Can't decide, NC1 Gauss, GR-22 or Carnage

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by kadney, Mar 23, 2014.

1. kadney

Hello everybody,
    with the new quiz you have the option to get the Carnage AR for free. I tried it out in the VR a little bit but I can't decide between these three. Right now I play with the NC1 with 2x reflex and Grip, but sometimes I miss the TR's ROF because I play with low FPS what makes it hard to keep my aim on the target.

The NC1 has good ADS accuracy and damage but lacks the ROF. The Carnage and the GR-22 are better for CQC hipfire and more or less the same. The Carnage has the higher ROF (800 vs 750), but it looses some long range damage (112@60m vs. 125@65m) and has a longer reloadtime. Furthermore the recoil of the carnage is a little bit hard to compensate because it goes to both sides while the GR-22 goes to the right.

Can you give any advise about what weapon you prefer and why? (Out of these three.) And what attachments do you recommend?
  2. Epic High Five

I think you've got them mixed up - the Carnage is the slower, more controllable one of the two with better damage dropoff. The GR-22 is the high ROF, shakier one.

Of the 3 I'd recommend the NC1 as the best weapon overall, but if it's not working for you I'd go with the Carnage over the GR-22 100% of the time. With the adv grip it's an absolute laser of a gun that's still quite respectable at hipfire. Much better than the GR-22 overall I think. The reload is what kills me about the GR-22 - wayyyyy too long for a 30 round mag, high ROF, CQC gun
  3. KnightCole

Well, my bro had the GR22 after I recommended it due to his tendency to hipfire. Thought a ALS, Fast ROF weapon would serve him well.

He saw how well I do with the NC1, he has since changed and even said himself he likes the NC1 better.

So, really, after my experiences with the weapons, id vote NC1, its the weapon I roll on my Medic.

GR22 is a bit to limited to CQC, Carnage is just a Cycler, and I really dont dig TR weapons to horribly much...I dont play NC to be TR...so Carnage? meh...no.

But who the heck knows...I guess go with whatever ends up floating your boat the best.

And on my NC1, I roll a Laser and x2. Seems to do well enough in almost all situations. Hipfire is pretty good with a laser, accuracy is decent enough, though at range the recoil pattern kicks my *** alot. I burst fire it like mad, sometimes It gets me very dead, Sometimes wish it had a straight up recoil pattern, I can work with those better.
  4. Ceskaz

Don't know mch about the Carnage, but I love the GR-22, it's a lot of fun. And hipfire is quite reliable in CQC. Of course, NC1 Gauss is more versatile: you can hipfire it with a laser without losing too much at mid range is ADS.
  5. ShotgunGuru

This all depends on your playstyle:
    If you love CQC like I do, use the GR-22 (almost at a gold medal, had it for a week)
    If you like having a gun that can shoot at a range and be able to save you at CQB, use the Carnage BR
    The Guass Rifle is a weapon that I see is for a person who likes medium range confrontations
  6. Nextic

Carnage... Carnage all the way. It really is the best all around rifle in the game and once you master it you will have no use for any other gun.. ever!
  7. Epic High Five

I think the takeaway here is that you can't go wrong with any of them :p

I recommend giving the Gauss a try first just because it's the cheapest option by far. Just slap a laser on it and you're good, because the iron sights are fantastic. Reflexes are only 5 certs for it too if you're drawn to them
  8. CerealBox

The problem with the GR-22 is in the kills per mag + the long reload of 3.4 seconds.
    With the high RoF you'll find yourself in many situations with just not enough bullets to finish off a few targets.
    In addition, the GR-22 limits your range to short or medium-short ranges.

The carnage would be your best bet, but I'm pretty biased because I've got around 10,000 kills with it.

NC1 is as also a solid choice. It can reach farther than both other guns.
  9. Night

The Carnage is a VERY good allround weapon. Its great mid-long range (not sniper long) and it beats most guns except the full CQB guns face2face (If you fire at the same time and dont miss). Add some skill and you can kill everywhere with it.
  10. Epic High Five

Yeah, this is what killed me about the GR-22 above all else. That reload is just murderous for a low DPM, CQC gun. Same reason I hardly ever use the 7F anymore. I auraxed it and it's definitely better than an NS-11A but yeesh.

