Can we lock Indar for a month please ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Owen W., Apr 6, 2014.

1. Owen W.

I am serious. The amount of activity on Indar is currently triple that of Amerish and Esamir combined... At least on Miller when there are no alerts happening on the latter continents.

I also have another worry: that is that Hossin will be released, and it will only ever be played on during alerts...

I say: DOWN WITH INDARSIDE ! LET US COMMENCE HOSSINSIDE :p

But seriously, can someone come up with a better solution to Indarside than just locking Indar ?

firefalcon124.
    • Up x 1
  2. gigastar

Didnt you make this thread already?
    • Up x 2
  3. Owen W.

Erm... No...

Somebody else might have... I dunno ^^
  4. LibertyRevolution

Indar needs a complete remake..
    It has twice as many bases as the other 2 maps, and most of its bases are lopsided farms..
    They need to bring it more in line with the other 2 maps.

A good start would be deleting the entire north half the map.
    Then just stretch out the bottom half to make the map the same size.

No more indar Ex, no more Quartz ridge, no more howling pass, no more coramed labs, no more abandoned offices.

Then get rid of the 2 plateau bases of vanu archives and scarred mesa skydock, just flatten them, put them on the ground.

It would be a much better map without all that farmland.
    • Up x 3
  5. Fangry

Doubt SOE is willing to shoot them self in the foot willingly

Indar is the most played cont cause its varied and good for any vehicle or infantry
    Amerish: Barely see a difference anywhere, its all green and so many hills its almost undriveable, takes ages to get to bases that is neighbours, infantry and air dominated
    Esamir: unrealistic fog everywhere with a view distance so pathetic I avoid that cont like the plague
  6. zukhov

Well, its a fact the Indar is the most popular continent on Miller. But you can also easily get good fights on the other conts if you can be bothered.
  7. AzureKnight

It's why I'm against continent locking besides the queues that currently happen. Since people never leave Indar, it will be near impossible to lock. What's gonna end up happening is, when Hossin is ever released, Hossin will have a huge zerg for 1-2 months. it will remain open. Aerish and Esamir will be locked within a day of the system being introduced due to ghost cappers and the random 48+ zergs. Indar may get locked when Hossin is new, but that's the only time it's likely to.

After Hossin has been out for a while, Amerish and Esamir will be continuously locked and Hossin will be the last standing between Hossin, Amerish and Esamir due to it being the newest but it will get locked as well.

So, all continent will get locked and Indar will remain unlocked and everyone will be back there.

A temporary solution to this would be drop podding people randomly to a random continent and battle every time they log in similar to how it use to be. Not this current crap of "Select your battle". For new players, this would be after the tutorial mission. This will give more population to the continent and those that want to switch can easily switch continents after they die or redeploy.
  8. Fangry

PS1 conts is more versatile and the least played cont is most likely ceryshen, because of all the cliffs, much like Amerish
    Esamir is a decent cont in PS1
  9. Gambitual

I agree that a few of the bases could be deleted. However, I want to keep Quartz Ridge. The open pass between it and the base north of it is AMAZING for true vehicle combat. I had fun destroying lots of tanks in a Quartz Ridge AV turret.

Also, you do realize that flattening Vanu Archives and Scarred Mesa Skydock would make more "farmland".
  10. Robes

I like making people play the way i want them to too.
  11. Tobax

Or they could actually add the proper meta game to get people moving around on their own instead of trying to force people.
    • Up x 1
  12. CptSundancer

Eh, yeah. I really like Amerish, possibly because I never seem to run out of resources <3 Although Sub. Nanite is a trial. Mainly because it's a pain in the auraxium to take, so it becomes a required point to defend (similar to Crossroads, Vanu archives, etc.)

I feel the reason people never leave Indar is both because it's what they know, and because there's very little incentive for the North Warp gate resident to do so. That puts 1/3 the population on Indar. Combine in the perceived better benefit of -10% infantry resources, and people become very reluctant to let any other faction own Indar.
    • Up x 1
  13. GaBeRock

Don't worry. Once intercontinental lattice comes, in tr will probably get indar. Since tr is getting buffed, they'll always hold their own continent, so all the fights can happen on esamir, hossin, or amerish.
  14. Codex561

That was Pikachu, the hero of forumside!
    • Up x 1
  15. Crackulous

I doubt Hossin will make a difference. Home is where the farm is, and Indar is our farm.
    • Up x 1
  16. Fangry

TR getting buffed? ROFLMAO
  17. Kristan

*chanting*
    Oshur! Oshur! Oshur! Oshur!...
  18. Darabi

19. Eyeklops

I would love this. Sick of Indar, Amerish is superior in just about every way. Yes, even vehicle combat is better there (IMO).
  20. Taemien

Indar is Premium Only.

Fixed.