Why Can't I Run Ultra Graphics?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Irish Breakfast, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Irish Breakfast

Specs

Processor: 1.9 GHz AMD A4-3305M
    Memory: 4GB RAM
    Hard Drive: 640 GB (133 currently free)
    Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6480G

Just figured I should be able to run smoothly at higher than Very Low graphics settings. Is there any reason I can't? If so, what should I do about it?
  2. Interlude

I'm surprised you can even run the game. You should upgrade your PC.

Minimum:
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 or higher / AMD Phenom II X2 or higher
    RAM: 4 GB
    Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 series or higher / AMD or ATI 4850 series or higher
    Sound Card: Yes
    Free Disk Space: 15 GB

Recommended:
    CPU: Intel i5 processor or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
    RAM: 8 GB
    Video Card: nVidia GeForce 500 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
    Sound Card: Yes
    Free Disk Space: 15 GB
  3. ToastyMan

Your PC is a bit weak for this game, get 8 gigs of RAM to start off. Also upgrade your CPU and Graphics Card.
  4. Rockstone

You must be trolling. Who thinks an AMD Radeon HD 6480G is anywhere near a decent card? That's a mobile card... upgrade it if you can.
  5. TheAppl3

Low-budget laptop does not equal ultra graphics. It's very impressive that you can run smoothly even on very low settings with that.

Your reason is a severely under-powered computer.

What you can do about it is get a better one.
    • Up x 2
  6. Irish Breakfast

Wow. I'm trying to decide if i'm annoyed that I'll have to save up a bunch of cash for an Alienware or some such thing, or to be proud that my faithful laptop has made it this far.
  7. Puredeathnight

Or you could get a desktop... they are potentially cheaper and can be upgraded easier.
  8. HotPepperDelivery

Alienware is rip off, build your own save ya money, just get i7-4770k + EVGA GTX 780 SC with ACX cooler and Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero Motherboard + Corsair 900D case BAMP YA GOT A BEAST PC PLUS WITH BIGGEST CASE FOR CUSTOM WATER COOLING OR MORE FANS!
    • Up x 1
  9. TheAppl3

A $3,000 Alienscam laptop or desktop is equivalent to a $1400 laptop or a $900-1100 DIY desktop. Don't get ripped off.

4670k + 8GB RAM + GTX 770 + Seasonic PSU + non-ridiculous decent motherboard = great gaming PC for today.
  10. Paulus

Why the blinkered devotion to laptops? Gaming is significantly more cost and performance per dollar effective with a desktop.
  11. TheTickles

Build your own desktop computer and use the money you saved to get yourself a tablet for when your on the move.
  12. Smagjus

You should except to run ultra on any laptop.
  13. TSR AlexS Customer Service

The others are correct. Your system unfortunately is below the minimum specs to run the game. Please be sure to read the knowledge base below to learn what system is needed to play:

Answer Title: [PS2] Recommended System Specs
    Answer Link: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35012
  14. BlackDove