A storm is coming (Briggs)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by F1na1, Apr 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P4nda

...how far is that getting you?
  2. Kulantan

Well, further than staying locked up in the 13 page tech support thread. Also about a million times less like to kill someone the next time I try to log in, its great catharsis.
    • Up x 1
  3. Skizzik_NZ

Save Briggs[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  4. P4nda

I'm sympathetic and it's clearly an issue that needs to be resolved, but nothing more can be done about it. The devs obviously are aware. All this is doing is annoying the rest of PS2s community and scaring off new players who aren't even geographically in the same ballpark as you guys.
  5. Kulantan

There is some hope that by raising this issues' profile we might move it up SOE priority list, rather than them leaving it over the weekend before even attempting the fix again as they have done. But its not just a matter of actually getting a fix. A fix is a necessary but not a sufficient condition for mollifying us.

We are pissed at the way we have been treated by SOE. Lots of us want a full, public and very visible apology and an explanation of their behavior.
    • Up x 2
  6. Rossinna-Sama

It may not be under SOE's control. Wasn't the servers based in GameArena? If so, that's under my ISPs control and... well... less that's said about them the better.

Personally though, what's wrong with Briggs? It is unique. At all times of the day and night there is always one or even two 24-48 vs 24-48 battles on Indar, we don't typically have large zergfits running around ghost capping for no particular reason and all roles are viable. (I know of a few larger outfits here for TR and VS, not seen one for NC.)

Granted the other conts are dead - never even seen the "new" Amerish, but well that's how Aus servers are in any MMO. Low pop, henceforth different type of gameplay.
  7. Kulantan

Then they should have told us that. We are angry partly due to their piss poor communication.
    Its not unique, its broken. Taking 5+ mins to log in when there are more than two people on the server is not a charming quirk.
    • Up x 2
  8. Slandebande

I completely agree with your points. Another reason I despise the forum is the amount of self-moderation being taken (the down-voting posts), which in effect, leads to only the majority getting a say whilst any minority (even though it could only be a slight minority) gets ignored. Another negative is the aspect of posts simply being gone after being downvoted, in theory a tight-knit community could be responsible for down-voting all posts they disagree with by monitoring new posts and communicating. This could (only an example!!!) for instance be pilots, who don't want complaints about air to be seen, or infantry not wanting to listen to vehicle users in general.

Having a forum where the majority can silence the minority is really medieval, and should not belong in our current societies in my opinion (at least not be regarded as a respectable forum).
    • Up x 1
  9. Codex561

I was just pointing out an irony that you can pretty much only get in contact with them using reddit. The others are almost always ignored. I sent an email to RadarX 2 weeks ago and still nothing!
    • Up x 1
  10. Fangry

Think I'll play on Briggs, but what faction?
  11. Chipay

All for this, you go people!
    • Up x 1
  12. DQCraze

My ping on Matherson fluctuates between 70 and 280. The game is laggy hitchy and the hit detection is horrible. It's like they employed a bunch of high school script kiddies to encode the software.

The server crashed during Friday night ops for Christ sake. How embarrassing is that?
  13. SerialNumber1221

i was abe to login in the evening..started a new NC slot with my friend on Briggs today..the afternoon login time was instant..the evening was about 4 to 5 minutes....so the problem is related to numbers logging in clearly as the problem gets worse at peakime...

it was fun playing for sure, especially with my friends, but i do lament that the battle style is more distributed and more resembles a round of Battlefield than a large scale slugfest which is what i get on Connery...

also i duno why people say the long login times are a recent issue..i've seen it from the beginning in peaktimes...the issue has been around for well over a year...
  14. Fangry

Miller had this during prime time too, but with the mission system there is barely people on, even in the weekends so its no problem logging on
  15. P4nda

16. Crackulous

17. SquattingPig

Hmm, so just as the community goes bonkers the problem gets fixed. Coincidence?
    • Up x 1
  18. iXaNx

idk if its just me but the latency sure felt higher , never paid attention untill i noticed i had 300ms flat and i have 200 while connecting to games at US west ( Crappy Internet i know!)
  19. SerialNumber1221

i will check now in the next hour as we approach primetime
  20. SerialNumber1221

its's not fixed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.