[Upcoming Patch] Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mianera, Apr 5, 2014.

1. TheFamilyGhost

Ah yes, because weapon performance has nothing to do with the shooter or the target.

Its very sad to see weapon performance based on the amount of actual or potential crying instead of an immutable law of physics.
  2. Suicide Trooper

Lynx was ****. Is **** and will be **** even with RoF. Its problems are not RoF related.
  3. JudgeDeath

I see no magrider maingun improvements on the list.

Nor a VS/NS burst pistol.

Or that NS MBT.

Oh and hell no "Knife running"
    • Up x 2
  4. Aesir

You do not want the NS Colossus, it's to big, it actually doesn't even fit through most smaller outposts ... now imagen everyone sitting in one of these ... they are wider than two Sundy's next to each other ... it's like a freaking Baneblade ... and it will probably still die to two C4 ...
  5. Bankrotas

They were accuracy related, yes?
  6. TheMercator

No, they were probably shooter related.
  7. Kriegson

So much this.

I know people love to crunch numbers and point out that X is statistically superior to Y, but they often overlook things like ease of use or versatility.

IE Enforcer VS halberd. Halberd likely has superior DPS but if you miss a single shot the enforcer outpaces it by far when missing a shot or two. Cannister VS kobalt is a matter of burst dmg. Do you want to suddenly pop around a corner and waste some fools with your vehicle mounted shotgun? Or do you want to have more sustained fire for pinning down and more easily hitting enemies at longer distances?
  8. Being@RT

What's the difference in TTK compared to commissioner+quickknife?
  9. MarkAntony

well commissioner and knife is almost instant. but honestly I'd say the two were pretty much the same.

Keep in mind I haven't done any timed testing and it may have been unintended and is already patched out but when i did play around with it a little it seemed like there was pretty much no delay. meaning if you knife the first time and let that animation play you can knife a second time instantly.
    If it stays in I'm gonna have some fun with stalker cloak + knife.
  10. Being@RT

The actual reason for them coding in held knives?

Monetization. They will sell more melee weapons in the future, including black and gold bladed ones.
  11. MarkAntony

and there is nothing wrong with that. so long as they aren't more powerful then the ones you get through certs.
  12. Regpuppy

Virtually the same, except you're able to chain even more quick knife hits afterwords and you get to use your primary fire button (left mouse) to do the knife hits. Shielded HA or multiple targets favors the equipped knife. It's also much quieter and you shouldn't show up on the radar.

Oh yeah, infinite ammo in the magazine. Wait for the inevitable infil-knife-kill-streak frag movies.
  13. IamDH

The basilisk was legit strong against ESFs

I'm actually happy with the knife changes. Keeping both was a great idea
  14. Teegeeack

I predict blah de blah de blah de blah derp derp herp duh
  15. IamDH

Interesting insight
  16. Mianera

Haha xD
    • Up x 1
  17. Scr1nRusher

I know this doesn't relate to the patchnotes, but which ESF is the fastest at racer chass 3? or do all of them have the same speeds?
  18. Mianera

I believe the Mosq is as it is in general faster than the other ESF.
  19. GaBeRock

Mosquito should still be fastest, I'm pretty sure the base cruise is more than ten kph than the others.
  20. Scr1nRusher

^ no wonder why my racer chass 3 Flying brick Can't escape from a mosquito even with max afterburner. :(