The new T7 Mini Chaingun on the test server... Needs a few changes.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Owen W., Apr 5, 2014.

1. Owen W.

Original post: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...new-t7-mini-chaingun-on-pts-is-a-nerf.181451/

Ok, it seems loads of people disagreed with what I said. Fine. Here's a few things I gathered on what people wanted to see the T7 Mini Chaingun become:

1. The new "Rate of Fire overclock" attachment needs to be turned into a barrel attachment. This way we can keep our extended mags.

2. Loads of people don't seem to mind the stupidly large ADS cone of fire... Which doesn't grow if you stay ADS... Myeah... I still don't like it personally, but I can deal with that.

3. A 0.75x ADS speed multiplier would be nice.

4. LESS SPIN UP TIME ! This still kills the weapon's CQC ability so much !

firefalcon124
    • Up x 4
  2. Owen W.

Bump. For the sake of my (barely existent) reputation on this forum, I say BUMP.
    • Up x 1
  3. G.O.A.T

Why in the hell did you people cry about the MCG?

We had the best Empire Heavy gun in the game.

It dominated in close distance, sure shotguns gives us problems but they give problems to everybody....

It dominated in Close to medium distance..not sure what to call this distance but it's the distance where it's a little bit out of hipfire range.

If you were a very good shot, you could do some damage at medium distance but clearly not the best gun for that.

The high RoF is not worth not having the little dot(.) when we ADS...Sorry it's not.

The gun was perfect.

Now we have to have an attachement for 1000 RoF.....Sacrificing, laser sight which I find more useful than extended mag.

Once again ForumSide ruins another great gun.....and screws over TR with it's whining, sad thing is that it was whinning from TR asking for higher RoF.
  4. Frostiken

• Up x 3
  5. Takoita

I'm pretty sure you don't play the same game we do. And Jackhammer performs the best out of ES 'heavy specials' by a pretty big margin.
    • Up x 2
  6. Paperlamp

I vote they turn into a shotgun. With a spin up time. It will be a hilarious troll weapon.
    • Up x 3
  7. minhalexus

The FART reduces the spin up timer, at least that's how it felt to me.
    • Up x 1
  8. Aractain

It speeds up faster because it has to get to a faster rof in the same time frame. They could have made it specifically faster also to go along with the probably 125 damage it changes it to.
  9. G.O.A.T

Except it doesn't.

In hipfire range MCG destroys any gun except for shotguns which includes jackhammers, but shotguns are OP at that range...I could still take em on however.

MCG destroys in out of hip fire range and meduim distance because you literally have a little dot where your bullets go to.

MCG is also decent in meduim distance range, not the best gun for that but it's allright if you know how to shoot.

jackhammer sucks in anything outside of hipfire range.
  10. R6xSNAKExBOXESx

Why don't they just make it so the ROF attachment creates the whole max bloom thing (also have it on the barrel) and perhaps a clip change when you have it on but that one idk about. I do know the attachment making the bloom like it is forcefully right now on the PTS an option would be amazing. You can change the role of the weapon between 2 options depending on what you want. :D
  11. twinShield

It does?? How? I kill faster with my EM6, even at close range, larger clip and no dps gap problems either.
  12. IamDH

Name one thing the MCG can do that the Carv cant
    He was comparing it to the MCG and lasher, not normal heavy weapons.
  13. KnightCole

Carry an Exmag :D

But seriously, besides that, the CARV is really the best TR LMG.
    • Up x 1
  14. OldMaster80

Imho the idea to create a separate attachment is not that good: the distinctive trait of the MCG was the possiblity to sustain fire like no other weapon in the game. If players are forced to trade the mag size for more ammo velocity what kind of weapon will be?
  15. G.O.A.T

It's better in hipfire combat....slightly better but it's better.

Dominates in out of hipfire range and mid range...not sure what that range is called but it's right when hipfire isn't viable....I know for a fact that the MCG destroys the Carv in that range with the little dot of accuracy.
  16. IamDH

I will admit it is actually better in that aspect but it is sort of negated by the slow RoF at the start.
  17. Norbeb

Why dont thay give us MCG form ps1
  18. Baracuda

Just gonna repeat myself, the guns DPS on PTS is broken as all hell at 2383 per second on full spin. And if my memory is correct then that is enough to drop a max in under 2 seconds
  19. Mxiter

Doesn't maxes have 10.000HP against bullets and even more with kinetic?
  20. Roll Fizzlebeef

1 - No.
    2 - The pin-point accuracy while ADS was stupid anyway.
    3 - No.
    4 - No.

The new MCG with the overclock seems amazing to me. I will wait until new updated stats are released before I consider changing my mind.

In short, you're asking for a more accurate 200 round HMG that fires 1000+ RPM with a .75x ADS movement penalty and high ADS accuracy.

Solid idea, bro.