Nerfing Tank AV Won't Help Infantry

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Deggeh, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Rift23

I dunno, I feel like we need more door-spammers.
  2. Shadowomega

3. Klypto

Why would anyone use stock?

Endgame is more important. I haven't had stock reload speeds since November 2012
  4. Shadowomega

Because you can later shift the data by .5 Seconds. Create the baseline first then adjust for each level of the cert.
  5. Forkyar24

people just need to use their brains, tanks are suppose to be more powerful then infantry
    • Up x 1
  6. EliteEskimo

No it probably won't, before the ultra nerf to the Vulcan it had another resistance change nerf to it which made it significantly worse against aircraft. It was a powerful short range AA weapon against pilots who tried to rocket pod you at low altitudes/angles or against Liberators that tried to Tank Bust you, but nope even before the Ultra nerf the Vulcan lost this AA ability.

In order to fix the Vulcan to make it competitive with the Halberd they would need to undo the Ultra Nerf, and tighten the COF so it becomes a very competitive medium range weapon. I don't think it will become a decent AA weapon at any range , other than against hovering pilots at short range perhaps, unless they change the resist values back which I don't see them doing.
  7. Divinorium

So SOE is doing horrible changes to make the already easy mode infantry gameplay more easy? Tell me more how it never happened.

At this point SOE is just trying to finish the game, or they have the worst "balance" team in the history of gaming. Like seriously, every patch they do:

Break things.
    Break more things.
    Buff something that don't need buff.
    Nerf something that don't need nerf.
    Break more things.

And make jokes. I mean They are paied for that. Just look how RadarX post the patch notes, is one joke after another.
  8. Syrathin

I'd like tanks to have a bit more arc than they do currently, At least on the primary gun.
  9. XXBLACKATTACKXX

What I don't understand is the Saron Buff:eek: that is included in this change.
    So now it does 200 splash damage.
    And its splash radius is now 1 meter up from .5 m.

So SOE is going to make spamming the saron at the ground near the infantry more rewarding than actually aiming.
    It is a hidden skill nerf. Noobs never direct hit w/ it so SOE helps them and the people who LEARN TO USE THE WEAPON get punished.

New strategy with Saron, spam all 6 shots and mac RPM at the ground to get kills.

I don't Understand SOE at all...
    If they wanted to reduce AI abilities, remove splash and add an infantry resistance the weapon so it 2 shooted them. If you get sniped with saron, that is a good player he sure mastered the weapon. Some of my saron gunners can kill infantry at all.
  10. KnightCole

Yeah, except just cuz it isnt specifically designed for killing infantry doesnt mean it should require 30 shots to do so.

3 shots into a single infantry guy? Yeah, that is enough...idc if its AI, AV,AA, AT...

I seriously hate SoE and their "balance" method is to make said item useless against infantry or useless against w/e..

Only time that makes sense is like bullets against a Tank.

But oh, this is a 150mm HEAT round designed to fight tanks...lets make it have 0 blast and do 1 pt to infantry....

What? its designed to kill tanks....
  11. Crackulous

It's a double nerf for the TR. The nerf to the Saron and Enforcer will cause tankers to switch to the Halbred. Then, once the Halbred is nerfed, the TR are the losers, as it's the only secondary that's decent on the Prowler.
  12. Fangry

VS wont change to Halberd (takes to much skill)
    Many NC already using Halberd
  13. Mongychops

I thought they increased the inner splash radius at the same time as decreasing the inner splash damage considerably. I haven't plotted the values, but it seemed to me to be intended to be a change analogous to chopping the top off the cone of a 3D graph of the splash damage profile.
  14. Tuco

Infantry: slowest speed, lowest hitpoints, so easy for enemy tanks/air to flank them, such easy targets.

Too bad we don't have the PS1 AMS. Then we wouldn't need to nerf vehicles, or buff AV.
  15. Calador

I loled when i read the saron nerf.

The real issue is the vanguard Titan HE. It is the one and only tank weapon used by NC cause it easily kills everyhting. Inf, Air, Tanks it doesnt matter. I sometimes wonder where they pull their balance ideas from
  16. Aractain

If any secondary AV weapon should be good at infantry its the Vulcan, but its not. So I don't see why VS and NC should either?

Btw the vulcan buff moves the effective range of the vulcan from 60m to almost 100m!!! As long as the target is a vanguard or similar large target, you will still miss half the shots vs a lightning.
  17. Nikushimi

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  18. MagMourner

I'm very much assuming you don't play VS - you should try the Magrider, default gun or VPC for extreme hilarity. Has a shot arc like a banana. About as powerful too, only a bit slower.

I'm relieved that Vanu are the faction with no bullet drop - if that gun was any worse, it would be in-growing.
  19. iller

.... right, B/c it's hard for your poor widdle Magwwider to get clear of a couple mean nasty infantry when they start to run towards it

oh wait
  20. Klypto

What server are you on that someone is actually using a Titan HE?