New Reaver "Art" is Terrible, Please Do no Implement.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DorianOmega, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Aesir

Is it me or is it like a bit shorter on the fuselage? If you look at the front half. Also, there is more "detail" added to it, which looks like they want to add "fuselage"-style cosmetics to it, similar to the Gal ...

So the Reaver redesign main reason is $ or what? Or am I guessing wrong here?
  2. Hosp

I'm ok with the grey. But the saturation of the blue and yellow is a bit much.
  3. libbmaster

It looks like they are giving it the NS treatment...

...Return of the common pool reaver?! :eek: (Pure speculation, of course. Is there anything else on forumside?)

Also, the pictures Doom posed look Higby epic! The reaver looks like an actual military vehicle now.

If they could just give the mossi and it's cherry red intakes the same treatment... :p
    • Up x 1
  4. nubery

I like it but give us the option to equip the old style. Options! Get rid of the stupid white on the bottom, I want full came coverage.
  5. -Synapse-

. . . Does nobody remember the Scythe and Magrider change? That turned out fine, as will this.
    • Up x 2
  6. Xeenos

I also like the gunmetal grey with a splash of NC colors. It looks a lot better, i love the look on the mech so far, wish they would do the vanny.
    • Up x 1
  7. MasonSTL

Yeah I like the grey too. Looks more rugged.
  8. Xervous

I'm just curious as to how it might affect camo coverage...
  9. Doomzzg

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  10. Cromell

I think new camo coverage looks great.
    • Up x 1
  11. Emotitron

It is a better physical model. Textures will be constantly getting tweaked I'm sure.
    • Up x 1
  12. Degenatron

I looks good to me.

Also, I'd be willing to bet that this is a step towards the 3rd UV channel update T-Ray was talking about on "Inside Player Studio". Basically, it means large decals that can cover the whole vehicle. Think "shark mouth" on the nose, or a "flame job" down the sides and wings. Things like that are fast approaching and I'll bet this is a part of the preliminary work for that.

The placement of the NC colors then makes sense as it puts them out of the way of most decals you would want to put on the vehicle.
    • Up x 1
  13. nubery

I like it.
    • Up x 1
  14. libbmaster

Daarrrrrn that looks beautiful!

The camo coverage is great...
  15. user101

Bulls-eye on aircraft to shoot at... yes better aim for killing Reaver's being a TR that sound good to me.
  16. WyrdHarper

I'm still heated about the mosquito changes. The stupid amount of red where we used to have black (aka one of our faction colors) looks awful with most of the cosmetics I had before.
  17. Skooma Lord

I like the silver/grey color. Makes it look more practical than bright blue all over. I like how the faction colors don't dominate the Reaver, just some stripes

Now the armor of the N.C. needs to be changed. To me it would look much better like this. Mostly grey with some blue/yellow. Not all blue with some grey and extremely bright yellow mixed in. Right now the N.C. fighters to me look kind of like toys. The Alpha/Beta color coverage looked pretty good to me.

Also I think the Mosquito looked way better without the change. (The black parts becoming red.)
    • Up x 1
  18. hawken is better

I really, really like the grey, but the stripes can go (although I don't mind them tbh).
    • Up x 1
  19. libbmaster

And one day soon, you will get the epic treatment the reaver has received...
  20. Danoli3

Grey looks good. If you don't like always apply ur free Camo you got recently... which is blue... else buy one. Not seeing the problem.

I'm more upset that the following occurred with the Reaver Exterior in regards to camo.
    Standard Fins (or other types) used to have camo applied, then they released Chrome Fins, camo was removed from the Fins and only shown with the Chrome Fins.
    Now recently no camo is shown for either.
    Maybe only the gold fins have camo applied now, I don't know ;(
    • Up x 1