NS-11C vs NS-7 PDW

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Night, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Night

So I bought myselves the NS-11C to use at range with my LA. Then I notice the SMG is actually better. Whats up with that? Am I missing something? The SMG is better both close and mid range... Except for the speed of the bloom I guess...

SMG DPM: 93750 at 15m. DPM: 75000 at 65m
    Carbine DPM: 93236 at 10m. DPM: 73024 at 60m
  2. Gundem

I think the 11C has a x75% movement multiplier, whereas the PDW has only x50%.

Otherwise, I don't really know... I'd have to look at the stats. Perhaps a better DPS?
  3. Night

All NS weapons had 0.75% ADS movement. DPM is Damage per minute... SMG is better.
  4. Iridar51

It's the exact opposite. NS-11C is better in every way except for hip-fire bloom of NS-7.
    Yes, NS-7 has higher DPS. It kills whopping 0.008 seconds faster. Go figure if that's important.
    Both NS-7 and NS-11C need to be used as precision weapons due to lower than average DPS, but only the NS-11C has actual CoF/recoil stats to be effective in that role, not to mention that NS-11C has higher damage per magazine.
    NS-7 is basically a downgraded NS-11C for infiltrators.

All SMGs and NS small arms have 0.75x multiplier.
    • Up x 1
  5. Nanomorph

I can't imagine why you would even want to use the NS-11C.

Damage per shot is more important than rof imho.

Plus the NS-11C is trash compared to TR and VS carbines.
  6. lilleAllan

Hmm it's the only NC/VS carbine that gets the 0.75x ADS move speed. That's really what it has going for it imo.
    • Up x 1
  7. Mongychops

• Damage per magazine is higher on the NS-11C
    • Both short and long reload speeds faster on NS-11C (despite the higher damage per mag)
    • Random horizontal recoil (which limits effective range) is higher on NS-7
    • Starting ADS accuracy is higher on NS-11C (especially when stationary)
    • ADS bloom per unit damage while ADS is lower on NS-11C.
    • Bullet velocity is significantly different, 12.5% higher on the NS-11C. When velocities are this low (and lowered further by SPA), this actually matters.
    • It is my understanding (I may be wrong), that theoretical TTK is pretty much the same at most ranges, because the NS-11C requires 1 less bullet, and so, has fewer firing delays. See below.
    At Under 10m (15m with SPA)
    NS-11C: 60 s / 652 RPM = 0.092025 s between shots, 7 shots to kill, so 6 x time between shots: 6 x 0.09025 s = 0.552 s

NS-7 PDW: 60 s / 750 RPM = 0.08 s between shots, 8 shots to kill, so 7 x time between shots: 7 x 0.08 s = 0.560 s

It is so close, that other factors are far more significant in 99% of situations.

The only REALLY significant advantage of the NS-7 is the hipfire. The NS-7 has; better hipfire CoF both standing and moving, access to an advanced laser sight, and its hipfire bloom is the same as ADS (it is double on non SMGs).
    • Up x 1
  8. Bankrotas

Can I note, that NS-7 PDW has it's max damage up to 15 meters without SPA, and SPA increases it by 6 more. Ergo 21 meter max damage range.

Other than that, smg's are picked for their hip fire accuracy. And thing about hip fire accuracy, you move at 1 speed, not 0,75x.
  9. Niller

Didn't you quit PS2? Or am I wrong?
  10. Iridar51

PS2 is like a naggy girlfriend to me. We hate each other, but can't afford separate appartments, so we continue to live together, pretending to not notice each other.

PS2 is much more addictive than I expected, and no other game fills the role of MMOFPS quite right. MMO games are notorious for being hard to quit.

