Nerfing Enforcer and Saron just because Vulcan is bad doesn't make sense

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Akeita, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Akeita

This is straight up unfair, SOE need to start to play their bloody game and bring back GM. This is just like air weapon such as Libs and ESFs lock on stuff, they nerf and buff using stat recorded such as KPU vv...

This is simply arrogance, majority of players/tankers in PS2 already know that Enforcer AND Saron is a decent/good secondary AV weapon but the Vulcan is inferior compare to those. Now, the reason for nerfing the Enforcer is "The enforcer is dng way too good in AV", which what it SUPPOSE TO BE GOOD AT, ANTI - VEHICLES, and SOE decided to nerf the bloody thing just based on stat that it doing better than Saron and Vulcan, seriously ?

And, what's the reason for the nerf of Saron ? "It perform too good against infantry"... Well then you should go and grab a saron trying to snipe constantly moving infantry, I DARE YOU. It is just like using AP rounds in the main cannon of every single MBT of each faction to hit infantry, the splash of the Saron is not even that big, despite that there is splash, it would took you at least 4 out of 6 shot in your magazine in order to kill ONE INFANTRY, plus, if it is a direct hit, that gunner is using skills to hit infantry, Saron is extremely accurate in it's first shot, but to me, it's just a Vanguard's AP rounds that have no drop that need to hit at least 2 - 3 direct hit to kill an Infantry. If that Saron user possess those skills that can hit infantry THEN HE DESERVED IT or that infantry made a mistake standing still within LOS of a tank, which is not a good idea.

Guess what ? Despite all of those stupid nerf with no real reason, the Vulcan is still bad, and Halberd is still better and TR tankers still not going to use it. Decide to "nerf other people's stuff because my stuff is bad" ? Ain't gonna work, unless you want to NS master race to be superior than every single bloody ES stuff... If SOE keep going this way, you just gonna create 2 more "Vulcan's Problem" for you to fix.

TL;DR : Don't you Higby - ing touching or nerfing my stuff just because you need the guy that have the bad stuff feel better, your source of information to what is OP and UP is bad and you should feel bad.
    • Up x 11
  2. IamDH

Halberdside 2?

TR usually use halberds over vulcans. Going on this, nerfing the saron/enforcer to be in line with the vulcan will only make NC/VS use the halberd.
    • Up x 5
  3. SavageBacon

The problem is even if they buff the Vulcan so that it has the lowest TTK on armor but it only good in the short range, people will ask for a nerf. I think nerfing the AV weapons to be more AV focused is fair, but beyond that it seems a bit much. Then again, SOE has never seemed to be good at nerfing/buffing things because there's just a ton of changes rather than a few things.
  4. Akeita

Vulcan actually suffer because it perform too good on Harrasser, which can easily close the gap to turn it into "short range", but now Harrasser can get rekt by a pistol... Vulcan don't need a buff, it need a revamp.
    • Up x 1
  5. PlatoonLeaderG

NC/VS wanted Vulcan nerfed ->nerfed
    TR wanted Enforcer/Saron nerfed ->nerfed

What is the problem here?You started it,now welcome to halbertside 2 like we have been for so long.Anyway isnt halbert the better choice even before the nerfs?
  6. WetPatch

Basically they should never have given Harassers Empire weapons, they screwed it up for everyone.
    • Up x 12
  7. SavageBacon

So I agree that the Harasser Vulcan was a beast, but in true SOE fashion they nerfed both which was excessive. Having a short range high dps weapon high on lightly armored vehicles would totally be in line with high risk high reward. In the Vulcan's current state, it's like "well, should've gotten the Halberd instead"
  8. Akeita

NC/VS think it's over - nerfed and want SOE to buff / rework for it.
    But then, SOE nerf our stuff so TR players feel better about themselves.
  9. kadney

But.. but.. but.. they increased the CoF sight range up to 100 meters! What ever that means.. :rolleyes:
  10. EliteEskimo

Bull crap! SOE nerfed your stuff because SOE doesn't have a dam idea of what they are doing when it comes to tanks. You're kidding yourself if you think they did it just to appease the TR. On a side note they are nerfing the Prowler splash again and not giving Anchormode a proper fix to make it fun in tank fights anyways so I don't know where you get the notion they are making us feel better when it comes to our tank.

