Please give the T7 Mini Chaingun a larger default mag size. And make it underslung.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Owen W., Apr 7, 2014.

1. Munq

Oh they changed it. I'm surprised forums aren't full of tears about it. I swear, players in this game whine about everything.

Edit: Oh but you can ADS NC and VS heavy weapon. Nope. Can't have that. TR weapon sux cuz of this.
  2. Tuco

I played NC in PS1, I use to be afraid of the mini chaingun. Thought it was so OP I would go out of my way to loot some off some dead TR after jackhammering their ases behind doorways.

In PS2 I took one trip around the VR with the minigun and laughed.
  3. o.Solei.o

The devs wanted it underslung too. I don't suppose it ever occurred to you that there might be a reason they weren't able to make it that way?

Aside from the other reasons already cited here, consider the problem of cover. All the cover in the game is designed with a narrow range of point-of-origin of the projectiles in mind, and even then there are places were you can't shoot past things it seems like you should. (Crouching at the railings in the open-field part of the VR shooting range, for a convenient example.) All that work to make it underslung would make it really unpopular, really quickly if users frequently found themselves getting killed by people they couldn't shoot back at.

It would also need a lot of new body animations for MCG wielders to not look incredibly shoddy compared to the other animations, which is saying something.

All this work for a single gun... There's a lot of important and past-due stuff on the roadmap, which bumps this way down into the realm of wishful thinking.
  4. Ripster

Underslung would be cool as ****. It would still be able to fire over walls, it jsut wouldn't look realistic. Bullets come from center screen.
  5. AdmiralArcher

[IMG]

this would literally make every TR happy, that and some tweaks to make it a good gun

/done
    • Up x 10
  6. hawken is better

I'd rather it be shoulder mounted like a rocket launcher. I think that would look pretty cool + unique.
    • Up x 1
  7. Aractain

I don't mind it not being underslung, its just that the current MCG is kind of REALLY UGLY. If you could get Art to fix that up that would be great.

200 rounds basic, 400 extended, 600 (or 800 why not?) reserve if you could, thanks.
    (How does the Gauss Saw fit 100 200 damage bullets into that flimsy little mag but we can only fit 100 125 damage (because FART) rounds into the HUGE mag of the MCG?)
    • Up x 2
  8. Tuco

There were walls in PS1 as well. That never stopped the underslung minigun from being great at medium ranges.
  9. hawken is better

Wait, does the FART attachment really drop the bullet damage down to 125? Seriously?

Wtf SOE?
  10. Maljas23

News to me... hope it isn't true.
  11. Aractain

Last I tried it on test, it makes the shots to kill go up by one even with the gun in their chest.
    The MCG also still seems to have a 1.5 headshot multiplier so its easy to get outshot with even the FART mcg.
  12. KnightCole

What does FART stand for in game?

That what its called or is it just a player dubbed name?

and yes, TR LMGs should have atleast 120 rounds by default, 200 with exmag. More TR LMGs should get Exmag. MCG should have like 200 or even 300 by default lol. Big *** double sized Drum mag muwhahah.
  13. minhalexus

Fast Action Refire Toggle = FART
  14. Pondera

*mental image of what the TR want from the VS perspective*

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  15. vanu123

pretty much lol
  16. vanu123

At least you can kill things with the chaingun unlike the lasher.
  17. hawken is better

Wow, just went and tested it myself, the FART really does lower its damage-per-bullet down to 125.

Jesus Christ, SOE. I knew it was too good to be true (as mediocre as the FART was, anyway).
  18. Maljas23

Does it change in the stat screen or something? Where do you check?
  19. hawken is better

Test it out on the dummies, the bullets to kill goes up by one with the FART attached. Same with MAX suits; see how many bullets it takes to kill a MAX without the FART (you should have around 30ish rounds left in the mag), then test it with the FART. It seems like it takes an extra 10 or so bullets to kill.
  20. Munq

Lets be honest here. All the heavy weapons in this game stink. Only reason why MCG kills anyone is that it's the only weapon that has any use in medium range and in the open doors. Just like it was in Planetside 1. Lasher comes up close second. Jackhammer is just a shotgun on heavy assault (lol).

What Planetside 1 had made the other weapons viable though. Unfortunately Planetside 2 doesn't have player collision and base corridors. Mostly just outdoors and huge rooms indoors, neither of which are suitable for the "collateral damage Lasher" and "broadside in your face Jackhammer". There's one base that reminds me of Planetside 1 in Amerish. But without player collision it just isn't the same.. It's just a big mess when people can run through each other.