After I announced my leave from PS2 I ended up with lots of spare time on my hands, so sometimes I'm getting so bored that I hop into forums/game. You may still see me here from time to time, however I'm but a shadow of former self, and far from being a prominent LA figure, leading from the frontier.
  11. Niller

Oh well, I was hoping you were going to keep the LA guide updated :(

There is nothing wrong with taking a break from a game though, I took an almost 6 months break completely from ps2, then I came back after the PU updates. I never hated/felt the game was bad/broken doing that time, I just didn't feel like playing it. And you are right no other game really fills the role of PS2, that's what I love about it, and why I think its amazing what SoE have done with this game.
  12. Iridar51

Maybe I will one day, I like writing.
    It really is a good time to take a break right now, core features are being developed, and the game engine needs to be polished. Railjack still has broken bolt cycling animation; something that shouldn't have even made it to live servers, let alone stay on them for a month.
    Sadly, lack of competition for PS2 means that devs can get away with **** like that quite easily.
    • Up x 1
  13. John_Aitc

Glad to have you back in the game. There is nothing wrong with taking the occasional break when something IRL comes up or another game catches your eye. Have fun while you play and hit pause when the fun stops.
  14. Niller

My favourite game is TF2, it have had many bugs that was in there for months. I still love the game though. The same thing can be said with PS2. They do work on the really gamebreaking bugs (atleast those I have noticed)

Otherwise yes, they should fix the animations on the railjack.
  15. LownWolfe

TF2 is my favorite Hat Simulator game
  16. cruczi

Hat simulator...? PS2 simulates what it's like to be a hat?

Surely you mean hat wearing simulator.
  17. LownWolfe

No, you are a pile of hats
    [IMG]
  18. Reiyan

NS-7 for sure, giving it's able to get accessed by all your classes (and if buying with SC, across factions)
  19. Prudentia

The NS7 has a distinct advantage over the NS11C:
    It's good at the range it's designed for
    The NS11C has a low firerate, low damage, low accuracy
    The NS7 has a low firerate, low damage and good accuracy
    The only good thing the NS11C has is 35 bullets. it allows it to actually kill a single person per magazin before you have to reload.
  20. Iridar51

Let's take this a step further:

Vertical Recoil
    NS-11C: 0.22
    recoil per second: 652 * 0.22 / 60 = 2.39
    NS-7: 0.2
    recoil per second: 750 * 0.2 / 60 = 2.5

Horizontal Recoil
    NS-11C: 0.2/0.2
    NS-7: 0.2485/0.2485

FSRM
    NS-11C: 3x
    NS-7: 1.5x

Recoil Angle
    NS-11C: -20/-17
    variance: 3 degrees
    NS-7: -19/-12.25
    varance: 6.75 degrees

Hip fire CoF in order stand still, stand move
    NS-11C: 1, 1.5
    NS-7: 1, 1.25

ADS CoF, in order crouch still, crouch move, stand still, stand move:
    NS-11C: 0.1, 0.15, 0.1, 0.25
    NS-7: 0.3, 0.3, 0.3, 0.3

CoF Bloom, ADS and hip
    NS-11C: 0.05 and 0.1
    NS-7: 0.05 and 0.05

Bullet speed:
    NS-11C: 450
    NS-7: 400

CoF size after shooting bullets to kill (assuming SPA on NS-11C) at 15 meters in ADS stand move:
    NS-11C: 7 * 0.05 + 0.25 = 0.6
    NS-7: 8 * 0.05 + 0.3 = 0.7

CoF size after shooting BTK (assuming SPA) at 15 meters in hip stand move:
    NS-11C: 7 * 0.1 + 1.5 = 2.2
    NS-7: 8 * 0.05 + 1.25 = 1.65
    That's without taking into account advanced laser sights NS-7 has access to, which dramatically reduce starting hip fire CoFs.

So I guess I went through a lot of trouble to establish an obvious point: NS-7 has better hip fire, while NS-11C has better ADS accuracy.
    Another curious fact about NS-7 is that it's as accurate in stand move ADS as it is in crouch still ADS, so you don't lose out on any accuracy while moving.
    But NS-11C has more accurate ADS in all stances regardless.