The Enforcer ML85 represented the best example of an ES secondary done right. It was better than the Halberd for AV duties, worse for AI, and had less Alpha Strike potential while dishing out more damage over time than the Halberd. It was competitive with the Halberd and as a Prowler Tanker I hated going up Vanguards with them equipped. In terms of a good weapon it was mission accomplished, and a nerf was not needed because the Halberd wasn't clearly superior or inferior to it. A nerf was given because SOE doesn't know what the heck they are doing and doesn't even try to communicate with tankers.

The Saron represented a ES secondary close to done right. It was iconic, it dished out more damage than the Halberd up close, and was a versatile weapon which could be used effectively up to medium ranges when Magrider strafe is at the most useful for fighting. It needed a slight COF tightening and I personally feel it would be right around where it needs to be. The nerf was given because SOE doesn't drive tanks or know what the heck they are doing with them, and in terms of the Magrider in particular you have more than enough evidence of them not knowing what they were doing when it came to overnerfing the Magrider's strafe capabilities. I saw no complaints from infantry players being farmed by the Saron, so where the heck did this nerf even come from?!?

The Vulcan represents a weapon that at one point represented a weapon that could've been competitive with the Halberd if it had a COF/range buff in its prime, but then was hit so dam hard with the nerf hammer by SOE it's now a warped hulk of metal compared to what it once was. This "buff" they are giving it would be like giving a near totaled car a car wash and calling it good as new. The closest the Vulcan came to being competitive with the Halberd in its prime, and even then it still usually wasn't worth pulling, was before all the damage resist nerfs and Ultra nerfs that came with the Harasser's Vulcan changes.

During the silver days of the Vulcan, it never really had golden days that made me think it was real competitive to the Halberd, its Max range effective range for tank fights was around 100 to maybe 150 meters. It could burst fire kill infantry standing still in a few clicks at range, it was a powerful AA weapon against low flying ESF and liberators which tried to kill the Prowler at close range, and was a good weapon for getting up in other tank's face even if it still meant losing to the Vanguard.

At this point in time all it needed was its COF tightened to bring that max effective range out to the 200 meter area, 300 for burst fire against infantry, and it would've represented a competitive choice against the Halberd. However thanks to a massive oversight by SOE they took the values of the currently OP Harraser' Vulcan, which was so good because of how OP the Harasser was at tanking damage while getting up close and then turboing away, and then used those stats as justification to nerf the Prowler's Vulcan into the ground. This massive nerf could've easily been avoided if the people making the balance decisions actually used tanks!

The Prowler's Vulcan was in a state it needed a few small buffs in COF/range and it would've been golden, but instead it gets crumpled and warped with massive nerfs and SOE's baby step approach to try to bring it back is pathetic when so many in the community have told them EXACTLY what needs to happen to make it competitive. It needs to be competitive at medium range 200 meter area and then tapering off after than that, until that at least is done I hardly doubt the buffs they give to the Vulcan will make it worth pulling.
    • Up x 16
  11. maxkeiser

Saron is fine as it is. Not sure why SOE have to keep on changing things.
    • Up x 2
  12. TomaHawk

Right, and SoE nerfing **** people won't use is not the way to make money. PS2 has been making this sucking noise for a while. Because of their stupid nerfing cycles, I don't buy anything anymore. You can't trust these people.

Where's the roadmap? Oh yea, another sucking sound.
    • Up x 1
  13. KAHR-Alpha

Probably that if you define the max angle of your CoF with a cone, that cone's base got moved from 75m to 100m.
  14. KoS-1

Good! Join the nerf club!!
  15. smokemaker

Nerf two vs. buff one.

common core math = nerf all 3
  16. Crackulous

Seems like the Saron is going to be spammed with that 1.0m radius, since direct hits aren't going for it anymore.
    • Up x 1
  17. TheBigHert

So wait, they are nerfing the Saron yet again!?!? Say it ain't so. Please bring back the old Saron. Current Saron is awful. I can't believe they would nerf it even more.
  18. Bindlestiff

That is such a ****** way to look at things, and is the reason why these forums are so toxic.
    • Up x 1
  19. Latrodectus

What I love about that is that the Vulcan performed great on a vehicle that actually played to its strengths. You know, the vehicle that the Prowler will never be.
    • Up x 2
  20. Modern Ancestor

[IMG]

Your right it does not make sense.
    • Up x 4