot. The NS-7 and the suppressed variant are really only better beyond 25m or so, and if you're doing SMG work then most of your combat will be up close (or you will be maneuvering through cover to close that gap). Beyond 25m most of the other starter weapons will outperform the NS-7 anyhow.
    • Up x 1
  6. Crackulous

In addtion to those already stated, any sidearm, such as the Rebel, Commisioner, etc.
    • Up x 1
  7. FateJH

While we're on this topic, I have no way to justify the VS MAX not being able to use SMGs. Theirs is the only MAX that actually holds their weapons; the rest of us latch our weapons onto our wrists.
    • Up x 1
  8. ohmikkie

That got me thinking. A VS MAX with two Corvus rifles would suite me fine.
    • Up x 1
  9. Cirevam

No.

DUAL LASHER MAX. WITH ZOE.
    • Up x 1
  10. z1967

Raves at the warpgate would never be the same...
  11. ohmikkie

lol exactly ;-)
  12. Astealoth

Underboss, NS-7, Medkits. Some of the most versatile all class all faction gear in the game. Don't listen to the haters, the NS-7 is perfectly capable of CQC gibbing. I do better with it face to face than with my Armistice, I have Auarax+ with both, just love the little plinker.