x64 Client Crashes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dargadon, Apr 2, 2014.

1. nitram1000

Why was it pushed to live with blatant problems?
  2. Raxxyl Ryan "Raxxyl" Wells

We're going to roll back the 64 bit client and leave in the 32 bit client for the moment. Working on that now...

Unfortunately, the 64 bit client is causing an issue we don't have a quick fix for. For reasons we're not sure of yet, it's much more prevalent with a higher load and that's just not something we have on our Test Server often.

As always, thank you for your patience.
    • Up x 6
  3. LCTR

Thanks for the update.

Is this roll-back expected to fix the seemingly non-load-based crashing (and non-starting) that other players are seeing?
  4. Wezdor

Thanks for letting us know and taking the time to have a second look at all of this. Much better choice than leaving it in broken for a longer period of time

Hopefully it will prove to be a simple fix (it never is though :()
  5. Wobberjockey

awww. i didn't get a chance to see if it was any improvement yet :(

still, stability is best.
  6. ongo

game was smooth and stable before patch, now freezes after some time ingame. updating and launching worked fine for me.

amd fx 6350
    radeon hd 6800
    8gb ram 1800mhz
    win 8.1 x64 with all updates, catalyst 13.12
    not using steam and no problems with firewall or avg
  7. LittleBlackRainCloud

I have been "patched" out of the game like everyone else.
    • Up x 1
  8. dublinjonny

crashing every 15-20 minutes , I honestly would have never spent a cent on this game if I knew this is what was going to happen . I honestly cannot think of a game that been around for this amount of time with this many issues , just like MAG another game almost a carbon copy to what went with pointless and rubbish updates. Is there no testing / QQ carried out before the updates are patched ? I cannot believe something as obvious as the 64x client crashing could not have been found .

This rush to update needs to go away , I would gladly wait weeks / months for an update as long as it was fully tested
    • Up x 1
  9. Lewbio

My launcher removed the 32 and 64 biut executables and replaced with a standard planetside2 (32bit) execuable.

I logged back in and experienced some performance/lag/desync? issues. Uploading a quick vid to youtube now taking a while to upload though.
  10. Elkybam

Perfect. Just another patch day going live.

Yay........
  11. Lewbio

this is what happened within the 1st minute of play after the standardised executable:
  12. MajiinBuu

I haven't crashed once yet :p
  13. user101

When x64 went live - I noticed a little more jerking in the graphics than on the test server. Not enough not to play the game. I felt like some of the players had an unfair advantage and were OP for average play. Did not see this with the 32 bit version.

I think x64 would run better with directx 11 fully installed at this point.
  14. DieHard2Live3

Thanks for the update.

But maybe it's best to encourage more players to join the test server to test whether the client is able to handle huge loads.

I don't know. Maybe an exclusive item for players who join the test server before a specific date?
    • Up x 1
  15. Kerunian

Organize events with unique and epic rewards for participation AND winning.
    • Up x 1
  16. Broadside88

Still having crashes. After anything between 15 to 30 minutes of play the game either freezes (audio continues to work) or crashes to desktop without an error.

Win 8.1 64bit.
    I5 3.6Ghz
    8Gb Ram
    GTX 770
  17. Goretzu

What's your specs?
  18. Goretzu

I have that driver, the game still regularly CTD.
  19. eldarfalcongravtank

the x64 client gave me a solid +10fps more! but i could only play for one hour before the game crashed with "ps2 stopped working":(
  20. Undyingghost89

I played two hours yesterday on x64 and didnt have any crash, played two hours today on 32 no crash, performance is bad but no crashes here.

Blame nvidia people, AMD dont have these problems.