The new T7 Mini Chaingun on PTS... Is a nerf.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Owen W., Apr 5, 2014.

1. Hibiki54

Nope.

Let me just put this out there... I HATE TR and TR players, but even I think the MCG looks like a piece of crap. They need to bring it back to the old school look.
    • Up x 2
  2. AdmiralArcher

[IMG]

unless it looks like that.......dont even bother saying anything about the MCG, its not even worth the effort
    • Up x 5
  3. DevDevBooday

Want to finally give the MCG TR traits?

UPGRADE NOW!*

*At the cost of halving magazine size
  4. Meeka

I don't see this as a nerf, in any way.

If you can't tear apart an entire group at 1000+ RPM with 100 bullets in 4-5 seconds, you shouldn't be running with a chain gun to start with.
    • Up x 1
  5. Frosty The Pyro

while I also prefer the underslung aesthetic, there is a reason they made it as it is. That reason being the hight of cover (boxes, chest high walls, railings, etc) is calculated for regular guns to fire over, but the underslung MCG could not fire over them, so they remodeled it to be over slung. It doesn't look as cool, but it was a mechanical buff.
    • Up x 1
  6. asdfPanda

Hell, that could be a feature. If you're using the MCG, you can't fire from cover that only exposes your upper body.
  7. Aractain

It feels odd that we need to give up the only good thing about the MCG, sustain fire to get the DPS it needs to compete after the spinup time. It loses significant damage per magazine even without comparing it to extended mags.

Fix the headshot multiplier so its not gimped when aiming for the head.
    Give it more ammo total because 400 rounds just isn't enough for the MCG gameplay (lots and lots of spray) especially at a reduced damage profile.
    I liked the option of picking between more sustain or better accuracy as a concept, now we have to pick between DPS, accuracy and sustain while the effective range of the gun is lowered to around 30m. There is only one correct answer to that (and yes some people will pick the wrong one because they are delusional).

As for the design, the MCG was always designed as a run and gun assault sprayer/room clearer, the SMG compared the Shotgun. However SOE have never been able to get it right, this time they got a bit closer but still haven't hit it yet like they did with the jackhammer and lasher.
    • Up x 2
  8. Crackulous

Disregarding aesthetics, I honestly don't see how this change isn't for the better. The tradeoff is a definite benefit for its niche.
  9. FABIIK

Aim Down Sights ?

With a Minigun ?

LOL
  10. Catch23

whats the ROF for the first 15 bullets now?

(sorry for asking, can't get the test server running anymore due to some error code. reinstall wont help)
  11. Bruno Puntz Jones

Why did they take away the shotgun reticle? That's just dumb.
  12. Moz

About times this gun took a nerf.
  13. SuperMedicated

125 damage with 1k+ ROF? so you still want an op gun right?
    • Up x 1
  14. BillBoBaggins

TR always whining. Gotta be glad you don't have to put up with trash VS always seem to get.
    • Up x 1
  15. QQlazors

Incorrect. A MAX has 80% damage resist to small arms AND 2000 health. It would kill a MAX in around 4 seconds.
  16. Zotamedu

SOE, go play heavy in TF2 for awhile. See what they did with the chaingun. Please steal that mechanic and make an interesting gun.
    • Up x 1