What are the non-cheating ways to find a cloaked infiltrator?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by smokemaker, Apr 2, 2014.

1. TheRunDown

Headphones (5.1 Headphones) You can hear Foot steps and the Cloaking and Uncloaking sounds a mile away!
    • Up x 1
  2. RealityWarrior

Scout radar sees everything. Moving or not. Cloaked or not.
    • Up x 1
  3. RealityWarrior

No

Lightning and MBT also have Proximity Radar. Helpful for watching out for the C4 fairy as well but only works for people sitting inside the tank that has it.

Scout radar works for everyone on your team
    • Up x 2
  4. RealityWarrior

to the Op I had the same thing happen to me. I was confused too. Sitting still, cloaked, guy rounds the corner Studder steps then shoots me. I had a outfit member that plays mainly Infiltrator tell me that SOMETIME your helmet doesn't cloak and there is no way to know when that happens.
    • Up x 1
  5. Rellenar

Proximity Radar also only shows moving enemies (and AFAIK they can move while crouching and remain undetected). Scout Radar shows enemies even if they aren't moving and is great for finding infiltrators and other sneaky people, though it only works while the vehicle is occupied now (no more leaving Flashes around as portable radar installations).

I have not seen any flying helmets that I recall. Not to say it doesn't happen, but I'd think the most likely explanation is they saw the cloaking distortion against whatever background was available.
    • Up x 1
  6. hostilechild

This isn't completely true. Maybe a bug, but i have ran past a cloaked infil not seeing them (like they could knife me range) turn to look side/behind me and suddenly see the outline of the cloaker faintly a few meters away. Shoot them and they cry wtf cheater. As you can see them when they turn but sit stationary, it seems you can sometimes cause the same effect if you turn quickly towards them. Or maybe an esf flew over at that time. Still was odd.

Have also killed ones not moving (assuming they only thought they had stalker cloak or a lighting bug) as they were pretty visible glowing outline in the corner. maybe shadow/lighting effect issue.

Sadly, render issues cause me more problems than cloak. Sometimes regulary cloakers running only appear in front of me 5m out or worse the MAX that i see only after i am inside his punch range. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  7. GoyoElGringo

I guess it's possible that they moved and caused the deep cloak shimmer to be more apparent, or maybe they weren't even in deep cloak. It's also possible that it is still glitchy. Like you said, the glowing effect is probably one of them.

I'd like to see footage of a stalker in deep cloak and not moving. I can't seem to find footage of that anywhere.

Edit: just found this video that shows the head/gun bug, but also shows how invisible a stalker in deep cloak is supposed to be. I'm pretty sure no one can spot that with the naked eye unless the move or are bugged.
    • Up x 1
  8. Ronin Oni

Scout radar spots ALL enemy targets in range, moving or not, cloaked or not.

It can ONLY be equipped on ESF's and the Flash and the vehicle must be manned for it to be functional.

Prox Radar works kinda the same actually, EXCEPT only vehicle occupants see the dots... but that lightning with the spinning stick on it's back is pretty well geared for finding and killing you. All other vehicles (I think? Nearly all at least) have access to Prox Radar instead of Scout.

Scout is FAR more dangerous since it lights you up for the whole bloody faction.

Personally I love flying around in my Scout ESF builds... particularly with PPA anti-infantry nosegun.

Hilltop snipers HATE me in that thing XD
    • Up x 1
  9. Fangry

Scout Radar is OP