NC15 Phoenix and Fully charged Lancer should be one hit kill

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VanuBangura, Apr 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FigM

Pheonix would be a little too powerful since it's slow and guided

But the Lancer mechanic is cumbersome enough to deserve a 1 shot kill for anyone who manages to land it
  2. Talthos

Fun fact: You can kill a MAX with two fully charged Lancer shots (assuming it isn't receiving repairs from an Engineer). Yeah, two-shot sniping a MAX with a Lancer, satisfying work right there, *grins wickedly*
    • Up x 1
  3. iller

No thanks....

But taking some of the ridiculous Yaw & Speed limiting off the Phoenix would be a good start.
    We're not guiding them through the air, we're guiding them through Molasses currently.

No room for skill on it. Plz allow for skill, SOE. It's not a Mount, and this isn't EQ
    • Up x 2
  4. Kerunian

Only if the striker is returned to how it used to be.
  5. Aractain

Also AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No.

(Unless you want the striker to be a shoulder mounted Fury grenade launcher? No? Okay then.)
  6. Taemien

I don't think you want to make that deal. No one cared about the Striker when those launchers were first released.
  7. p10k56

Phoenix is good as is now. Some range buff maybe but not going to happen. At least if player shoot it crouched he should remain crouched.

Lancer need some armour pierce bonus for every level of charging. Fast spam should be weaker.
    Range reduction to max 400. Sorry but after AV mana nerf this will become new Mancer.
    However some certable at least 1.5x optic will be nice for it cos hitting tank with normal optic on 200m+ ranges is pain.
  8. Dregan

You can stay crouched. Don't use toggle crouch (or if you do keep it pressed down). As long as you keep the crouch button pressed you will remain crouched throughout the flight. This was true at least last time I tested it though granted that was some time ago.

You can't make it explode but you can "get out" just hit whatever dismount button you use (default: E) and you will leave the rocket to continue on its way. Just be warned that the rocket will then start falling with the same drop as most rockets.
  9. JP_Russell

You might say it'll become the

Lanswer

to everything.

Come at me.
    • Up x 5
  10. Prudentia

Get off my Lawn you stupid kid or i'll get you with my Lawnser
    #nextgenpuns #i'llgomyself
    • Up x 2
  11. Stellus

Yes, just what this game needs: MORE ONE-HIT KILLS.
  12. andy_m

I bought the Phoenix a while ago but couldn't use. My head couldn't get around the fact that when I fly I use inverted mouse but for some reason I couldn't apply this to guiding the Phoenix missile.

But since then I have totally given up on flying and so, just this weekend, I wiped the dust off my Phoenix and gave it a go.

And this is where I come onto this topic...

I was in a spawn room, doing the old Spawn Room Warrior thang, and this guy walked in front of me just as I pulled the trigger.

I head shot him, at point black range.

I hit Esc with the intention of apologising for killing him. I looked at the message window, to get the char name, and I could'nt understand why I had not killed him. Really... point blank range, in the head, and he lived. I quickly changed to medic and took his health back to full...

I also managed to kill my first MAX. I had assumed that his health must have been quite low already, but if I am understanding things written in this topic, MAX's do take quite a bit of damage from the Phoenix missile. Is that the case?

I also spent some time hitting infantry but decided to give up as it appeared to be a wast of time. If I want a OHK I might as well dig out my Longshot.

As for tanks... I didn't get one tank kill at all, unless it was unmanned LOL. They seemed to repair faster than I could put missiles into them, so it seems as though you need to be part of a team, all concentrating on the same target. Or perhaps I've still to learn how to use it properly. I did manage to kill a Harrasser, but I think it was already smoking.

I guess, then, that the nerf was fair, given that you are out of the LOS of infantry who cannot counter you. And I don't really mind that, now that I undertand the argument. It just seems a bit weird shooting someone in the head at point blank range and they survive it.

All in all, I did enjoy using it, even though I didn't get many kills/assists with it. I found that I could at least annoy the tankers that were concentrating on the spawn room and it did help to quiet them down a touch.

And I also found it a great help in being able to survey an area too...
    • Up x 1
  13. Stellus

PS1 Striker had dumbfire and could lock onto MAX's.
  14. Kriegson

I'd be happy if they increased range (or had modifications to do so) and perhaps let you control its speed to some degree. Currently it's not much more than a nuisance unless it's in numbers. Comparatively though any other launcher in those numbers would be far more than a nuisance, they would be instagibbing things.
    • Up x 1
  15. lothbrook

Nothing should be able to shoot out of a spawn room, i just fixed the issue of morons sitting in a spawn room thats being camped!
  16. andy_m

*yawn*

that's another topic... I'm sure there are plenty around where you can moan about that :D
  17. FateJH

According to that great table of stuff, they have -50% resistsance to it (so it takes 1.5x damage). Since the model is 0% to do base value damage, all vehicles take greater Phoenix damage, including some that take nearly three times as much damage.
    -50% for the Lancer too.
    Decimators? 25% resistance. Stock? 50% resistance.

Team based game. Memo at the door.

You consider it strange they survived it? How do you think you should have survived shooting something at point blank range?
  18. andy_m

Thanks for the info.

I don't understand this bit:-

Unless you mean that I should also died from the splash damage perhaps?
  19. FateJH

That's just me being bitter. It's silly that you can shoot someone with the same class as same loadout at close proximity as yourself and he dies because he's subject to direct damage and splash damage but you don't die because you're subject only to splash damage.
    That's just game mechanics getting in the way of parity.
  20. Sovereign533

The Phoenix only does 750 damage, but gets a multiplier on armoured targets. This means that the Phoenix does Decimator damage against vehicles (maybe MAXes count as well?)
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.