Your Accuracy

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by salembeats, Apr 5, 2014.

1. salembeats

The fun and training in Aimbooster lie in the "training" exercises rather than the "challenge" mode. Doubleshot is my favorite exercise, and gets my CQC twitch-based aim primed.
  2. Bruno Puntz Jones

This. I'm amazed that my "accuracy" with vehicle weapons is even above the single digits.

Remember: You're not getting paid to bring it home.
  3. salembeats

It matters in context. If you're an Infil or LA using a first-gen SMG (or any other small-mag weapon) behind enemy lines and you expect to last a while, you'll want the shorter TTK and good ammo conservation that a high accuracy stat helps with.

If, on the other hand, you're a heavy with an extended-mag LMG and you're standing 5 meters from an ammo box, you might have different needs.

Not every stat is relevant to all people at all times. This has been touched on a few times already in this thread.
    This doesn't, however, mean that these stats are useless.
  4. Sovereign533

They changed the players side apparently, but I used to have 112% accuracy with my Falcon :p
  5. salembeats

Yeah I remember reading that Dasanfall didn't include some weapons in their "Sanctioned Infantry Weapons" partially because they were bugged so that you could get more than 100% accuracy. Shotguns used to register as one successful hit per pellet. IIRC, BF3's stats had this same issue at some point.
  6. LibertyRevolution

I am a terrible shot, I was not being sarcastic...
    I just shoot at every flash, harasser, and ESF that I find parked.
    Dumping a couple mags of strait hits keeps that ACC up in the 30's.
    If I can kill it with small arms, I don't waste a rocket.
  7. Posse

The problem I find with this kind of games is that my desktop sens and DPI is way too high for the small screen, and I'm not going to turn it down only to play that :p

Anyway, this was my best one

[IMG]

If you like music games you could play this game => http://osu.ppy.sh/

I think it helped me in making my aim not terrible before starting to play PS2 :D
  8. MittRackRObama

Triggerspam FTW!

I'm the only Vanu that like the Antares for this exact reason. Sorry guys.
  9. Klypto

I try to maintain 60%+ with my tank cannons because missing a shot means too much in terms of reload times.
  10. salembeats

My tank accuracy is probably horrible -- I don't tank much, but when I do, it's often maxed-out lockdown AP against ESFs. :D
  11. salembeats

My current record is 44 seconds now. I gotta train some more and beat your 56-sec PR!
  12. Crackulous

I'd guess I rank the lowest in this entire thread. I can't aim well at all in this game when it comes to infantry.
  13. Mustarde

Hey salem,

I love talking about stats. And I love fellow infiltrators. But between the way you phrased your OP, and the rather subtle signature you have, I can't help but feel that this is little more than a thinly veiled "hey check out my M+ IVI accuracy". It's nothing personal against you, and perhaps you are just really enthusiastic about this stuff and want to talk about it, but you might want to think more about how this appears to everyone else visiting the thread.

FWIW, I find accuracy only moderately valuable in terms of assessing a player, especially an infiltrator. I could be super cautious and land all my shots, or I could be more aggressive and shoot at lots of moving targets. I personally fall into the second category and have rather mediocre accuracy and HSR's on most of my sniper rifles according to stats.dasanfall.com. Yet my KPH is above average on most of the sniper rifles I use. And for the real question there is no statistic - when you have a HA running at you, angry with their LMG pointed at you and shield up, can you land the headshot in time and survive?

IVI and accuracy are important for winning small infantry fights, 1v1's and that translates into good competitive performance in commclash or PAL. On live server, it only tells a small part of a players story.
  14. salembeats

Haha.
    Yeah, I feel where you're coming from.
    I'm not in control of how people perceive things, and I anticipated some people misinterpreting the intent of the thread from the outset.
    The thread has drifted from its purpose a bit.

As far as my in-game accomplishments go, it's my job to let everyone know about them -- nobody else is going to parade my accomplishments, and an accomplishment that nobody knows about might as well not exist! :D

Yes.