Sadly, in addition to being a gun I generally dislike, it's also the gun I have some of my best stats with, including an MLG rating on the DA stats site for headshot %

Carnage is really great and now that it's free (with the quiz) the requisite cert investment is greatly lessened. Adv grip/comp and sight of choice. I haven't used it much since auraxing it just before the 0.75x nerf but apparently it made it out of that without taking too much damage.

Also don't overlook the Gauss Rifle S. That unheralded little beast is one of the best guns I've used in the game, trading 23rpm for much better initial accuracy than the Gauss Rifle (which is saying something) and access to SPA, which is a no-brainer considering its crazy high velocity. I run mine for close up squad support work with smoke launcher/SPA/flash suppressor/IRNV and it's a lot of fun.

Pricey though, at 500 certs+100 per for everything you'd need
  11. TheKhopesh

All are good weapons, but I suggest against the carnage.
    After it's nerf it got pretty weak at range.
    It under preforms compared to any of the NC's ranged weapons now, and has a relatively pokey 750 RPM for a CQC weapon.

Still a good gun, don't get me wrong, but the GR-22 can do everything the Carnage can with a tiiiiny bit less reliability at range.
    All in all, the Carnage is not worth the loss of fire rate for it's woefully small accuracy increase over the GR-22.
  12. Chubzdoomer

GR-22 for close-to-mid-range laser sight hip-firing goodness (with occasional ADS tap-firing).
    NC1 Gauss for mid-to-long-range engagements.

Both are great guns! (I've never tried the Carnage, so I can't speak about that one from firsthand experience.)

Since you say you have trouble aiming due to low FPS, it sounds like the GR-22 would be better for you overall since, with the laser sight attachment, you don't have to aim down your sights to land the majority of your shots (much like playing with an SMG).
  13. MrK

Can't agree, the Adv Forw Grip makes all the difference at range between Carnage and GR-22. I had no pb having the same degree of flexibility with my Carnage as I had with my Gauss. I can't say the same at all with GR-22 (It's my current "under Auraxium course" AR :) ). All these facility courtyards fights are easier with Carnage/Gauss, for me.
  14. TheKhopesh

Even at ranges up to 40 meters I find that I do better with the GR-22.
    At 40 meters and further, I do better with the Reaper.

Maybe just me though...
  15. DevDevBooday

As an NC bullet connoisseur. I have 'tasted' each and all of your assault rifles and recommend the Carnage. It has a strong, zesty punch that brings tears to my eyes.

Seriously though, I lose alot to that gun, unless I zap them with my TRV first.
  16. MrK

You're surely right there, I've the same with GR22 for short ranges, and yet to see with DMR since it'll be my last Auxd AR (I'll be on it after I finish GR22), so I can't comment.
    Like I wrote somewhere else in these boards, I'm a versatility freak. I rarely go for specialization because the situation changes too fast in PS2.
    Yes, GR22 is the best CQC, yes DMR is the best at range. For "a Medic gun", I'd recommend Gauss or Carnage. If a choice must be made, I'll go for the versatile choice. From my spawn point to my objective, in 80% of my runs, I encounter long, mid and short range situations. And no luxury to change loadout in the middle of it.
    • Up x 1
  17. Epic High Five

TRV, or as it is for me, "hey that's a funny lookin" BRRAAAAAPPPP dead

It's my favorite all-range gun on my TR medic for a reason :D

What is your experience going up against the Reaper DMR? On my end I have wayyyy more of those SAW-style "hahaha oh **** I can't believe I killed them so fast" moments with the 200max-167min of the Reaper, and I know for a stone-cold fact that the gun I hate going up against when I'm fighting NC is the X11. Giving a class that spends 100% of the time above you a gun that rattles off 400 damage headshot is only fun when you're the one with the gun :D
  18. Fubbles

Can't go wrong with the stock Gauss rifle for overall versatility. That being said for me personally I find the GR22 to be much more controllable than its faction equivalents (TAR, HV45), I find myself killing reliably at further ranges with the GR22 than the other 800 rof rifles due to its predictable and manageable recoil (considering its 800 rpm fire rate). The Carnage used to be so amazing but ever since the change I found myself gravitating more towards the stock Gauss rifle or the GR22. That's just me though
  19. TeknoBug

Close range = GR-22
    Long range = Gauss or Gauss S (I prefer Reaper DMR)
  20. Akeita

Guass Rifles and DMR is like a SAW and EM6 in a assault rifles version, except the DMR is way easier to control. Just slap a laser sight on the Gauss rifles for the sake of range/hip fire, I don't really like high RoF weapon that much.