new player here...this game is buggy as all hell :(

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by _zero_, Apr 6, 2014.

1. _zero_

Hey guys, I just started playing last night. In the 5 or so hours I have played so far I've had:

-over 10 complete crash to desktop without any error
    -the three times I tried to do the tutorial, everything was grey except UI elements, required a restart of the client
    -about 7 times now while the game was loading it has gotten stuck at 33% every time and just stays there. Doesn't freeze the process but I cant do anything.
    -10 crashes with the generic windows "PS2 has stopped responding" etc.
    -probably some other crap I cant remember

What the hell? I expected better from a game that has been out for so long. I play many other games and have no issues. Is it always like this??

Anything I can do?

• Up x 3
  2. _zero_

Oh what the hell I just checked and after it crashed I just somehow lost the last 30 minutes of play time. AGGHHH -_-
  3. Flamberge

Before anyone can effectively help you, you probably need to post your full computer specs (CPU, GPU, OS, RAM, etc.)
  4. _zero_

Yea, from viewing all the threads with these issues on here and steam I figured it was a pretty common thing recently. The issue is not my computer :/

intel core i7 3770k
    EVGA GTX 660 superclocked
    8GB 1866mhz ripjaw ram
    Windows 7 64 bit pro
  5. _zero_

thanks for your reply :)

...I cant figure out how to make edit post work for some reason..it just shows a white screen
  6. khai

the game is buggy but thats really a lot and your system should be able to handle it unless your trying to play on ultra. only thing I can think of is try validating files. Might be something minor was corrupted.
  7. _zero_

Yea, I am playing on settings appropriate for my system. So far, my performance (other than the crashes) has been quite good. I have vsync and am at a very consistent 60fps. I validated the game 2 times :/ Thanks for your reply
  8. FBVanu

First, WELCOME to Planetside2 and Forumside..

This, from another post, thread..

My response from another thread.. there are numerous about the file deleting and Razer Game..
    there is a thread somewhere that suggest to open the game files, and delete the following:

Planetside2 exe now you have to also delete the new 86/64 which ever it was
    Activity User Data
    Launch Pad User
    Loading Screen
    Input Profile User
    sound settings
    user options
    vivoxoal these now also have a cousin, 64/86 can't remember
    vivoxsdk same here,

I do this after every patch, every time.

After you deleted these files, click on "validate".. it will then reinstall these files

then hit play, it may install some more files.. after that, the game should start.

when you get into the game, you have to reset your personal settings..

This, plus using Razer Game, has improved my game, I still crash, but not as often.

If you are doing this already, sorry I couldn't help.

If are you are not doing this after every patch/update, you really should.

Good luck.
    This has done wonders for me.. it works!
    • Up x 2
  9. FBVanu

One more thing, whatever you do, do NOT, EVER, play PS2 via steam.. lots of threads about that in this forum.
    it really screws with PS2..
    • Up x 2
  10. customer548

Be sure to use the 332.21 Nvidia drivers. They are supposed to be more stable with Ps2. Do not hesitate to down grade your graphic drivers in order to avoid bugs,especially with Nvidia cards.
    Be sure to update DirectX 9,too.
    Try to validate your game files each time a crash occurs (by clicking on the little wrench icon,then "Validate game assets")

Have fun.
    • Up x 2
  11. Octiceps

Welcome to CrashSide/BugSide/GlitchSide/LagSide 2! :D
    • Up x 1
  12. _zero_

Thank you for your post :) What do you mean by razer game? I dont have any razor devices.

And thank you everyone for your replies :)

While I have you here...I hope you dont mind me asking a completely unrelated question :D

Weapon/item unlocks: Pretty confused about this and have found a lot of conflicting information so far. I have gathered that c4 must be bought for each class per character and that the med kits apply to all classes per character..i think. But beyond that, i have no clue. Do weapons have to be bought for each class? (holy god please no). What about if I buy some premium currency...I would hope that if I buy something with real money it unlocks for all classes AND all characters (where applicable of course). please help?
    • Up x 1
  13. _zero_

yes, I researched before I downloaded (have a data limit at home so its important) and with steam you have to download the entire game 2 damn times. plus i hear it is more buggy

Thank you i will try experimenting with drivers
  14. noobindo

Yes
    No

Welcom to forumside! First text based shooter:)
  15. CMOTD

16. FBVanu

If you buy, real money, currency, Station Cash.. if you "buy" an item, it is supposed to be available to ALL classes, on all Characters, on that server.. provided they can carry it. i.e.: you can't buy a rocket launcher for your infiltrator..
    If you "buy", with real money, an SMG.. it is available to all your Characters, on that server. If you have all 3 factions (as you should), your TR, your Vanu and your NC will then have that SMG available to them

However, if you 'unlock' an item, in game, with Certs.. only that one item becomes available for that Character.. so, if you unlock an SMG for your TR character, your Vanu and NC will NOT have that SMG available to them, because you only unlocked it with the Certs for that one Character.. Certs do NOT transfer between characters.. they only accumulate when you play that one character.. ergo, if you use them to unlock something, it is only unlocked for that one character whose certs you used.. (kind of makes sense.. doesn't it?)

I've never spent a dime on this game.. playing since June 2013.. made all my certs in game, usually starting as infiltrator or engineer, and repair a ton of turrets.. easy certs, plus bonus XP for every 4 turrets repaired..
    before you spend any certs, or real money.. take time to learn about the item you want, by watching a bunch of youtube videos.. there are some great guides out there.. (even the old one are still valid.. )
    • Up x 1
  17. FBVanu

Google Razer Game.. watch Youtube video of how to use it..
    it's free.. it prepares the game to utilize the most of your RAM, by diverting ram away from all other background programs that you don't need to run, while playing PS2..

takes 5 min to install.. set up about 5 min.. then your game will last longer, less crashing.. more fps..

nothing to lose.. you can always uninstall if you don't like it..
    it's done wonders for my old computer..
  18. _zero_

Thank you for explaining that! :) Just one thing to clarify: If you buy an item with SC (real money) is it available across any characters you create regardless of server? (seems like it should be).

UPDATE ON CRASHING:

After wasting an unfortunate amount of time trying various things, I experimented with different nvidia drivers and found that driver 332.21 reduced my crashing by about 90% Before I was literally crashing 8-12 times per hour. Now it is once every few hours on average. So apparently planetside 2 works terribly with both new AND old nvidia drivers.
  19. _zero_

...wellll...It was fixed until the 64 bit patch and now it crashes 5 times an hour....screw this :(
  20. Krayus_Korianis

I play on Steam but I don't use the Community thing that has the overlay unless I'm gonna buy something. I have zero problems.