Every statistic is relevant only in context, and being able to perceive how stats relate to one another is important to interpret them properly.
    If you look over my previous posts in this thread, you'll see that I've championed this integrated perspective for interpreting stats.

You mentioned a good example of this -- a high KPH with a low accuracy stat which usually translates to taking more chances, and firing when a hit is not guaranteed.
    My 99SV and M77-B weapons follow this pattern, as a matter of fact -- very low headshot rates with good accuracy and great KPH. I'm very aggressive with these particular weapons and was able to accurately land body-shots and follow-up shots against moving targets with them in order to make kills.

Getting back to the OP... I'm genuinely interested in improving my accuracy. My current skill level is irrelevant -- As long as you can discern a difference between my aim and an aimbot, there's always room to improve. We can all only get better, regardless of where we are at now.
    I came across Aimbooster while seeking to improve my aim. I like it more than the others I've tested, and I'd like to check for a correlation between the scores in Aimbooster and the accuracy stat in Planetside. I'm not very interested in hearing opinions over whether there might be a correlation or not, as I can form my own opinion regarding that without any assistance.

TL;DR - This thread is about Aimbooster much more than it is about Planetside.
  15. Nocturn0l

The question is, does it really help to improve your aim? Aiming is mainly muscle memory (twitch reflexes) and gets better with practice yeah, but you have to practice with the same mouse sensitivity as in PS2.

Aimbooster actually will benefit you more if you're play RTS games like SC2 from the looks of it, since people will generally try to run 1:1 sensitivity in game.
    Also trying to click on different spots on the screen is something completely different than trying to keep your crosshair on a moving target!
  16. salembeats

So glad you mentioned it:

http://aimbooster.com/s/0M2Q4Mj

There are several different modes -- and they can be customized. My regimen before PS2 consists of a small block of each exercise. So far, it seems to get me primed!

Does punching a bag really help to punch a human?
    Does leading troops help you run a business?
    Do pull ups help you free-climb rocks?
    Does Yoga help relieve stress?

I'm really not sure, but the purpose of this thread is to find out rather than to speculate.

I'm leaning towards believing that it helps, but I'm a skeptic at heart and I'm always willing to discard my first impression in the light of data that shows otherwise.
  17. Surmise

infiltrator snipers on towers
    Mustarde friend, dont be deluded into thinking that IVI statistic matters much, it doesnt, reason is, it can be padded.
    It can be padded by going for headshots only with accurate full auto weapons on stationary targets, on stationary targets like
    low BR noobs, people who don't move at all in gunfights and almost afk like infiltrators/engineers in tower fights on top floors.

Reason why i say 'padded' because simply you get more IVI score with more headshots, while having higher accuracy and lower HS rates mean extremely mediocre IVI scores, like 33 acc and 17HSrate youll get like 500-600ish while with 33HS rate and 20ish accuracy you get like 900+. Its really not relevant statisic, especialy not in this game where reaction time and movement is everything.
    KPMin and infantry KDR is where is where it is while IVI score is only significant if you have it over 1k
  18. salembeats

Every single statistic in this game can be padded.
    You could have a high KDR, accuracy, and headshot rate simply by sitting in small base spawn rooms as you get massively zerged.
    No action at the moment? Log out and preserve your precious stats!
    Stats are more relevant if you aren't playing with stats in mind. They're your resume -- but you still need to be interviewed for someone to understand your on-the-job potential. Nobody hires on resume qualifications alone.
  19. Akeita

More time spent in cloaked state, more time spent recharging ( unless you're stalking another stalker stalking another stalker )

Infiltrator don't need anyone to cover their back, we cover our faction back

Actually, I usually keep track of ppl's stat because I love looking at the killboard :p

Ran over ya cloaked flash once, fun stuff racing with a lightning near xeno tech lab.
  20. salembeats

Lol yeah i know. I don't remember what was going on there, I think I got stuck in a spinout or something after hitting a pebble. XD