[Suggestion] Hire the handicapped. We're fun to watch.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChUnKiFieR, Apr 6, 2014.

1. ChUnKiFieR

(And yes I am physically handicapped myself.)

Where to start. First off there needs to be an option to toggle off that annoying women and her constant nagging. I can get that at home in real life for free. I come to Planetside 2 to get away from that stuff. The information she offers doesn't even tell you which control point is being taken or lost, "A", "B", "C" or "D" and she talks way too much.

Second, How about a way to toggle on or off the automatic mission objectives. That teal green and purple waypoint icon on the screen is just one screen icon too many for me. All it does anyway is create Zergs where few people are able to get kills and the rest of us just drive around. This breeds team killing out of boredom from not being able to find enemies to kill.

Thirdly, We need an option to turn off portions or all the voices our characters say in game. Voices can be heard for quite a distance and if you're a sniper quiet is key. Same goes for an engineer giving an ammo pack to a sniper. Does the enemy need to hear us say, "I've got ammo for you" every time we drop an ammo pack? Why not have engineers shoot off a flair at the same time that spells out in the sky "We're over here"! Oh wait we already do that too by showing where the locations kill shots are coming from in the death screen. Brilliant! Btw, what's the point in buying camo's if they can see from where the shot came?

Lastly, how long does it take to get the safeties turned back on at the warp gates? It's been weeks. The team killing morons are seriously messing up peoples kill death ratios. Not to mention the loss in resources when some team killing idiot C-4's your bird or vehicle inside the warp gate.

IMHO, SOE needs to concentrate a little more on what the players want and less on what the bean counters want or there won't be a game from which to squeeze any money. And how about moving that great big orange nag button away from the green resupply button hoping for an accidental click leading to a membership payment. We aren't that ignorant out here and it makes SOE look desperate and the game as if it's becoming passé.

I truly love this game and I already fear the day it goes offline.

Sincerely,

Zizex
    • Up x 1
  2. ShiftedMotive

1. Enemies cannot hear your voice callouts.
    2. This isn't a P2W game.

3. It ain't easy.

On the bright side your first two points make sense.
    • Up x 1
  3. Fangry

The disabled wanting features made for the disabled, to be disabled...
    (No offense..)
  4. Ned

I'm confused, what does all that have to do with being handicapped?
    • Up x 1
  5. CptSundancer

FIrst two points I can see and agree with.

Third point though...
    The point of hitting Q is to spot. You're spotting enemies for your allies. How are you conveying this information aside from "nanites"? The tradeoff from making a dorito appear above that enemies head is giving your position away. Seems fair to me.

Last point, can't blame you. I've not been playing much at primetime, but I imagine it can be pretty bad.
  6. Codex561

Ahahaha... no not really, that stuff aint for handicaps.
  7. ChUnKiFieR

I don't know about others but I don't "Q" spot enemies when I'm sniping. Those voices can be heard for many many meters. So please don't crouch next to me when your sniping if you're "Q"-ing. I care about my kill death ratio.

The handicapped thing is just a personal joke but I kinda feel it also relates to my character as the game keeps changing and not always for the better. Most times for the better but not always.
  8. ChUnKiFieR

You sure about that? As a stalker cloaker I often hear enemy call-outs. I could be wrong but I don't always read up on the changes in detail.
  9. Tropopyte

Enemies CAN hear all the "V" call-outs u initiate yourself. But the automatic call-outs that have been added like a month or two ago, the enemy CANNOT hear.